Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry - Whats the Word from Summer Camp?
Any updates on how its going?'

How many are out? Who looks to have significantly improved? Who is playing where with the first team offense and defense?

Any updates are appreciated.
73 views and no replies?

Someone at least tell me how many are out.
My info is third hand (from someone who spoke to someone), so take it with a grain of salt:

Lee is huge, but seems to need some extra conditioning

Charlie Dotson and Thomas Varney have looked ultra impressive on offense

Elkins looks stronger with his passes and hasn't lost a step when it comes to running the ball or running the Wishbone

Corey Coleman will dominate wherever he is at on defense
EKUAlum05 Wrote:My info is third hand (from someone who spoke to someone), so take it with a grain of salt:

Lee is huge, but seems to need some extra conditioning

Charlie Dotson and Thomas Varney have looked ultra impressive on offense

Elkins looks stronger with his passes and hasn't lost a step when it comes to running the ball or running the Wishbone

Corey Coleman will dominate wherever he is at on defense

Lee is in probably the best shape physically/conditioning wise that he has ever started July practice in!
throw deep Wrote:Lee is in probably the best shape physically/conditioning wise that he has ever started July practice in!

Agree 100%!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
throw deep Wrote:Lee is in probably the best shape physically/conditioning wise that he has ever started July practice in!

As I said..third hand info... haha
Summer Camp seems to be going as well as to be expected thus far. The offense seems to be the best ever! The defense needs some work. They have several weeks before the first game and with the Coaches philosophy of ....."Get a little better each week." They will be fine. No doubt about it they will be the Belfry Pirates everyone is use to seeing come late October/November.
Pond Creek Wrote:Summer Camp seems to be going as well as to be expected thus far. The offense seems to be the best ever! The defense needs some work. They have several weeks before the first game and with the Coaches philosophy of ....."Get a little better each week." They will be fine. No doubt about it they will be the Belfry Pirates everyone is use to seeing come late October/November.

The best ever? That's some heavy expectations when you consider those State Title teams with Doug and Dave....

I was worried about the defense at this point last season as well..they turned out pretty darn good
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Glad to hear Ivan has been putting some work in during conditioning. I'm sure the heavy practice slate over the next month will get him even leaner.

I guess my biggest concern will be replacing the speed on the defensive line. I think Coleman will do just fine at LB, but then you have to replace him with another DT and Hickman as well. That is a lot of speed gone. I know they have big boys who can fill in well against the run, but just wonder if they will have the excellent pash rush of the past couple years.

Thomas Varney/Lee/Dotson/Elkins - should be pretty explosive in the running game.
I assume the line looks impressive?

Also did anyone who contributed last year or was expected to contribute not come back?
Any Freshmen worth of mention?