Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 14, Hazard 7
Bosox Fan Wrote:The upper 80s is not anything to call home about... I was at the Boyd Co. Greenup game and the guy sitting in front of me had a radar gun.... Logan Helms was throwing 86-88 consistently... Tyler who won the game and set the state record for most consecutive scoreless innings that game was no where near that.... Pitching is not all about velocity... Tyler is the undoubted ace of the Musketeer staff for the past 2 years and has not been the hardest thrower either year and last year he was not even the 2nd hardest (Austin Wright was the hardest and Dakata Greenslate is the hardest this year)

Tyler is very crafty and very smart. 39 scorless innings is unheard of, and he could very easily have a lot more to add to that by the time state tournament rolls around. I just don't think that Estill has seen pitching like Tyler this year, and if they have it would have been against Henry Clay, and Henry Clay smoke them. Harrison doesn't have anybody that throws like Tyler so I know they didn't against them. Estill is a good hitting team, but they haven't seen the quality pitching this year like Greenup has, and I think that will be the different. Greenup's tough schedule will take them to the state tournament for the second year.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually I have, and if Freeman is able to start a game that will be the only game they will be close enough to win. Other than that Greenup should win.

BLAH BLAH BLAH ... GO ENGINEERS
SWING HARD Wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH ... GO ENGINEERS

Thanks for the educated comeback..
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Thanks for the educated comeback..

I am an Engineer fan; but the kid from Greenup is one of the best in the state, and Greenup is a seasoned, veteran club, well balanced. If Estill were to win two of three, it would be a pretty big upset. With that said, "Go Estill."
thecavemaster Wrote:I am an Engineer fan; but the kid from Greenup is one of the best in the state, and Greenup is a seasoned, veteran club, well balanced. If Estill were to win two of three, it would be a pretty big upset. With that said, "Go Estill."

I agree it would be a very big upset.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Thanks for the educated comeback..

YOUR WELCOME. EVERYONE IS AWARE THAT YOU ARE FOR GREENUP CO. I HOPE THEY DONT LET YOU DOWN . HOWEVER THE TOP DAWG DONT ALWAYS WIN . JUST ASK GARDNER WEBB GO NEERS......
at a boy SWING HARD...Tell 'em!!! I try not to get too upset with JRS....It's the same JRS that ridiculed BASKETBALLWIZZ when he predicted the Lee upset over Powell...Regardless, we all know that Estill is the underdog so that takes the pressure off of Estill....Sometimes that's enough to make the difference...ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!! This trains gonna roll!!!!!!!!!!!
SWING HARD Wrote:YOUR WELCOME. EVERYONE IS AWARE THAT YOU ARE FOR GREENUP CO. I HOPE THEY DONT LET YOU DOWN . HOWEVER THE TOP DAWG DONT ALWAYS WIN . JUST ASK GARDNER WEBB GO NEERS......

That's hilarious! You think that because I make a statement about a team that is automatically where I am from? Well you are wrong. A lot of people on here know that you are wrong about that one, but it's okay I understand where you would think that, but I really just know how good they are, and I dont see anyone beating them until the state tournament.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That's hilarious! You think that because I make a statement about a team that is automatically where I am from? Well you are wrong. A lot of people on here know that you are wrong about that one, but it's okay I understand where you would think that, but I really just know how good they are, and I dont see anyone beating them until the state tournament.

FIRST OFF I DIDNT SAY YOU WERE FROM GREEN UP I DONT KNOW WERE YOU LIVE AND COULD CARE LESS BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS NO MATTER WHO ESTILL PLAYS I EXPECT THEM TO WIN EVERY TIME THEY STEP ON TO THE FIELD WE MAY NOT WIN EVERY TIME BUT WE STILL EXPECT THEM TO WIN . YES GREENUP IS VERY TALENTED BASEBALL TEAM . AND YES THEY ARE SEASONED AND HAVE ALOT TALENT AND ARE SOLID CLUB NO ONE IS DOUBTING THAT . DONT BE SO IRRATE WHEN SOMEONE VOICES THERE OPINION AFTER YOUVE ALREADY INSULTED THE TEAM THEIR ROOTING FOR.. THIS STUFF JUST FOR FUN AND GAMES MAN... LIGHTEN UP...
SWING HARD Wrote:FIRST OFF I DIDNT SAY YOU WERE FROM GREEN UP I DONT KNOW WERE YOU LIVE AND COULD CARE LESS BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS NO MATTER WHO ESTILL PLAYS I EXPECT THEM TO WIN EVERY TIME THEY STEP ON TO THE FIELD WE MAY NOT WIN EVERY TIME BUT WE STILL EXPECT THEM TO WIN . YES GREENUP IS VERY TALENTED BASEBALL TEAM . AND YES THEY ARE SEASONED AND HAVE ALOT TALENT AND ARE SOLID CLUB NO ONE IS DOUBTING THAT . DONT BE SO IRRATE WHEN SOMEONE VOICES THERE OPINION AFTER YOUVE ALREADY INSULTED THE TEAM THEIR ROOTING FOR.. THIS STUFF JUST FOR FUN AND GAMES MAN... LIGHTEN UP...

I never once insulted Estill County. By me saying that I don't think they can beat Greenup in a three game series is not insulting. As a matter of fact I have more than complimented them on several occasions on a good program and their coach, so I don't want to hear that. The bottomline is the fact that people can't stand for someone else to make an opinion if it differs from theirs, and when they do they automatically assume they are from there, which is hardly the case. You can expect them to win all you want, I would hope you would support them since they are your team, but because someone doesn't agree you can't get on here and start bashing everything they think because it's not your same opinion. Doesn't look like I am the one that needs to lighten up.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I never once insulted Estill County. By me saying that I don't think they can beat Greenup in a three game series is not insulting. As a matter of fact I have more than complimented them on several occasions on a good program and their coach, so I don't want to hear that. The bottomline is the fact that people can't stand for someone else to make an opinion if it differs from theirs, and when they do they automatically assume they are from there, which is hardly the case. You can expect them to win all you want, I would hope you would support them since they are your team, but because someone doesn't agree you can't get on here and start bashing everything they think because it's not your same opinion. Doesn't look like I am the one that needs to lighten up.

IT WILL BE A GOOD SERIES..... GO NEERS
SWING HARD Wrote:IT WILL BE A GOOD SERIES..... GO NEERS

agreed!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually yea I did. Estill only put up 10 runs against GRC not 13. There was 13 total runs scored. So "whomever" they may be was wrong. Not too mention GRC's "ace" is their shortstop and he has only topped out at 84 a couple of times this year. My God! The exaggeration on here is hilarious. And to be completely honest I can't even believe he is trying to bring up the Harrison County and Henry Clay games. Estill almost got mercy ruled in both of those games. I don't care what kind of field you play on both teams are hitting on it so it shouldn't matter. That is just another classic excuse of why they got smoked. What he felled to mention was that Henry Clay beat Estill 13-5, and Harrison beat them 12-3. Not exactly the close game he was trying to portray. Henry Clay is a good team and I am sure they threw off against Estill to begin with. Whenever they only teams that you can consistently beat are 14th region and low rate mediocre teams around your county, it's really not a lot to brag about. Bottomline like I said before Greenup County will be the favorite going into the section. They will hit similar to Greenup, but they can not hold a candle to the pitching staff that Greenup has. And by the way I was very well of the "all" the stats whenever I posted, so before you start trying to call people out maybe you should check them yourself.

OK FIRST OFF...ALL U DO IS POST STUFF BOUT HOW BAD OF A TEAM ESTILL IS..WHICH MEANS UR PROLLY FROM POWELL...OR FROM SOMEWHERE THAT ESTILL SMOKED..AND UR UPSET THAT UR SITTIN AT HOME ON UR BUTT INSTEAD OF PLAYIN ...HAHA...AND SECOND OFF...ESTILL WAS PLAYIN A GOOD GAME AGAINST HENRY CLAY UNTIL THE 7TH INNING AND THEY HAD A BUNCH OF ERRORS AND BLEW IT.....IN MY OPPINION GREENUP IS NOT THE BEAST OF A TEAM THAT EVERYONE SYAYS THEY ARE...HEINEMEN THROWS BOUT 84-86 CONSISTANTLY...AND ESTILL CAN KILL THE BALL...FREMAN IS BACK AND THROWIN WELL BUT HES NOT ALL ESTILL HAS CAUSE IF U REMEBER HE HAS BEEN GONE FOR OVER A MONTH NOW...AND ESTILL HAS STILL TRAMPLED EVERYONE ELSE THEY HAVE PLAYED...SO MAYBE U SHOULD STOP PUTTIN THEM OWN CAUSE THE WAY I SEE IT U HAVE NO REASON TOO...LOOK AT THEIR RECORD..AND LOOK WHERE THEY'RE AT!!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually I have, and if Freeman is able to start a game that will be the only game they will be close enough to win. Other than that Greenup should win.

WELL I THINK ESTILL IS A BETTER HITTIN GTEAM THAN GREENUP...AND BETTER ON DEFENSE ....YEA I AGREE GREENUP HAS DEEPER PICHING AS FAR AS VELOCITY ...BUT I THINK THAT WHOEVER THROWS FOR ESTILL HAS NOTHIN TO LOSE...HERES ALL THEY SHOULD BE THINKIN...."GOOOOP ...LET IT RIDE"
go big or go home Wrote:OK FIRST OFF...ALL U DO IS POST STUFF BOUT HOW BAD OF A TEAM ESTILL IS..WHICH MEANS UR PROLLY FROM POWELL...OR FROM SOMEWHERE THAT ESTILL SMOKED..AND UR UPSET THAT UR SITTIN AT HOME ON UR BUTT INSTEAD OF PLAYIN ...HAHA...AND SECOND OFF...ESTILL WAS PLAYIN A GOOD GAME AGAINST HENRY CLAY UNTIL THE 7TH INNING AND THEY HAD A BUNCH OF ERRORS AND BLEW IT.....IN MY OPPINION GREENUP IS NOT THE BEAST OF A TEAM THAT EVERYONE SYAYS THEY ARE...HEINEMEN THROWS BOUT 84-86 CONSISTANTLY...AND ESTILL CAN KILL THE BALL...FREMAN IS BACK AND THROWIN WELL BUT HES NOT ALL ESTILL HAS CAUSE IF U REMEBER HE HAS BEEN GONE FOR OVER A MONTH NOW...AND ESTILL HAS STILL TRAMPLED EVERYONE ELSE THEY HAVE PLAYED...SO MAYBE U SHOULD STOP PUTTIN THEM OWN CAUSE THE WAY I SEE IT U HAVE NO REASON TOO...LOOK AT THEIR RECORD..AND LOOK WHERE THEY'RE AT!!!

Look if you want to go back and look at the other threads I have done nothing but compliment the players, coaches, and pretty much everybody involved with Estill's program. I am not going to get in an argument with a kid about that. And you statment about how hard Heinerman throws just proves that you know nothing about Greenup County. He doesn't even come close to throwing 86 MPH. He might have hit 84 once or twice, but that would have been it. He is consistently low 80's, but he has three pitches, and uses spots as good as anybody I have seen. He is not over powering, but he will get you out. Very smart kid. On the mound, Freeman is all Estill has that can keep a game close with Greenup. Estill would not have won the regional tournament if Freeman wouldn't have come back and pitched, and I think everyone from Estill could, and should admit that. You need to learn how to except other peoples opinions, or your never going to be able to have a descent conversation on here, but it's fine I understand you are just a kid, and more than likely a player, and it probably hurt your feelings or something.

Not too mention you don't even know how to spell the kid's name.
go big or go home Wrote:WELL I THINK ESTILL IS A BETTER HITTIN GTEAM THAN GREENUP...AND BETTER ON DEFENSE ....YEA I AGREE GREENUP HAS DEEPER PICHING AS FAR AS VELOCITY ...BUT I THINK THAT WHOEVER THROWS FOR ESTILL HAS NOTHIN TO LOSE...HERES ALL THEY SHOULD BE THINKIN...."GOOOOP ...LET IT RIDE"

You have obviously never even seen Greenup play....

Yea they do have something to lose, the sectional tournament!

I don't know what the last part of you post even means...
Again, and I am an Estill fan, I don't think just because JRS thinks Greenup is the better team means he thinks Estill is chopped liver. I think if you look at the KHSAA web site, compare Estill's schedule to Greenup's, check some box scores and compare depth of pitching, it's very hard to argue that Greenup is not a very strong favorite. It's like when Boston played Detroit; to say that one or the other was the favorite was not to slam one team, but rather to make a comparison between two good teams, choosing which one you think is the better.
thecavemaster Wrote:Again, and I am an Estill fan, I don't think just because JRS thinks Greenup is the better team means he thinks Estill is chopped liver. I think if you look at the KHSAA web site, compare Estill's schedule to Greenup's, check some box scores and compare depth of pitching, it's very hard to argue that Greenup is not a very strong favorite. It's like when Boston played Detroit; to say that one or the other was the favorite was not to slam one team, but rather to make a comparison between two good teams, choosing which one you think is the better.

Good point! I don't Estill is a bad team at all, but they are going up against a team who has been playing on an elite level since mid-April, and hasn't lost since then either.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Look if you want to go back and look at the other threads I have done nothing but compliment the players, coaches, and pretty much everybody involved with Estill's program. I am not going to get in an argument with a kid about that. And you statment about how hard Heinerman throws just proves that you know nothing about Greenup County. He doesn't even come close to throwing 86 MPH. He might have hit 84 once or twice, but that would have been it. He is consistently low 80's, but he has three pitches, and uses spots as good as anybody I have seen. He is not over powering, but he will get you out. Very smart kid. On the mound, Freeman is all Estill has that can keep a game close with Greenup. Estill would not have won the regional tournament if Freeman wouldn't have come back and pitched, and I think everyone from Estill could, and should admit that. You need to learn how to except other peoples opinions, or your never going to be able to have a descent conversation on here, but it's fine I understand you are just a kid, and more than likely a player, and it probably hurt your feelings or something.

Not too mention you don't even know how to spell the kid's name.

You have obviously never even seen Greenup play....

Yea they do have something to lose, the sectional tournament!

I don't know what the last part of you post even means...

Ok I've been thinking....and what i said to you was out of line...idk where your from and quite frankly i dont think it matters...i wasn't trying to put down powell county in my last post either i have alot of respect for powell and their coach...they are a good ball club...i wast just trying to make a point that you should show some faith in estill because they are undefeated in their region..also they are a class act...after saying that.....it should be a good game tomorrow night...i cant wait to watch...
go big or go home Wrote:Ok I've been thinking....and what i said to you was out of line...idk where your from and quite frankly i dont think it matters...i wasn't trying to put down powell county in my last post either i have alot of respect for powell and their coach...they are a good ball club...i wast just trying to make a point that you should show some faith in estill because they are undefeated in their region..also they are a class act...after saying that.....it should be a good game tomorrow night...i cant wait to watch...

No big deal, I agree with you. I think Estill is a very competitive team with a great coach and a very classy program. There is no doubt in my mind about that.
With all of this said...I think I'm going to have to say Greenup Co. will be the one to advance...As much as i want Estill Co. to win I just don't see it happening.
Greenup has been here, they know what to expect and imo they have several better than average pitchers, while Estill has one "ace" and a few others that lack in comparison.
BUT....I'll still hold true to Estill so
GO NEERS!!
Somebody anybody,please start a Greenup vs Estill thread. And let this thread die a peacfull death.