•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Mountain Top 10
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:haha we aint cocky we are just confident and when we say something we know we can back it up on the field...hey this aint middle school football man its not just a game anymore its a battle, hurting people is what football is about and seeing who the bigger man is...

well buddy you will think alot about hurtin people when you or one of your best friends tears thier acl and their life that revolves around sports is ruined. thats a terrible thing to say, and i think your gonna have to pay some repercussions for that.
More Cowbell Wrote:Hurting people is what football is all about? That's funny, I thought winning is what football is all about.

That's a terrible attitude to have. You should play to win, but you should also respect your opponents on the field. Are you saying you'd be happy if you hit some player in the knee and caused him to break a bone or tear his ACL? If you or your teammates honestly have "hurting people" as your main objective, you shouldn't be allowed on the playing field. Ever.

no thats not what it's all about....and winning is not what it's all about, the main thing is to have fun win or lose it doesn't matter. No i wouldn't be happy if i done that but hey it's part of the game it's a physical sport anything can happen. But you wanna strike fear into the opponents eyes for example: if a receiver is coming across the middle you really wanna hit them hard so next time they come through there gonna worry bout getting hit instead of catching the ball
dfblackcat53 Wrote:well buddy you will think alot about hurtin people when you or one of your best friends tears thier acl and their life that revolves around sports is ruined. thats a terrible thing to say, and i think your gonna have to pay some repercussions for that.

guess what? alot of my friends have went down to that injury but you know wat they come right back as soon as the they can!
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:no they honestly couldn't that team is amazing...when we played them last yr we didnt have 1 player that could outrun 1 of there linemen i mean there nosegaurd returned the punts...and i kno Belfry could not cause the past 2 yrs our JV has beat Belfry so i know that Belfry team and as for Bell i dont see them giving them no run for there money either!

Belfry's Varsity and JV are two different worlds... you rarely see Belfry's true JV because the majority of your better Sophomores and Juniors are strictly varsity. Imagine Belfry's JV last season with their underclassmen playing ll the time who are on the varsity squad.

Belfry would not have beat Highlands last season, but they probably would have beat LCC by nearly the same margin.
i thought this was about mountain top 10...not philosophy of the LCC football player lmao
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry's Varsity and JV are two different worlds... you rarely see Belfry's true JV because the majority of your better Sophomores and Juniors are strictly varsity. Imagine Belfry's JV last season with their underclassmen playing ll the time who are on the varsity squad.

Belfry would not have beat Highlands last season, but they probably would have beat LCC by nearly the same margin.

i highly doubt that haha...
but im not saying nothing else on here untill the true mountain top 10 comes out then we will talk
I think it matters at the end of the season. i could be wrong.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:i thought this was about mountain top 10...not philosophy of the LCC football player lmao

haha..maybe he should write a book for us to study
42HaRdHiTtEr42 Wrote:i highly doubt that haha...
but im not saying nothing else on here untill the true mountain top 10 comes out then we will talk

I watched LCC more than a couple times.... Belfry would have ate their offense alive with their quick defense, and LCC was not nearly strong enough or quick enough up front to stop Belfry's running game. It's neither here nor there, but a Belfry/LCC game last season would have been reminiscant of the majority of the Belfry/Whitesburg games of the past.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I watched LCC more than a couple times.... Belfry would have ate their offense alive with their quick defense, and LCC was not nearly strong enough or quick enough up front to stop Belfry's running game. It's neither here nor there, but a Belfry/LCC game last season would have been reminiscant of the majority of the Belfry/Whitesburg games of the past.

hey who knows they may have beat us its a 50 50 chance either way you look at it...but this year LCC is so strong and so fast its amazing how much a difference there is between this years team and last years....hey man this aint Whitesburg
Get the thread back on-topic!

Anymore off-topic posts will be deleted!
I have a question for everyone. Who do you think might actually sneak into the preseason top 10 who hasn't been mentioned or has been mentioned but not much?
Not muck speak about Pikeville. Hey aren`t they always competitive!!! They might sneak in there. Don`t know what was lost or gained but just maybe. And no one is talking about HCC. Word is there is no season prior to base anything off. But i lokked at all 3 teams schedules last yr and Cumberland was very good evn played close or beat teams on LCC`s Roster. The other 2 teams however had a rough season.
bac2369 Wrote:I have a question for everyone. Who do you think might actually sneak into the preseason top 10 who hasn't been mentioned or has been mentioned but not much?

Pulaski County - This team returns 15 overall starters.
Anytime a team has got that many coming back its very positive. I gotta see their schedule now.
Hilbily Wrote:Anytime a team has got that many coming back its very positive. I gotta see their schedule now.

Here is their schedule...
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=
No wade through the creek there. Very honest shedule. Guess we`ll see if they can get over that first big test and go from there.
Hilbily Wrote:No wade through the creek there. Very honest shedule. Guess we`ll see if they can get over that first big test and go from there.

I'm already really high on Pulaski because of the way they turned that program around in 1 year. '06 they only won 2 games and in '07 they won 10 including wins over Somerset, South Laurel (twice), and Mercer County.
Pulaski in my opinion will be in the mountain top 10 but i dont know where. Pikeville is a team that very possible could top in there at # 10. Pikeville lost a lot of talent off last years team but i still look for them to do real well.
Well im definatley gonna keep an eye on Pulaski now. If Pikeville can operate in a manner of resilence like i know they can then yeah both teams have probability of 9-10. They have never had a shortage of good athletes. And though this thresd has brought the tension scale to richter, rankings are just numbers anyway. Speaking of richter we had 5.6 qauke today 65 miles north.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:i thought this was about mountain top 10...not philosophy of the LCC football player lmao

Smile Smile Smile
Sorry i tend to rant. This Highscool footballl is to dogone emotional. The teams out in cali are not the same fans included.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the record:
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Breathitt County
4. Johnson Central
5. Letcher Central
6. Hazard
7. Pburg
8. Corbin
9. Rockcastle County
10. South Laurel

Hazard will not be that low in the top ten they will be in the 3rd or 4th spot
Remember Middlesboro returns Hunter Adams who has 7 Div 1 schools after him hot and heavy. Also Freshman QB Chase Roark will be startin QB this year with Hunter at RB /WR. Dalin Farr who is back that left 2 years ago, if anybody ever remembered a #34 kid from Middlesboro that could catch anything you threw to him hes back. Chase Roark is also Head Coach Roarks son! The kid has a arm! Middlesboro also has a new Defensive Cordinator that came from Bell Co a few years back in Brian Crawford!

My Top 10 :
1.Belfry
2.Prestonsburg
3.Bell Co
4.Hazard
5.Pikeville
6.Middlesboro
7.Corbin
8.Breathitt Co
9.Johnson Central
10.South Laurel
Here is what Middlesboro has coming back. On offense they have these players as follows. 8 out of 11 started last year, counting Dalin Farr he started 2 years ago and left Middlesboro and came back, so he counts as a starter because he has the experience and will start again this year.

QB/S Chase Roark 6'2" 180lbs Freshman
RB/LB Hunter Adams 6'0" 186lbs Senior Started 07,06,05
RB/LB Cody Foister 6'0" 180lbs Junior
WR/DB Matt Powers 6'4" 190lbs Junior Started 07,06
WR/DB Dalin Farr 6'1" 180lbs Senior Started 06,05
WR/DB Eddie Gilbert 5'10" 165lbs Senior Started 07,06,05
C/NG Devon Akers 6'1" 240lbs Sophmore
OL/DL Kenny Robertson 6'1" 280lbs Senior Started 07,06
OL/DL Jonathan Strunk 6'2" 285lbs Senior Started 07,06
OL/DL Jeffrey Poe 6'1" 275lbs Junior Started 07
OL/DL Bobby Partin 6'0" 250lbs Senior Started 07,06,05

Middlesboro returns alot and I mean alot of talent and experience, with a experienced QB this year, something we didnt have last year...
Hilbily Wrote:Not muck speak about Pikeville. Hey aren`t they always competitive!!! They might sneak in there. Don`t know what was lost or gained but just maybe. And no one is talking about HCC. Word is there is no season prior to base anything off. But i lokked at all 3 teams schedules last yr and Cumberland was very good evn played close or beat teams on LCC`s Roster. The other 2 teams however had a rough season.

Thanks for the shout out about the Black Bears, Hilbily. I'm surprised no one has mentioned them on here seems like we always have an opinion about our new team. I posted this someplace else but can't remember where-Our first game will be against Letcher Central which could go either way with the emotions that come with being our first game, but our 5th game will show where we are at as a team we play Breathitt County here in Harlan County so we will have that going for us plus it will be our first home game so once again emotions may take us up a notch. We may need to revisit this thread come mid season!
Jackets08 Wrote:Here is what Middlesboro has coming back. On offense they have these players as follows. 8 out of 11 started last year, counting Dalin Farr he started 2 years ago and left Middlesboro and came back, so he counts as a starter because he has the experience and will start again this year.

QB/S Chase Roark 6'2" 180lbs Freshman
RB/LB Hunter Adams 6'0" 186lbs Senior Started 07,06,05
RB/LB Cody Foister 6'0" 180lbs Junior
WR/DB Matt Powers 6'4" 190lbs Junior Started 07,06
WR/DB Dalin Farr 6'1" 180lbs Senior Started 06,05
WR/DB Eddie Gilbert 5'10" 165lbs Senior Started 07,06,05
C/NG Devon Akers 6'1" 240lbs Sophmore
OL/DL Kenny Robertson 6'1" 280lbs Senior Started 07,06
OL/DL Jonathan Strunk 6'2" 285lbs Senior Started 07,06
OL/DL Jeffrey Poe 6'1" 275lbs Junior Started 07
OL/DL Bobby Partin 6'0" 250lbs Senior Started 07,06,05

Middlesboro returns alot and I mean alot of talent and experience, with a experienced QB this year, something we didnt have last year...

Wasn't Hunter Adams a pretty good QB? I thought I read someplace about UK looking at him, maybe the place I read about Clay Countys QB.
HHS53 Wrote:Hazard will not be that low in the top ten they will be in the 3rd or 4th spot

Based on records and WYMT bias..yes...

My rankings reflect the fact that I just can't see them being better than the teams before them.
Hunter Adams was a great QB but not with experience. Hunter is more of a RB and WR than QB. Hunter rushed for over 1,000 yards last season as a QB. Hunter has been offered by UK a scholly at the Safety position. Coach Roarks son is suppose to be one of the best QB's to ever come through Middlesboro. Thats why hes gettin to start as a Freshman...
I can't find anything where Adams has been offered by Ky. His dad being Joker's good friend, it might be an under the table offer. That being said, thats great for the kid if true. On the other side, the kid is a good high school player and his skill level is more suited for D-2 or NAIA.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next