Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 10 East Carter 8(16th Region)
Midee1 Wrote:Let me see if I can clarify the issue at hand.

Bringing up football in a baseball thread is posting off topic.

Here is rule #3

3.You agree not to post off-topic. We require that you keep your comments consistent with the subject of the thread. Deliberate disruption such as frivolous commentary will not be tolerated. Your post will be removed and you will receive a warning from a staff member. Your second warning will result in your account being suspended.

Here is a link to all the rules in case anyone needs further clarification.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/cmps_inde...page=rules

I'm not trying to be argumentative but when we bring up Kasey Clark or a Threads title is Russell 2008 and People get talking about the best Russell team ever..Isn't that off topic?
RedDevil_TE Wrote:I'm not trying to be argumentative but when we bring up Kasey Clark or a Threads title is Russell 2008 and People get talking about the best Russell team ever..Isn't that off topic?

Absolutely. But at least they are talking about the same sport. This one is talking about a completely different sport.

It is a judgment call on our part.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:I'm not trying to be argumentative but when we bring up Kasey Clark or a Threads title is Russell 2008 and People get talking about the best Russell team ever..Isn't that off topic?

How bout it just stop now and forget about it. It doesn't matter one way or the other. I thought when I clicked on the thread I could read about the game, but instead I got all this crap about football. It just doesn't make any sense. To be honest I don't even know why you said that because in all honestly all anyone would have to say back is, "We'll see what happens in basketball!" It is the best of my knowledge that right now football is all Russell really has, and of course their softball team, so to be so arrogant just makes you look bad and the whole schools really. I just wish people would realize they are representing their schools when they post, and everyone already thinks Russell kids are cocky and arrogant, and I know a lot of really good people from there, but it is people who say things like you have that make them get that reputation. I know I got off topic there, but I couldn't help it sorry.
Congrats Russell on the baseball game.
Impressive Wrote:East was leading 6-1 and got down 10-6 going into the 6th... they score 2 in the bottom of the 6th but their rally was cut short by an absolutely horrible call at 3rd base by the home plate umpire( the ball was hit to the outfield and the home plate umpire had to make the call.... Unfortunately) This same umpire blew another call last night in the 7th that almost cost east the game. This is stupid, IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SCHOOL, DONT TAKE IT OUT ON THE KIDS.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.... I was there and on that side the kid was out.... The only stupid thing in that situation was the kid running with the ball behind third base

Do not be a sore loser... East was a good team but sometimes the better team loses its called an upset...
If you give up a 6-1 lead its hard to say that one call cost you the game. Good job Russell. The young team improved as the year went along.
Bosox Fan Wrote:ARE YOU KIDDING ME.... I was there and on that side the kid was out.... The only stupid thing in that situation was the kid running with the ball behind third base

Do not be a sore loser... East was a good team but sometimes the better team loses its called an upset...

He was Safe. but it doesnt matter now.. congrats russell..
FBALL Wrote:If you give up a 6-1 lead its hard to say that one call cost you the game. Good job Russell. The young team improved as the year went along.

Very true! 1, maybe 2 runs yea you could say that one call could've cost you the game, but not from a 6 run deficit, impossible. All that is is a melt-down!
Congrats baseball team proud to hear you all made a very very good run!!
Impressive Wrote:He was Safe. but it doesnt matter now.. congrats russell..
Maybe if you guys worked harder 1 call wouldn't decide the game for you!

Congrats Devils!!!!!:devilflam
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Very true! 1, maybe 2 runs yea you could say that one call could've cost you the game, but not from a 6 run deficit, impossible. All that is is a melt-down!
Circle Gets the Square!!!!!:rockon:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Why are you telling me to move on when your the one bringing up football again on a baseball forum? If anybody is off subject it's you not me. Russell overcome a rough season to make it to the regional finals they should be proud. Some fans have to have excuses that is why they call them fans. Nobody likes to lose, and if they feel like they were shafted by umpires then it's their right to say it. I just don't understand why the only comeback anybody from Russell can come up with is Wait til Football. I just wish you and some others would give it a rest. Russell should be extremely proud of what they accomplished. They live in footballs shadow as it is in that town, and then when they do succeed in baseball you still have people bringing up football on here instead of congratulating them on the big win.

Great post JackRabbitSlim. :Thumbs: Russell should be very proud of what their baseball team has done this year!!!!!! I know that I am!!!!:letsparty
obviously East Carter fans are gonna say he was safe and Russell fans are gonna say he was out... (He was out by the way) and true it may have only cost east 1 or 2 runs.. but when u lose by 2 runs... thats a huge call...
East made some errors and walked a few but still the only teams who had a chance to beat Greenup in the finals was East or Ashland..
Impressive Wrote:East made some errors and walked a few but still the only teams who had a chance to beat Greenup in the finals was East or Ashland..

You can say whatever you would like but Russell beat East who beat Ashland, so apparently Russell deserved to be in the regional championship game.
2Fast4U Wrote:You can say whatever you would like but Russell beat East who beat Ashland, so apparently Russell deserved to be in the regional championship game.

thank you.... BTW I am not a Russell fan and the guy was out.... actually I am a Greenup fan and he was out
nahhh he was safe but if ur a greenup fan then u was sitting in the first base side bleachers because thats where greenup came in and sat, the farthest seats away from the play.. (im not gonna lie.. it was stupid baserunning, but if hes safe, hes safe, stupid running or not)
your obviously gonna side with the team u wanted to play against in the finals..
Impressive Wrote:nahhh he was safe but if ur a greenup fan then u was sitting in the first base side bleachers because thats where greenup came in and sat, the farthest seats away from the play.. (im not gonna lie.. it was stupid baserunning, but if hes safe, hes safe, stupid running or not)
your obviously gonna side with the team u wanted to play against in the finals..

I was actually on the 3rd base side I was talking to guys on my summer team that played for Boyd a few years ago.... But it really does not matter... Bob Kouns was the one who made the call and that call would have only resulted in one more run that I can recall that may be wrong.... But I absolutly loved the EC coaches blow up... It was a great time for it.... His team came out of the rain delay fired up...they put a few on the board and when the kid was CALLED OUT at third that put EC in a 2 out bases empty situation so what could he do as the coach to keep the intensity? GET THROWN OUT so for that reason kudos to him