•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Mountain Top 10
I think Pulaski County should get in anywhere from 4-7 IMO.
fan first Wrote:I can't find anything where Adams has been offered by Ky. His dad being Joker's good friend, it might be an under the table offer. That being said, thats great for the kid if true. On the other side, the kid is a good high school player and his skill level is more suited for D-2 or NAIA.

Its pretty much a under the table offer. Either way he still has Louisville, Purdue, Illinois, and Vandy after him.
I don't mean to be Mr. Negativity but if Hunter does in fact have an "under the table" offer he better be putting it on the table FAST!

UK only has a handful of open scholarships left to fill.. and you can bet your bottom dollar that one is reserved for either Newton or Mossakowski at QB, one is for Deuce Finch at RB, one is for Ridge Wilson at LB, one is for Tristian Johnson at DE, one is for Sam Simpson at C. All these plaers have offers on the table and project higher on UK's board then Adams.

Until UL, Purdue, Illinois and Vandy offer they may be interested in him, but they are far from "pursuing him"
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Based on records and WYMT bias..yes...

My rankings reflect the fact that I just can't see them being better than the teams before them.

Who is teams that are better than Hazard? I can think of belfry and bell. Who are some more that you think is better than Hazard.
bac2369 Wrote:Who is teams that are better than Hazard? I can think of belfry and bell. Who are some more that you think is better than Hazard.

Johnson Central
Breathitt
Letcher Central

I am by no means calling Hazard overrated... but having seen all three of these teams late in the season last year, coupled with what they return I feel these are better teams (as well they should be considering it is a 3A and two 5A schools)
I think Hazard deserves to be mentioned right there.

BUT... watch out for Pulaski County folks.
Hazard destroyed LCC in the first game last season. Johnson Central is on the schedule for Hazard so we can tell when that game is played. If Johnson Central beats Breathitt and Hazard beats Johnson Central then that shows they are better than both. Pulaski County right now i believe is better than all three of the teams mentioned but i really think they are equal with Johnson Central.( My Opinion though)
Went to visit the family in Jackson and saw the Breathitt Bobcats practice...They have more athletes and are in better shape as compared to last years team. The Bobcats are going to be tough from what I saw.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Letcher County Central
4. Prestonsburg
5. Hazard
6. Johnson Central
7. Corbin
8. Breathitt County
9. Harlan County (They just got here, we know they will be good but as of now just not how good)
10. Clay County
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard destroyed LCC in the first game last season. Johnson Central is on the schedule for Hazard so we can tell when that game is played. If Johnson Central beats Breathitt and Hazard beats Johnson Central then that shows they are better than both. Pulaski County right now i believe is better than all three of the teams mentioned but i really think they are equal with Johnson Central.( My Opinion though)

Everything is opinion when it comes to rankings....

As for Hazrad/LCC last year in th 1st game... things change from the start of the season until the end. Hazard also killed LCA 41-21..but I think we all know what happened later.
Yes i agree but everyone was healthy then. The playoff game had senior linebacker Bart Teague set out with back spasms. Once they seen Teague wasnt play they exploited the weakness and the game went down hill. Plus they also exploited the weakness at corner back last year cause Brandon Burnette eat the corner up all night long. I can say this LCA was the better team that night. Hazard made costly turnovers that costed them big time. The defensive showed 2 or 3 times they should stop them but the offense choked.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't mean to be Mr. Negativity but if Hunter does in fact have an "under the table" offer he better be putting it on the table FAST!

UK only has a handful of open scholarships left to fill.. and you can bet your bottom dollar that one is reserved for either Newton or Mossakowski at QB, one is for Deuce Finch at RB, one is for Ridge Wilson at LB, one is for Tristian Johnson at DE, one is for Sam Simpson at C. All these plaers have offers on the table and project higher on UK's board then Adams.

Until UL, Purdue, Illinois and Vandy offer they may be interested in him, but they are far from "pursuing him"

I guess we will just see, being around the Middlesboro football program for a long time. All this same stuff happened when Durrell White went to UK on how people said he would have to hurry or wouldnt sign. Durrell was a 4 year starter for UK.
LCC game against Hazard last year was a tale of two half.We played much better 2nd half. Opening kickoff we fumbled. "Hazard scored." We ran the ball all the way down to bulldog side, and fumble the ball. "Hazard scored" Turnovers killed us. We had seven to's which lead to 4 td's for hazard.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Letcher County Central
4. Prestonsburg
5. Hazard
6. Johnson Central
7. Corbin
8. Breathitt County
9. Harlan County (They just got here, we know they will be good but as of now just not how good)
10. Clay County
This looks like a solid top ten, but I would make a few changes.
1. Bell Co.
2. Belfry
3. P-burg
4. Breathitt Co.
5. Corbin
6. Letcher Co.
7. Hazard
8. Johnson Central
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Tie- Harlan Co/Knox Central
Bell Co #1 i doubt it. Belfry and Prestonsburg has had there number for years everytime they play Bell Co. Last year out of 11 teams 2 had winning records that Bell Co played. Very Very weak scheduling by Bell Co no wonder Dudley gets 300 victories. Just think if Bells almighty at football play a great schedule and show that you are instead of playing 2-8 teams every week and beat them 70-0 with Varsity in the whole game.Rolleyes
RedSeal Wrote:Id say P-Burg or Bell should be at the top spot! IM gonna to go ahead and predict P-Burg wins the 2A State Championship!

Disagree...
Jackets08 Wrote:Bell Co #1 i doubt it. Belfry and Prestonsburg has had there number for years everytime they play Bell Co. Last year out of 11 teams 2 had winning records that Bell Co played. Very Very weak scheduling by Bell Co no wonder Dudley gets 300 victories. Just think if Bells almighty at football play a great schedule and show that you are instead of playing 2-8 teams every week and beat them 70-0 with Varsity in the whole game.Rolleyes
Do what? In the last 10 years Bell County has played P-Burg 1 time and Belfry 1 time. Yes Bell lost both games but to have said have had their number for years? Bell does have Middlesboro's number and you could say had there number for years.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Do what? In the last 10 years Bell County has played P-Burg 1 time and Belfry 1 time. Yes Bell lost both games but to have said have had their number for years? Bell does have Middlesboro's number and you could say had there number for years.
Should get a descent idea in the first couple weeks on who needs to be up in the ranking early, but it really does not matter as far as the playoffs are concerned, that is when the teams need to be playing their best ball.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

bac2369 Wrote:I want to apologize for the comment about Grayson County being the # 9 ranked team in Virgina. I can not find any information on them at all. So if anyone can help me please do so.

I don't recall ever seeing them ranked 9th in any AP polls, but they were 10th in the power point ratings (for playoff ranking) for Class A Div. 2. Grayson Co. went 8-2 last season and then lost in the first round of the playoffs (Group A Div. 2 Region semis) to George Wythe, 50-8, (GW lost to Gate City in the next round). They usually do well in their district (Grayson is a bit of a "big fish in a small pond"), and then bow out quickly in the playoffs. Not sure as to what they return, but if I see a preview or something I'll pass it along.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Disagree...

Prestonsburg has a really good chance at going to Papa John's this season. DeSales, Corbin, and Newport Central Catholic were all hit by graduation very hard. I don't know if they'll be able to defeat Danville or Ft. Campbell in the state championship because those two are going to be very good this season.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Do what? In the last 10 years Bell County has played P-Burg 1 time and Belfry 1 time. Yes Bell lost both games but to have said have had their number for years? Bell does have Middlesboro's number and you could say had there number for years.

We see you know nothing about Bell Co football. Bell Co lost to Prestonsburg back in 2001 at a Bowl game in Hazard and then about 2 or 3 years ago at Prestonsburg.

Also Middlesboro leads the series against Bell by 25 games, so it would take 25 years for Bell Co to even get even with Middlesboro.
Prestonsburg 25
Bell Co 16

Prestonsburg 27
Bell Co 24
Got bored, so I took everyones Mountain Top 10 and added them up and this is what it come out to be...

1.)Belfry
2.)Hazard
3.)Bell County/Prestonsburg
5.)Breathitt County/Johnson Central
7.)Letcher County Central
8.)Rockcastle County
9.)Corbin
10.)Pulaski County/Clay County
That seems to be an pretty accurate poll. But we all know Hazard isnt going to be # 2 they will range from 3-5.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Got bored, so I took everyones Mountain Top 10 and added them up and this is what it come out to be...

1.)Belfry
2.)Hazard
3.)Bell County/Prestonsburg
5.)Breathitt County/Johnson Central
7.)Letcher County Central
8.)Rockcastle County
9.)Corbin
10.)Pulaski County/Clay County
Johnson Central plays three teams in your top five.
Call Me The Breeze Wrote:Johnson Central plays three teams in your top five.

Its not my top 10, I just took everyones and added them up and that was the outcome.

Yeah, Johnson Central has one of the toughest schedules in the state and hopefully it will payoff in the playoffs.
1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Hazard
4. Prestonsburg
5. Letcher Central
6. Corbin
7. Pulaski County
8. Johnson Central
9. Harlan County
10. Pikeville

I don't have Breathitt County in their because they lose a lot of players from last years team.

Rockcastle will have a new coach.

Clay they only have a QB.

The team to look out for is Williamsburg!
lowrier_25 Wrote:1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Hazard
4. Prestonsburg
5. Letcher Central
6. Corbin
7. Pulaski County
8. Johnson Central
9. Harlan County
10. Pikeville

I don't have Breathitt County in their because they lose a lot of players from last years team.

Rockcastle will have a new coach.

Clay they only have a QB.

The team to look out for is Williamsburg!

I dont think i would count Breathitt out just yet.
Noway Rockcastle should be rated higher then Knox central .
Why is everybody so high on Clay Co and Letcher Co Central? Middlesboro went to Clay last year and beat them with a so so team in 07? This year the Boro gets Clay at Home with a better team in 08. No one is giving Middlesboro no credit whatsoever. I would have Breathitt Co above Harlan Co, Clay Co, and Letcher Central. The same ole teams thats always in it year after year will be the same ones again after the season starts and everything sorts itself out.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next