Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Golfer in Eastern KY?
I know Dagan Abdon from Greenup won the region his 8th grade year who else is good
Matt Baker from LCC is pretty good.
Yea Matt Baker is pretty good from LCC!
RedSeal Wrote:Yea Matt Baker is pretty good from LCC!

How old is he?
Im pretty sure he is 16, he lives a few blocks from me and I seen him drivin the other day.
Jo Whitaker-Johnson Central
Have to agree with PUPAW on this one. But, Remember this name....Tanner Carroll. Will be an 8th grader this season and has been on the Paintsville Varsity sinse he was in the 6th grade. Is one Heck of a golfer for his age.
Not really sure about which young golfer around the area is the best....I do really think that some golfers can play their home course better than others....

Tanner Carroll will be entering the 8th grade this year and has played in the Regional golf tournament since the 6th grade....He's playing some summer golf around the area and state....He's playing in the Musselman-Dunne Junior Tour ages 12-13 and the East Kentucky Junior Golf Association grades 7-9...
After 3 tournaments on the EKJGA he's leading his division....He's won one of the events held at Riverbend in Greenup Co. shot a 76 (+6) and finished second (Sanyd creek in Boyd Co. (77) and third at Stonecrest (80)....
In the Musselman Dunne, his last two events he's finished 6th and 5th respectively...Those events were held in Louisville's Quail Chase Golf Club he shot 80 (+8) and at Gibson Bay Golf Course in Richmond he shot 77 (+5)...
You can check these websites for up to date tournaments, scores and players....
www.ekjga.org
www.kjgf.com
diamondthehacker Wrote:Not really sure about which young golfer around the area is the best....I do really think that some golfers can play their home course better than others....

Tanner Carroll will be entering the 8th grade this year and has played in the Regional golf tournament since the 6th grade....He's playing some summer golf around the area and state....He's playing in the Musselman-Dunne Junior Tour ages 12-13 and the East Kentucky Junior Golf Association grades 7-9...
After 3 tournaments on the EKJGA he's leading his division....He's won one of the events held at Riverbend in Greenup Co. shot a 76 (+6) and finished second (Sanyd creek in Boyd Co. (77) and third at Stonecrest (80)....
In the Musselman Dunne, his last two events he's finished 6th and 5th respectively...Those events were held in Louisville's Quail Chase Golf Club he shot 80 (+8) and at Gibson Bay Golf Course in Richmond he shot 77 (+5)...
You can check these websites for up to date tournaments, scores and players....
www.ekjga.org
www.kjgf.com

Thanks for the info.
Jo Whitaker
I heard P-burgs #1 Storm Roop and #2 Craig Cooley have been practicing a lot and should be able to get them to at least second in the 15th region.
i played with craig and storm from p burg they looked pretty good but brad hampton was there too and he looks like he could compete with jo whitaker for the individual title in region this year and will be the #1 for p burg.
Tanner Carroll, I talked to him on the phone yesturday. He told me Jo Whitaker, shot a 75 yesturday at the pro-am thing at Paintsville. He told me he could have shot with him, about 3 or 4 strokes behind him. But the kids main sport is baseball. Unfortunalty he didnt play because he wanted to practice golf. He Paintsvilles' next big pitcher.
What about Katy Humphrey?
abnerdday Wrote:What about Katy Humphrey?

She is one of the better Lady Golfers.
im going to give my vote to Casey Castle from Pikeville

15th Region Champs 2007!
Jo Whitaker!
You all left out Mac Fain, JP Newsome, and Jordan Bell all very good golfers.
[U][U][U][U][COLOR="Green"]Jo Whitaker[/COLOR][/U][/U][/U][/U]
Pikeville High, has 4 players back from last years team. Right now, their lineup is;
1. Casey Castle
2. Mac Fain
3. J.P. Newsome
4. Will Branham
5. Don Combs/ Clay Schmoldt
Casey Castle can play with anyone in the state. He was co-champion of the Pepsi Junior Golf Tours, Gatorade Masters Division, this summer. This tour plays the championship tees. I have seen him play and he is very good. If you look at the Pepsi website you'll see the following scores and finishes;
Charlie Vettner (Louisville) 80 2nd
Lakeside ( Lexington) 77 1st
My Old Ky.Home ( Bardstown) 76 2nd
Polo Fields ( Louisville) 77 2nd
Cherry Blossom (Georgetown) 73 2nd
Kearney Hills (Lexington) 72 1st
This is an impressive body of work, on some very tough golf courses.
fairwayking Wrote:Casey Castle can play with anyone in the state. He was co-champion of the Pepsi Junior Golf Tours, Gatorade Masters Division, this summer. This tour plays the championship tees. I have seen him play and he is very good. If you look at the Pepsi website you'll see the following scores and finishes;
Charlie Vettner (Louisville) 80 2nd
Lakeside ( Lexington) 77 1st
My Old Ky.Home ( Bardstown) 76 2nd
Polo Fields ( Louisville) 77 2nd
Cherry Blossom (Georgetown) 73 2nd
Kearney Hills (Lexington) 72 1st
This is an impressive body of work, on some very tough golf courses.
80, 77, 76, and 77 wouldn't even place in most of the top notch high school golf tournaments. 69 will win as an individual at Lakeside this year.
This tour played the chamoionship tees. Not the regular men's tees. So I think those are pretty good scores.
Jo Whitaker
Castle from Pikeville is solid! I heard their top 4 average around 75. I think they placed pretty good in that tournament in Louisville (5th?) which is a tough course and had some really good competition.

Whitaker from JC is another consistent player. He shot 84 at the Prestonsburg Invitational but nobody really put up any good scores. That Newsome kid from Pikeville shot 74.

Will Branham from Pikeville is good and he's only a freshman. He'll be one of the top 5 players in the state when he's a senior.
Beau Mosley is tough also.
Castle finished 2nd at Madison central and will probably win all a state this weekend
Overrated Wrote:Beau Mosley is tough also.

I seen him shoot a 108 at Allen golf course about 2 weeks ago.
fairwayking Wrote:Pikeville High, has 4 players back from last years team. Right now, their lineup is;
1. Casey Castle
2. Mac Fain
3. J.P. Newsome
4. Will Branham

Nice post, but Clay hasn't been to practice in a few weeks
fairwayking Wrote:Pikeville High, has 4 players back from last years team. Right now, their lineup is;
1. Casey Castle
2. Mac Fain
3. J.P. Newsome
4. Will Branham

you forgot austin billiter