Poll: Holy Cross (Lou.) @ Belfry
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
97.83%
Holy Cross Cougars
2.17%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Holy Cross (Louisville) - Aug. 29
Belfry by a lot.
Belfry should be able to name the score in this one... Belfry by 3+ touchdowns.
Belfry
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
It shouldn't be a leisurely stroll in the park, but Belfry should win convincingly.

Holy Cross is one of the Top 7 1A teams in the state and return their two top offensive threats from last season, including one of the better QB's in Louisville.
Belfry always starts slow, so expect some fumbles and mistakes.

Belfry 35-14.
Looking foward to this game. I hope Belfry wins.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Belfry
Belfry!
Belfry!!!!
Belfry by a lot. Big Grin

Side note, I'm a little disappointed in whoever on the Pike County Bowl committee is responsible for setting the matchups. The PCB is supposed to be the "crown jewel" of mountain football, a way of showing the rest of Kentucky that us hillbillies can play with the big schools downstate. But Holy Cross is not a "big school" or even a traditional power. A program like Belfry deserves to play a better team in this game.

C'mon, PCB! Get some better teams in here!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It would be nice to see a Lexington school. Make them pay the gas to come over to our side of the state. LCC had to go to northern ky. Four hour trip there to play a regional game.
cougarpride08 Wrote:It would be nice to see a Lexington school. Make them pay the gas to come over to our side of the state. LCC had to go to northern ky. Four hour trip there to play a regional game.

One major difference...that Regional game was a playoff game. If LCC and Highlands played this year the Birds would make the same trip. This is a non-district football game, no correlation whatsoever, why would anyone agree to a game where they drive 4 hours tht they ahd to cover the expenses?
Belfry
Belfry.
Belfry!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:One major difference...that Regional game was a playoff game. If LCC and Highlands played this year the Birds would make the same trip. This is a non-district football game, no correlation whatsoever, why would anyone agree to a game where they drive 4 hours tht they ahd to cover the expenses?

Travel expenses are covered by the gate fee. Once the expenses are covered I'm not sure what is done with the money.
Belfry, by a lot.
Pirates Easily!
ttt
This is not going to be an easy game because belfry struggled during the Hazard scrimmage...On the other hand Belfry still is one of the best teams in the mouantins so Belfry by 3 touchdowns...
Holy Cross !

Ahhhhh...Just Kidding...Belfry rolls in this one !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Holy Cross has won 67 games since 2001, that's an average of 9 wins per season. The Cougars have also been to 5 Regional Championships in the past 9 years.These statistics are especially impressive considering that Class A Holy Cross schedules 2-A, 4A, 5A and 6A teams for non-district games. I think Belfry shouldn't be so over confident!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Belfry By Alot.
Should be an easy game.
Don't count out Holy Cross, Belfry's starting center Chancey Cisco won't be playing, was suspended from the game today after a locker room fight. Casey Lester will be starting.

Sophomore Shane Blackburn will be at Linebacker with Cory Coleman moved to defensive line.
Should this even be a thread? HAHAHA. I take Belfry by as many as they please.
That sucks for Chancey. Belfry still wins by a lot though.
Pirates by a long shot. This one won't even be close.

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Belfry by alot.
Holy Cross doesn't stand a chance.
The Pirates hands down.