Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg over South Floyd~Volleyball
Prestonsburg beat South Floyd tonight at Prestonsburg 2-0!

Congrats to Prestonsburg they played great and dominated the game Idea ! As for South Floyd, I don't understand why some of the older players don't get to play, it amazes me :roll: :roll:
i am sure Coach Smallwood has his reasons for not playin certain players.
No matter what the reason may be, when your team is down 24-11, you should try other line ups to see if they can do any better .
I agree.. everyone should get a chance since I didn't see anyone that was outstanding out there anyways..
but the volleycats played great!! Brittany Johnson had a great game.. along with the rest of the cats!! congrats girls!! Tongue
I think he did they used 9 players tonight and they are the ones that have been working hard at practice from what i heard when they played over here at valley. I have a good friend one the team and it was not that pburg played that well as for sf missing 10 serves that gives pbrug 10 points plus and couple of starting sophomores that are now counted on to contribute. Pburg is going to suprise a lot of teams and will make more noise then people think. I know last year sf had 9 seniors and 5 did not play but they where a team and went 20-5. being part of a team these days is hard because its why did i not play or why did she instead of i am late for practice i am not getting time so i quit. Coach Smallwood has that program going in the right direction and wish his girls the best of luck except when they play valley. 8)
Were you at the game? Prestonsburg did play well, South Floyd just wasn't as good as what I had heard. I do agree with 15th, I didn't see anyone out there that was outstanding, and I did see a few kids I thought should have gotten a chance to play, it couldn't have hurt SF any.
yes I was at the game the other night plus I was at the spikefest today with valley playing in it. Valley played pbrug hard today and then we won a game over redbird who is better then most think. Watched a very exciting first game with the raiders beating the volleycats 25-23 then saw a different lady raider team manhandle the cats in the second game 25-15 and missed 5 serves giving pburg 5 of those 15. Both teams looked pretty good today but the raiders might be hard to handle in the district while pburg might have played their best game last week.
5 points on missed serves plus 1 on an error on the line up at the start of the game.
looked as though SF may have woke up. the last game was never in doubt.
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:I agree.. everyone should get a chance since I didn't see anyone that was outstanding out there anyways..
but the volleycats played great!! Brittany Johnson had a great game.. along with the rest of the cats!! congrats girls!! Tongue

Everyone get a chance?
I thought it was a Varsity game not a peewee game where every player gets a turn.
thats the attitude which so many high school coachs must deal with where Mommys and daddy's are not at pratice to see who is performing and who is not.
Coachs make mistakes, but they tend to evaluate what transpires all season, each week and practices are part of that.
Just because someoen is older doesnt mean they have worked hard enough to get the opportunity to play.
I know Smallwood, Little and Turner, and Im sure that if someone was playing well enough to get in or someone was playing poorly then they would make changes.

Im sure some feeling get hurt but that is part of life's lesson that player must accept as it is a team game.

They Must be doing something right they had 3 girls sign scholarships last year, who else in the region has done that in any sport?
exactly Turkish. people need to grow up. not everyone gets in games. if it is a blowout then i might see them gettin in but if they dont oh well.

by the way glad to see ya back on here.
I agree the last game was over early pburg was up 5 -0 and then add the 5 pts for serving mistakes they earned 5 pts the rest of the game.
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:exactly Turkish. people need to grow up. not everyone gets in games. if it is a blowout then i might see them gettin in but if they dont oh well.

by the way glad to see ya back on here.

The game was a blowout! I saw people sitting on the bench that can outplay the starters that were out there.
"Turkish" Wrote:
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:I agree.. everyone should get a chance since I didn't see anyone that was outstanding out there anyways..

Everyone get a chance?
I thought it was a Varsity game not a peewee game where every player gets a turn.
thats the attitude which so many high school coachs must deal with where Mommys and daddy's are not at pratice to see who is performing and who is not.
Coachs make mistakes, but they tend to evaluate what transpires all season, each week and practices are part of that.
Just because someoen is older doesnt mean they have worked hard enough to get the opportunity to play.
I know Smallwood, Little and Turner, and Im sure that if someone was playing well enough to get in or someone was playing poorly then they would make changes.

Im sure some feeling get hurt but that is part of life's lesson that player must accept as it is a team game.

They Must be doing something right they had 3 girls sign scholarships last year, who else in the region has done that in any sport?

It's not that hard to get a scholarship to play a sport in a college in Kentucky if you really want one.. ask anyone else who has played a sport...and it wasnt a pee wee game.. but there was people who didnt get to play that were good enough to get a chance.. there were even people who had been offered scholarships the year before who didnt get to play
"15thRegionCrazy" Wrote:
"Turkish" Wrote:

Everyone get a chance?

It's not that hard to get a scholarship to play a sport in a college in Kentucky if you really want one.. ask anyone else who has played a sport...and it wasnt a pee wee game.. but there was people who didnt get to play that were good enough to get a chance.. there were even people who had been offered scholarships the year before who didnt get to play

Thats what I'm trying to say :?: :?: