Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK 4, Eastern Michigan 3 (baseball)
With their backs to the wall in an elimination game, UK wins one they had to have this afternoon, beating EMU 4-3. Kentucky was at a disadvantage for this game from the get-go, since they had just finished the suspended game earlier that morning, then had to turn around and play again just a couple hours later. Congrats to the Cats on a hard-fought win.

UK will now get a rematch tomorrow with Michigan, who lost to Arizona in the winners bracket.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:With their backs to the wall in an elimination game, UK wins one they had to have this afternoon, beating EMU 4-3. Kentucky was at a disadvantage for this game from the get-go, since they had just finished the suspended game earlier that morning, then had to turn around and play again just a couple hours later. Congrats to the Cats on a hard-fought win.

UK will now get a rematch tomorrow with Michigan, who lost to Arizona in the winners bracket.
To me , it is quite the opposite. Having to complete one gane earlier may have in fact been the advantage that Kentucky needed to give them an edge. Baseball is not like basketball or football, baseball plays double headers all the time. I would rather have a few innings under my belt going into a second game, than not.
I don't see UK taking out MI unless the knock the cover off the ball, it took all they had just to beat EMU, who lost the first 12 games of the season. But who knows, baseball is baseball.
UK has to do that everygame Panther Thunder, they dont have elite pitching. And they already had played EMU twice during the year,and they had been playing hot as of late. Thats why the game was so close.
Good Job Bat Cats
ukyfootball Wrote:UK has to do that everygame Panther Thunder, they dont have elite pitching. And they already had played EMU twice during the year,and they had been playing hot as of late. Thats why the game was so close.
Well then SEC pitching much suck, because according to the Jon Cohen show they lead the SEC in team ERA.