Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)?
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I was actually offered scholarships by many "high" D-1 schools, even though I don't see much difference in high and mid. I had verbal offers from Indiana, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Miss. State, Virginia Tech, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, Kansas, Florida, etc. My final three was between Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, and Marshall. I just chose Marshall because I wanted a lot of playing time, loved the fans there, plus it was close to home.

I remember it being on the news that Bobby Knight was at a game watching you on a recruiting trip. That was a really smart move not playing for him.Smile

I know that you could have played at all those schools and made a impact. And i understand why You choose Marshall. If i remember correctly you stayed for all 4 years and did not bounce around.Marshall was very lucky that you choose to play for them.

And another thing I think it shows a lot of class and cuts to come on here to set things straight.
Messages In This Thread
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)? - by kybaseball - 08-18-2008, 08:22 PM