Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)?
kybaseball Wrote:Darrius Miller6'7" i know he's not exactly from this particular area but close enough.And his teamateTrevor Setty6'6",Timmy Knipp from Elliot he's not quite as tall at 6'5" but still young and can do it from A-Z.Dakota Euton6'8" he plays a lot like he did as i remember,maybe not quite as quick footed but probably a little better shooter.

These players could play with May out on the floor,But none of them could handle JR in the paint.Niether could Ishmael or Indicott.

One thing we can agree on for sure the fundamentals have went by the wayside.

It seems every coach wants speed over anything,no matter if players can dribble pass or shoot.

Heres my soap box i think the 3 point line in high school has hurt the high school game. JMO please don't roast me for it.
There is no comprison between May and Euton. May would be dominate in that battle. I found very few instances where Euton dominated anything this year with him towering over most of his opponents in a weak basketball area. Knipp is not even in the same league.

As I said May was not a true center, but he is a big man. Shaq and Tim Duncan are both big men as well but neither play the same type of game. I'll compare May to Duncan and Shaq to VanHoose. I'll take Duncan.

Your right about the 3 point shot. That and the dunk have ruined high school and college basketball.
Messages In This Thread
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)? - by Mr.Kimball - 08-18-2008, 08:47 AM