Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Hammonds Injured
Alex was hurt earlier today when a baseball bat flew out of his brothers hand and hit Alex in the face. He is on his way to Lexington UK hospital at this time. Sat. 7:42 p.m.
So this happened just a few minutes ago. It must be really serious if he is being taken to UK. I hope he is alright not only is he a great athlete, but an even better person! Keep us updated Bad Hop!
were did this happen and who does he play for? i herd a kid got hit at Estill co.
We spoke to his mother a few minutes ago she was in the ambulance with him and they had just pasted Stanton. He has lost some teeth and she said he may have some broke bones, the biggest concern is he doesn't seem to know what going on and can not remember stuff.
basketballwizz Wrote:were did this happen and who does he play for? i herd a kid got hit at Estill co.
Alex plays for Allen Central and it happened at a relatives house I think.
bad hop Wrote:We spoke to his mother a few minutes ago she was in the ambulance with him and they had just pasted Stanton. He has lost some teeth and she said he may have some broke bones, the biggest concern is he doesn't seem to know what going on and can not remember stuff.

Wow that is not good at all. I agree the worst thing about it is that he doesn't remember anything. Alex I am praying for ya man, and I love you brother.
Wow, Allen Central has certainly had a lot to endure this season, as far as injuries. Hope Alex is OK.
Our prayers are with you Alex
Well I got an update on the condition of Alex. He was struck with the baseball bat that flew out of his brothers hands and then he fell and hit his face on a truck and thats what really hurt him. He broke the 2 of his front teeth, he will need 2 root canals for both of them. He also has a cut from the bottom of his nose to his upper lip. Also was said his memory was faiding in and out so thats the thing that everyone is worried about. Everyone keep him and his family in your prayers, a great young man.
Hope Alex is alright. I have gotten to know him through mens' softball over the past few years, and he is a great young man. I really think highly of him and his family. My prayers are with you Alex.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Wow, Allen Central has certainly had a lot to endure this season, as far as injuries. Hope Alex is OK.

You are right Mr. Kimball- it's almost like black cloud has hung over this team all season. They have been fortunate though that despite all the injuries/illness the players have bounced back. Thoughts and prayers to Alex and his family-hope all turns out well for you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you Alex.
Thoughts and prayers are with Alex and his family...

He does play men's slow-pitch softball with his brothers and dad, so I'd say it happened from that.
I just got off the phone with Al, and he will be coming home after he gets done eating. He lost almost all of his 2 front teeth, and they will have to be fixed on Tuesday. He had a pretty bad concussion but he has his memory back now. He said he can't hardly open his mouth because there are stitches on the inside and outside and it is very swollen. But as his best friend, i am very glad to know he is doing ok and will recover and will be home soon.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I just got off the phone with Al, and he will be coming home after he gets done eating. He lost almost all of his 2 front teeth, and they will have to be fixed on Tuesday. He had a pretty bad concussion but he has his memory back now. He said he can't hardly open his mouth because there are stitches on the inside and outside and it is very swollen. But as his best friend, i am very glad to know he is doing ok and will recover and will be home soon.

Thats great news... thanks for the update!
It is good to hear he is recovering fairly well. My mom works with his mom and we have been trying to reach them for a while. Thanks for the update, runninrebs21. Like most of you, I think very highly of the entire Hammonds family. I have known them for years and they are all good friends of my family. Get well soon, Alex. We'll keep prayin' for ya.
Glad to hear that he's gonna be OK.
Just heard about this injury. Alex is a great kid and very well liked by many. I am glad he is doing better and hope everything continues on the road to recovery.
A tremendous young man! My prayers are with him, as I wish him a miraculous recovery because I know he wants to play for his team in the regional tournament.