Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seniors That Will Be Playing Baseball Next Year
Lets list the Seniors from each school that will playing at the Collegiate level next year.
I feel they deserve to be recognized.
DawgBalls Wrote:Lets list the Seniors from each school that will playing at the Collegiate level next year.
I feel they deserve to be recognized.

Tyler Hieneman-Greenup- Morehead
Caleb Rigsby-Ashland-Tennessee Wesleyan
Bosox Fan Wrote:Tyler Hieneman-Greenup- Morehead

Tyler Hienman superb year havent seen the Rigsby kid play this year but heard nothing but good things about the kid congradulations to both of you hope you are both as succesfull at the college level as you were at the high school level.......
Tyler Dotson
Shane Williamson
Belfry will be palying Alice Lloyd next year good luck to them and all the the other seniors that received this privledge.
Timmy Hayes going to U of L
Brad Laney
Jeff Cyrus Pikeville
Lewis Michaels
Dustin Kingsmore Alice Lloyd

All of these kids from Lawrence Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
B.J. Hamilton Russell Pikeville College

Jacob Plummer Boyd Co. Centre College
i think that jordan barker from clark co. and cory brewer from Powell will be playing at University of the cumberlands...
DoItBig Wrote:i think that jordan barker from clark co. and cory brewer from Powell will be playing at University of the cumberlands...

Barker very good baseball player watched him for many of years solid player will have tremendous success at Cumberland good luck to both of them......
Bobby McKinney from Pike Central will be playing at Pikeville College.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:Tyler Dotson
Shane Williamson
Belfry will be palying Alice Lloyd next year good luck to them and all the the other seniors that received this privledge.

How did Pikeville College let these 2 kids get away. Aren't they pretty close to home there.
DawgBalls Wrote:How did Pikeville College let these 2 kids get away. Aren't they pretty close to home there.

My understanding they were courted by PC Tyler especially but the kids received full rides to AL and loved the coached there. AL has a wealth of experince on thier coaching staff. PC with Ashby I don't know!!!
Robbie Ross has signed to play at Kentucky, but he was just drafted 57th overall, so it is still to be seen whether he will actually see any playing time at the collegiate level.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:My understanding they were courted by PC Tyler especially but the kids received full rides to AL and loved the coached there. AL has a wealth of experince on thier coaching staff. PC with Ashby I don't know!!!

Yea and I guess that is why PC mercied Alice Loyd last season? Experience mean nothing unless you use it.
All PC sports have had budget cuts this year. As I understand, baseball and soccer are overbudget just on what they already had in the program.
Groundhog1965 Wrote:All PC sports have had budget cuts this year. As I understand, baseball and soccer are overbudget just on what they already had in the program.

I think thats the last thing their baseball program needed as it was... they were sad
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea and I guess that is why PC mercied Alice Loyd last season? Experience mean nothing unless you use it.
I didn't say that AC had the talent on the field I said thier coaching staff.
Ac is young and a whole lot smaller school.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:I didn't say that AC had the talent on the field I said thier coaching staff.
Ac is young and a whole lot smaller school.

Actually the enrollment is the same. The only thing that makes Pikeville bigger is the medical school, and none of those students can play sports, so the enrollment is the exact same.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually the enrollment is the same. The only thing that makes Pikeville bigger is the medical school, and none of those students can play sports, so the enrollment is the exact same.
What is PC's enrollment?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Actually the enrollment is the same. The only thing that makes Pikeville bigger is the medical school, and none of those students can play sports, so the enrollment is the exact same.

You dont know know what in the world you are talking about....
AL beat PC once.
High_Heat Wrote:You dont know know what in the world you are talking about....
AL beat PC once.

Actually he does know what he is talking about. Pikeville mercied AL 10-0, and then in a darkness shortened game they ended up tied 5-5, in a game where I believe that Pikeville only played their JV squad.

But the fact is that AL did not beat Pikeville College.
SimplyDis1 Wrote:Barker very good baseball player watched him for many of years solid player will have tremendous success at Cumberland good luck to both of them......

Clark Co. seems to have a pretty good pipeline of players to Cumberlands lately. Ryan Bennett and Josh Woods are already there. I know that coach Shelton is very high on Barker. Will Evan Bennett end up following his older brother to UC?
Kyle5_88 Wrote:My understanding they were courted by PC Tyler especially but the kids received full rides to AL and loved the coached there. AL has a wealth of experince on thier coaching staff. PC with Ashby I don't know!!!

Actually I think that just about everybody that goes to ALC pretty much gets a full ride in some sort or fashion. I dont think that there is actual scholarship money available to play baseball at ALC.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Clark Co. seems to have a pretty good pipeline of players to Cumberlands lately. Ryan Bennett and Josh Woods are already there. I know that coach Shelton is very high on Barker. Will Evan Bennett end up following his older brother to UC?

I heard that Bennet was wanting to go to UK but there hasn't been anyone from UK contact him yet. He is a good player and any NAIA school would benefit from having him.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:What is PC's enrollment?

Pikeville College enrollment is 800 undergraduate and 300 medical students. Since Alice Loyd has become a 4-year institution in 1980 they have averaged anywhere from 600 to 800 students, and has surpassed that on several occasions. I think last year they were around 800 as well.

Also, your comment about both of them recieving full rides is not correct either. Your tuition is guarnteed at Alice Loyd if you live in 108 certain counties in which they refer to as Central Appalachian service area. Athletic scholarship money was not an issue. This is the reason that the Dotson kid didn't go to Pikeville College. Pikeville College has reached an unbelievable $22,000 a year, and unless you get full financial aid it is hard for anybody to go there if their not on athletic scholarships, and Dotson wasn't getting a whole lot for baseball.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I heard that Bennet was wanting to go to UK but there hasn't been anyone from UK contact him yet. He is a good player and any NAIA school would benefit from having him.

Evan is a heck of a player, maybe the best hitter that I saw all of last year. His dad told me that UK was pretty much out of the question, but Morehead had shown some interest.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Evan is a heck of a player, maybe the best hitter that I saw all of last year. His dad told me that UK was pretty much out of the question, but Morehead had shown some interest.

I know it is D1 but at this point I would rather go to a NAIA contender rather than Morehead.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I know it is D1 but at this point I would rather go to a NAIA contender rather than Morehead.

Oh , I agree. Morehead had two transfers to Cumberland last year. I have heard there could be another this year. Right now I dont think that Evan can crack the starting lineup at Cumberland, as his speed is suspect. Perhaps he could next season depending on how recruiting goes or if anyone from Morehead does indeed transfer this year.
Bosox Fan Wrote:Tyler Hieneman-Greenup- Morehead

I believe that Caleb is going to Ohio Wesleyan rather than Tennessee Wesleyan.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I believe that Caleb is going to Ohio Wesleyan rather than Tennessee Wesleyan.

You may be right... I am sorry for the misinformation
Bosox Fan Wrote:Caleb Rigsby-Ashland-Tennessee Wesleyan

Caleb will be playing at Ohio Wesleyan!