Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell-Flatwoods ends in 3rd place
After playing hard to the end, RF just could not hold on to get to the championship. Injuries and changes in emergency situations along with some crucial errors became the story book ending to the Russell-Flatwoods 11 year old team today. Bronson Korzep prolly took the hardest hit to the face from a 6 foot 11 year old with a huge bat. While playing short stop, the ball hit the ground one time and hopped over the glove to catch Brawny right on the left cheek bone, knocking him to the ground.
While the play was in motion and runners advancing, another player grabbed the ball to stop the action. He could not even get off the ground. After several minutes of close observation on the ground, he was allowed to stand and take some steps. believe it or not after he walked it off he relieved Connor Messer who had reached his pitch count in the 5th. These boys were tough today but the score was no indication of the actual game.
yes you can say that as a parent of a child, my view can be clouded. I say that the RF boys could have won the semi's and played Warren County Southern for the championship. RF left runners on base at crucial times. At one point the bases were loaded and with one out, I think... No runs came in on that one. Limited bats did not help as did errors in the field. But if you just sit back and count the runs and when they come......well you can see the pattern.
The shot to Bronson's cheek were two runs,then the play stopped. This game was close and our boys played very hard.

With it all over with and football seriously approaching, I say thank you to all the boys of the Russell/Flatwoods team, coaches and assistant coaches, parents, grandparents and friends..... We had a great time in a crappy hotel.... There were 6 ball teams there and they put up a sign that only 5 kids could be in the pool at one time. BUT we had a blast and our kids played with determination and heart..... Very proud of you guys and rest up for Monday.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
First of all how is that young man doing? I hope he is doing great and makes a full recovery.

Congrats to these young men and RF Little League for having the vision to go after the state 11 yr old championship.It will make them better for the 12 yr old tournament. Congrats again.
Nothing to hang your head about. Third place is pretty good.
I'll say this the 60' ft field is to small for 11&12 year olds to be playing on.