Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Football Recruiting for '09
What a class this is already shaping up to be. Most of our commits so far are from the state of Kentucky, which is loaded with D1 prospects this season, especially the Louisville area.

Some in-state players I'd like to see goto Kentucky are St. Xavier tailback, Deuce Finch and Central's standout linebacker Ridge Wilson.

Commit list so far *UPDATED as of 9/4/08...
Kentucky is starting to turn the tide back in their direction as far as in-state recruiting goes.
Looks good so far. Like to see some more 3 or more star recruits. I also love the fact that they are starting to get some of the good players in Kentucky and they are not going to Louisville.
Hopefully we can get a good QB.
RavenBoy Wrote:Hopefully we can get a good QB.

I don't think that Brooks will go for a quarterback for the '09 class, maybe '10 class because we have two solid quarterbacks in Pulley & Hartline.

Kentucky also adds another player to the commit list...
http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect...._key=77266
I agree that he wont get a qb untill 2010 but I hope he gets a good one. But if there is a good one in the 2009 class that he can get I hope he gets him. I hope we get some good wr in this class.
The city of Louisville always puts out alot of good players, and it's nice to see that U of L isn't snatching up all of them.

Good job by the coaches to convince those guys to snub the Cards and head east on I-64!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like what I see as for as in state talent staying. LBs appear alittle lite though. But, I guess that can be fixed though.
Kentucky's newest commit, Anthony Kendrick is rated highest of the commits so far according to Scout.com. Kendrick is a WR/TE and is from D1 rich state of Texas.

Rivals.com Profile...
http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect...._key=77062

Scout.com Profile...
http://kentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=48&p=9&c...2215&fhn=1
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky's newest commit, Anthony Kendrick is rated highest of the commits so far according to Scout.com. Kendrick is a WR/TE and is from D1 rich state of Texas.

Rivals.com Profile...
http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect...._key=77062

Scout.com Profile...
http://kentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=48&p=9&c...2215&fhn=1

Looks like a good player. Keep them coming Coach Brooks. Keep the info coming BlackcatAlum when you find new things out.
Cats land another LaGrange, GA star in DE Tristian Johnson.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect...._key=84156
My biggest in state get for UK right now would have to be Sam Simpson out of Henry Clay. #2 center in the nation. Can't do nothing without a good o-line.

Biggest out of state get would have to be Morgan Newton out of Carmel, IN. would be the biggest recruit at UK in a long time. With UF just picking up a couple QB commits, UK has a very good chance at him. Could be the best QB in the SEC while he is here, especially under J. Phillips and company. J Lo's records could go down.
Beetle01 Wrote:My biggest in state get for UK right now would have to be Sam Simpson out of Henry Clay. #2 center in the nation. Can't do nothing without a good o-line.

Biggest out of state get would have to be Morgan Newton out of Carmel, IN. would be the biggest recruit at UK in a long time. With UF just picking up a couple QB commits, UK has a very good chance at him. Could be the best QB in the SEC while he is here, especially under J. Phillips and company. J Lo's records could go down.

I'd rather have Ryan Mossakowski from Texas. He is the 5th rated quarterback and has the 2nd strongest arm of all the quarterbacks according to Rivals.com. Morgan Newton would be a good second choice for me, JMO.
According to Rivals ratings Ryan Mossacowski would be a better get at the QB position, he is the #5 overall QB and the #2 Strong Armed QB.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd rather have Ryan Mossakowski from Texas. He is the 5th rated quarterback and has the 2nd strongest arm of all the quarterbacks according to Rivals.com. Morgan Newton would be a good second choice for me, JMO.

IMO either one would be good to get. I just hope we get one or both of these.
Looks like a great class so far, it will only get better with Coach Brooks working as hard as he does.
Kentucky recieves new commitment from Frisco, Texas native Ryan Mossakowski. Ryan is rated as the 5th best quarterback in the class of '09 according to Rivals.com.
UK's focus now shifts on the following players whom i feel they have a very good shot at and will be on their final lists. All of these guys are 3 or 4 Star Recruits:

High 3* C Sam Simpson- 4 Star Type of talent, possibly best player at his position in the nation, hometown boy, legacy, and the perfect kid to get the ball back to Mossakowski

High Priority-
3* RB Deuce Finch- Home State boy, position we need depth for the future, stick a knife in UL's heart in the process
High 3* ATH David Sims- Probably the most sought after talent that we have a good chance with, projects either at much needed RB or at DB

High 3* WR Jaz Reynolds- Work that Texas connection, probably the top WR that we have a very good chance of landing, love the fact he seems to be recruiting himself

3* LB Ridge Wilson- Homegrown, continue the Central pipeline, LB or DE
4* LB Larvez Mars- 4 Star, still high on Cats, Florida recruit
3* LB Justin Isadore- Love those Texas prospects, IMO the most talented LB we have a legit chance of landing

4* DE David Gilbert- 4 Star DE that we are in his latest cut, UL wants him bad too
3* DE Julius Forte- 3 Star DE, love getting Florida players, we are in his Top 5
Morgan Newton is still high on UK. Stating that Mossakowski's commitment was not a threat, because you have to compete for the Job at any school. If both were to commit, UK would be ahuge threat to win the SEC in a couple of years. I think a 2 QB system would flourish under the coaching staff UK has in place. Its too bad Pulley couldn't find a better crown to hang with, or we might have seen some of that this year.
Kentucky receives a new commitment today from Carmel, Indiana quarterback Morgan Newton.

Newton is a 3-star on Rivals.com and a 5-star on Scout.com.

Newton chooses Kentucky over Clemson, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, and South Carolina.

Rivals profile...
http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect...._key=69960

Scout Profile...
http://kentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=48&p=8&c=1&nid=3230202
Kentucky receives another commitment, this time coming from a South Carolina Athlete, David Sims.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect...._key=75494
I'm sure everyone here could go on and on about the job Rich Brooks has done since being named Head Coach of the University of Kentucky football program a few years ago. Still, even now, what he has done, and IS doing, just amazes me how he has turned the proverbial corner. UK recently (yesterday actually) signed a 3-star (per Rivals.com) athlete from South Carolina, David Sims. UK beat out the likes of Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, Albama, and Kansas for this kid. After hearing of this, I got to looking at the class as a whole for next year, and what a class it's shaping up to be (all rankings are from Rivals.com; 1st ranking is ranking in respected state, and 2nd ranking in national ranking at specific position):

**** Ryan Mossalowski (QB), Centennial HS, Frisco, Texas:
(#13 in Texas/#2 Pro-Style Quarterback)

*** Morgan Newton (QB), Carmel HS, Carmel, Indiana:
(#2 in Indiana/#9 Pro-Style Quarterback)

*** David Sims (ATH), Calhoun County HS, St. Matthews, South Carolina:
(#15 in South Carolina/#35 Athlete)

*** Qua Huzzie (OLB), La Grange HS, La Grange, Georgia:
(#41 in Georgia/#40 Outside Linebacker)

*** Justin Jones (TE), Heritage HS, Conyers, Georgia:
(#63 in Georgia/#37 Tight End)

*** Anthony Kendrick (TE), Seven Lakes HS, Katy, Texas:
(#29 Tight End)

*** Sam Simpson ©, Henry Clay HS, Lexington, Kentucky:
(#5 in Kentucky/#9 Center)

*** Jarvis Walker (OLB), Rummel HS, Metarie, Louisiana:
(#20 in Louisiana/#41 Outside Linebacker)

*** Larry Warford (OG), Madison Central HS, Richmond, Kentucky:
(#4 in Kentucky/#29 Offensive Guard)

*** Tristian Johnson (DE), La Grange HS, La Grange, Georgia:
(#74 in Georgia/#53 Weakside Defensive End)

*** LaRod King (WR), North Hardin HS, Radcliff, Kentucky:
(#9 in Kentucky)

*** Myron Walker (DT), Rummel HS, Metarie, Louisiana:
(#33 in Louisiana)

*** Ridge Wilson (OLB), Central HS, Louisville, Kentucky:
(#7 in Kentucky/#66 Outisde Linebacker)

** Brian Adams (ATH), South Forsyth HS, Cumming, Georgia:
(#90 in Georgia)

** Jordan Aumiller (TE), Boyle County HS, Danville, Kentucky:

** Mister Cobble (DT), Central HS, Louisville, Kentucky:

** Kevin Mitchell (OT), Alexander HS, Douglasville, Georgia:

Also, accoridng to the Kentucky Top 10 on Rivals.com, 7 players have committed to schools, 2 of which chose Ohio State. The other 5.....KENTUCKY! Brooks is grabbing some of the Bluegrass's top talent, as well as finding some of the top talent in other states, particularly the south. The future keeps getting brighter and brighter for football in Lexington.
Awesome.