Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky vs. Michigan - Ann Arbor Regional (Baseball)
Kentucky will face Michigan in the NCAA tournament, other teams in the Ann Arbor region are Eastern Michigan and Arizona.

Tournament Bracket...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3412747
Ahhh, this is bad. I love each team!! It don't matter who wins to me. Both teams are great!!
UK certainly doesn't have an easy road to Omaha. Should they beat Michigan (AT Michigan) they will more than likely play Arizona, who has been in the top 10-15 all season it seems. Then the winner of that region plays the region that contains Miami (Fla.), Bethune-Cookman, Ole Miss, and Missouri. Should be tough, but let's hope Cohen and the guys can pull it out.
Interesting note: Michigan is hosting as a #2 seed.
It will be a tough game for the batcats, Michigan has won 12 of its last 13 and sweep through the Big Ten tourney, like SOK said I hope Cohen and the guys can pull it out...Go Cats!!....When is this game played??
I'm confident coach Cohen will have his team ready to go into Ann Arbor and come out on top. he's one of the best colllege coaches in the nation. should be a great regional.
If their pitching can stand strong throughout the tourney, they very easily could come out of this regional. Of course that goes for any team, but especially UK. They're offense usually isn't a problem. GO CATS!
If you ask me, UK kind of got a raw deal in the bracket. First, getting stuck with a #3 seed in the first place was wrong. You're talking about a team that finished fourth in the SEC, while winning over 40 games, and they aren't even one of the top 32 teams in the nation? Bull crap. Prior to the tournament, most national projections had the Cats with a good shot at getting a #1 seed if they made a good run in the SEC tourney. I don't think their 1-2 stint in Hoover last week should have dropped them down two seed lines.

Then, not only did they get stuck with a #3 seed, but they get paired with the only #2 seed that is hosting a regional, Michigan. So, UK is the only team in the tournament who has to play an opening "road" game, who was not a #4 seed. So one could make the argument that UK was accorded the least respect of all the #3 seeds as well.

Anyway, UK will have their hands full this weekend. At least they should get back Chris Rusin, their best starter all season who was held out of the SEC tourney due to injury.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK will be fine,afte all they do have coach Bohannon
kybaseball Wrote:UK will be fine,afte all they do have coach Bohannon

Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was hoping that it would be televised but the only chance I could find was on ESPNU, because it didn't specify which game it would play. However, anyone can still listen to it streaming at UKAthletic's site.
Well they are getting beat 5-1 in the 3rd.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile
Just wondering if there is an inside joke attached to that? In my personal dealings with him I've found him to be a great guy as well as a great coach. He was a very accommodating guy. He is a very good compliment to the rest of a great staff.
So....any info on the game?
Suspended in the 5th, down 5-1, until tomor at 11am.
And the 'Cards blew a lead today, also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You can watch these games by following the video link at ukathletics.com
It goes through your Media Player and takes only a few seconds to load.
UK lost to UM 7-5, but beat Eastern Mich. 4-3. They will play the lose of Arizona and Michigan.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just wondering if there is an inside joke attached to that? In my personal dealings with him I've found him to be a great guy as well as a great coach. He was a very accommodating guy. He is a very good compliment to the rest of a great staff.

There was a coach that had a lot of hitting cd's of Coach Cohen and he gave a lot out to the boys. and when they did something wrong the would say what did coach Bohannon say to do.(i don't think he ever said a word in the video) it caught on and was kind of funny.

No disrespect to his ability,I have a friend who is a coach at another D1 school and he says he is a great recruiter and a great guy.
Panther Thunder Wrote:UK lost to UM 7-5, but beat Eastern Mich. 4-3. They will play the lose of Arizona and Michigan.

Looks like UK will have to play Michigan once again.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just wondering if there is an inside joke attached to that? In my personal dealings with him I've found him to be a great guy as well as a great coach. He was a very accommodating guy. He is a very good compliment to the rest of a great staff.

I think Bohannon is a fine assistant, I just thought it was comical that this guy said UK would be fine because of him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I think Bohannon is a fine assistant, I just thought it was comical that this guy said UK would be fine because of him.

it was meant to be funny,:thatsfunn
UK won!!
bluegrassballa Wrote:UK won!!

No they didn't, they got beat by Arizona.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:No they didn't, they got beat by Arizona.

I actually meant that they beat Michigan. This is the Michigan vs. UK thread.