Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Carlin- RIP
Please post your favorite Carlin rants here in memory of the funniest man in America for the last 40 years.
[YOUTUBE="Carlin on Death"]3PiZSFIVFiU[/YOUTUBE]
Carlin's "The Seven Dirty Words" and "America's Double Standard"... Carlin at his pushing the envelope best.
I liked everything the man did and stood for, he was and will remain my favorite comedian of all time. The thing I liked best about him was his view on religion. He made people think and question things instead of just taking someones word for it and believing in things we are told before we have a chance to study it ourselves. He was and will always be THE MAN!!!! RIP George.
I watched one of his standup's on HBO and he was hilarious. RIP George you will always be missed.
Great Comedian.
Legend. R.I.P.
Im not sure how to put it on here but my favorite was when he talked about the differences between baseball and football.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im not sure how to put it on here but my favorite was when he talked about the differences between baseball and football.

[YOUTUBE="FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL"]YphEUa5LPjM[/YOUTUBE]
I thought he was crude and vulgar on many occasions; however, he was funny when he did the differences in baseball and football.
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:I thought he was crude and vulgar on many occasions; however, he was funny when he did the differences in baseball and football.
There is nothing wrong with being Crude and Vulgar.

It's a matter of personal taste.

When Carlin started out he was not crude or vulgar at all. His life's body of work is much more than just the few routines that you may have encountered.
DevilsWin Wrote:There is nothing wrong with being Crude and Vulgar.

It's a matter of personal taste.

When Carlin started out he was not crude or vulgar at all. His life's body of work is much more than just the few routines that you may have encountered.

Can you not read? I said, "I thought he was crude and vulgar..."

If you do not, then that's fine man. I happen to find it distasteful when comedians have to lower themselves to vulgarity and sexuality in order to try and be funny.

And I know about George Carlin. I have heard him many times, read about him, and seen him on televison. I haven't just encountered a few routines as you suggest. I thought some of his stuff was funny. I just didn't happen to think it was when he let himself go to the depths of vulgarity to try and be funny.
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:Can you not read? I said, "I thought he was crude and vulgar..."

If you do not, then that's fine man. I happen to find it distasteful when comedians have to lower themselves to vulgarity and sexuality in order to try and be funny.

And I know about George Carlin. I have heard him many times, read about him, and seen him on televison. I haven't just encountered a few routines as you suggest. I thought some of his stuff was funny. I just didn't happen to think it was when he let himself go to the depths of vulgarity to try and be funny.
He didn't have to, he just did.

Probably just to make you mad!

Looks like it worked. LOL
DevilsWin Wrote:He didn't have to, he just did.

Probably just to make you mad!

Looks like it worked. LOL

Where do you get this stuff from? He did it just to make me mad. I'm sure he thoroughly spent his time researching and studying what would make me mad. Then he got up on stage and did it just to get at one person.

No! Your logic is hilarious though. It's a personal preference man. I don't prefer vulgarity and profanity. I don't think you have to result to that to be funny. It doesn't make me mad, but merely makes me sad that it has come to that to make someone laugh. And not only that, but then people laugh hysterically. It's like a child who is so full of curiosity that he smiles even though he knows what he may be doing is wrong.

As for George Carlin, I did admire some of his humor. I don't hate the man. I wish he will rest in peace - of course, that accounts to what the truth is about God and whether he was right with God. I hope he was, according to what I believe, but it is not my place to judge where he is. I can only give account for his life that he lived here. I admired some things he did, and some things he did turned me away. That's the way it is with most people. We're all full of mistakes.