Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little League All Star Tournament at Paintsville!
some1 im not mentioning no names don everythinghe could do to help belfry advance

PHS95 Wrote:They sure didn't want Belfry in there either.... Phelps won their games and, if not for a poor decision in the Whitesburg game, would have come out of their pool! The rules were set before the tournament... I feel bad for the kids.... they played their hearts out!
Sweetheart, you're being naive to believe that ANYone in Paintsville wanted Belfry to advance.... Do the math yourself! Phelps gave up 11 runs in 17 innings, Belfry gave up 12 in 19. Belfry's runs per inning average was a shade lower. NO ONE can fudge that, everyone saw the scores.

I feel bad for the Phelps kids, but their coach blew it against Whitesburg.... without that, they would have come out of their pool or won on run differential hands down.... don't blame anyone in the press-box.
Anyone know anything about the 13/14 year old division....
oldtiminladycat Wrote:Anyone know anything about the 13/14 year old division....

Not sure about those games.... There is another thread concerning the Jr. league..... I will post though if I find anything out!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
HAP beat Whitesburg (19-2) and Prestonsburg beat Beaver Creek (16-2) in the 13-14 year olds.
Anybody hear anyhting about the 11's in other districts?
I know Belfry made it to state but how about other districts, any websites for the updates also..
Like to see the Belfry team before state.
Let me know, this is just the 11's
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Man it just seems that its not the same anymore i mean these tour. use to be like war and i just seems that every year the pitching is getting more slow there are a lot more ER's i mean is it just me or what i mean i just seems that the kids dont care and rather spend there summer on the X-Box or PS3
PHS95 Wrote:Yes, it goes by runs. I am pretty sure that Phelps giving up two runs puts Belfry in that other spot. If they had only given up one, I think they would have gone. We'll let someone else double check my math, though!

It does go by runs allowed but it is an average of runs per inning I believe. They do that in case one team plays more innings than another. If 1 team plays 18 innings in 3 games and another team only plays 12 innings, that is why it's an average of runs per inning. So, in other words....get out the calculators. I hadn't used that algebra since high school but we were able to figure out exactly what was needed for us to win. Luckily we didn't have to resort to a tie-breaker because we (Russell-Flatwoods) won the district championship game.
GO BIG BLUE23 Wrote:Man it just seems that its not the same anymore i mean these tour. use to be like war and i just seems that every year the pitching is getting more slow there are a lot more ER's i mean is it just me or what i mean i just seems that the kids dont care and rather spend there summer on the X-Box or PS3

No offense but could you use punctuation is your threads. I honestly would like to read what you have to say but I just can't understand your posts w/o punctuation. Thanks.
when any1 hears about the belfry game plz post the results
Morgan Co. won 7-6 in 9th inning.

Gooooood game, wish Belfry won.
Belfry 6
Morgan County 7

One of the BEST little league games I believe I have EVER seen!!! Both teams played their hearts out! 9 innings with the starting pitcher for Belfry pitching the first 7 of them. Outstanding ball playing is all I can say ----- By BOTH teams!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Yeah was a great game, one inning like the seventh or something Morgan had a runner on 3rd and 0 out. Belfry went to intentionaly walk a kid, Morgan also had runner on first. One of the pitches went wild and the kid tried to steal home and got caught out. Action like that the entire contest.
Belfry scored a run in the top of the ninth to take a one run lead. #44 for Mogan, cant remember his name right now, but a great hitter. Hit a homer with a runner on first and two outs and two strikes.
Both teams played great, was just a fun game to watch, and both fans and players I felt appreciated what they saw from both teams.
UKCAT5FAN Wrote:It does go by runs allowed but it is an average of runs per inning I believe. They do that in case one team plays more innings than another. If 1 team plays 18 innings in 3 games and another team only plays 12 innings, that is why it's an average of runs per inning. So, in other words....get out the calculators. I hadn't used that algebra since high school but we were able to figure out exactly what was needed for us to win. Luckily we didn't have to resort to a tie-breaker because we (Russell-Flatwoods) won the district championship game.

yea Beaver Creek 10-11 just barley missed it they allowed 8 runs in 2 games and could only allow 1 run in 6 innings but they allowed 1 in 5 and just missed it
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:yea Beaver Creek 10-11 just barley missed it they allowed 8 runs in 2 games and could only allow 1 run in 6 innings but they allowed 1 in 5 and just missed it

It was really a shame Beaver Creek and Paintsville was in the same bracket, I watched all the teams and those two teams was by far the best of the tournament.
you must not of watched many games

Tubby Hater Wrote:It was really a shame Beaver Creek and Paintsville was in the same bracket, I watched all the teams and those two teams was by far the best of the tournament.
PHS3 Wrote:you must not of watched many games

I watched the Paintsville vs Beaver Crk game and Handshoe was dominating Paintsville when he ran out of pitches. With Handshoe on the mound Beaver was the best team in the tournament. They did have a huge drop off after Handshoe but I promise yoou Paintsville did not want to face him again. Paintsville was very lucky to come out of that game with a win.
UKCAT5FAN Wrote:It does go by runs allowed but it is an average of runs per inning I believe. They do that in case one team plays more innings than another. If 1 team plays 18 innings in 3 games and another team only plays 12 innings, that is why it's an average of runs per inning. So, in other words....get out the calculators. I hadn't used that algebra since high school but we were able to figure out exactly what was needed for us to win. Luckily we didn't have to resort to a tie-breaker because we (Russell-Flatwoods) won the district championship game.

i think they need to come up with something else because not only phelps get the raw end of the deal but beaver creek mercy ruled two teams and gave up only 10 runs and still didn't get in. i know they didn't play as many innings as some of the other teams but,it seems to me they punish you for beating a team by 10 runs or more and congradulate you for going in extra innings.
chop1990 Wrote:i think they need to come up with something else because not only phelps get the raw end of the deal but beaver creek mercy ruled two teams and gave up only 10 runs and still didn't get in. i know they didn't play as many innings as some of the other teams but,it seems to me they punish you for beating a team by 10 runs or more and congradulate you for going in extra innings.
No offense intended for those two teams that Beaver Creek mercied, but anybody in the tournament could have.
I believe in all honesty three of the top 4 teams made it out, with the exception of Whitesburg. I believe it would have been hard for the top four teams to make it out because three of them (maybe even four of the top five) lied in the same bracket (Morgan, Belfry, PBurg, and Neon) Phelps and Beaver Creek was right there with them.
I really dont know a way to make it fair to everybody.
I mean they drawn the brackets fairly, but it hurts BC and Phelps for mercy ruling teams. But yet Belfry had to battle to the bitter end every game to make it out. I mean its nearly impossible to make it fair. Just make sure everybody agrees ont he solution before hand.
Who won the 11 and 12 year old tournament? Who won the 9 and 10 year old tournament?
Paintsville got the 9/10 and Morgan Co got the 11/12.
Belfry Wins Wrote:No offense intended for those two teams that Beaver Creek mercied, but anybody in the tournament could have.
I believe in all honesty three of the top 4 teams made it out, with the exception of Whitesburg. I believe it would have been hard for the top four teams to make it out because three of them (maybe even four of the top five) lied in the same bracket (Morgan, Belfry, PBurg, and Neon) Phelps and Beaver Creek was right there with them.
I really dont know a way to make it fair to everybody.
I mean they drawn the brackets fairly, but it hurts BC and Phelps for mercy ruling teams. But yet Belfry had to battle to the bitter end every game to make it out. I mean its nearly impossible to make it fair. Just make sure everybody agrees ont he solution before hand.

beaver creek played the leat amount of innings of the three teams in question.i think personally belfry and phelps was the best of the three.i think that beaver got the raw end of the deal.they mercy ruled two teams and had paintsville beat up5-1 in the 6th inning.the question i have is how did they go from 0.016 of a run one minute and 0.003 of a run the next.i say if it is that close let those two teams play it out on the field.
i agree in many many ways

chop1990 Wrote:i think they need to come up with something else because not only phelps get the raw end of the deal but beaver creek mercy ruled two teams and gave up only 10 runs and still didn't get in. i know they didn't play as many innings as some of the other teams but,it seems to me they punish you for beating a team by 10 runs or more and congradulate you for going in extra innings.
would love watching the 13-14 year olds in state. i remember last year when it was lewis co. vs richmond. it was like a slugfest i think theyre were 3 homeruns hit and two of them were just shots