Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)?
letthebighogroot Wrote:My post said nothing about a May/Vanhoose comparsion. I qouted college stats for May, not high school. Having said that, How many NAIA players are D1 scholarship athletes that leave and go the NAIA route so they can be "the man" ? Point being, I'm sure May was in most cases doubled teamed, leaving a man open, (if you're averaging 29 shots a ballgame they aren't all good ones) So to answer your question, If I were coaching I would want the best shot, not the one my best player could take with 2 or 3 guys on him. And in response to your "not everyone can control who they play with" statement. Mr. May had 2 opportunities to do that. Maybe he felt like he wouldn't get a chance to chuck 30 shots a game at UK or Wake.

Pikeville College had a couple D-1 transfers this past season, as they will this season coming up. None of them even came close to Todd's stats or records. I done care what level you play at, if it is D-1 or NAIA, if you can lead every player at any level in the country, that is something that you can be proud of.

kybaseball Wrote:I don't know for sure why May transfered but i really do think it was "to be the man". And at one time in the late 70's early 80's he was. But that was high school then he got a dose of Big Time college basketball. Instead of being the KING he was a Avg player and had to work to get playing time and shots.And when a person is the King then they are not it's hard to accept. So they will search to get it back and he did and was at PC.

bighog I agree with you 100% about shot totals,when your best player takes most of the shots all of them can't be good no matter who the player is.A true team player will get his shots but they will also seek to make their teammates better.

If my conclussions are correct i can not in any way shape or form call that a real team player. That is one of the reasons May is my # 2 It should be #5 on the attitude part but on abilty he is a solid #2 on the top 5 big men from the mountians.:thumpsup:

Do you realize that as a freshman, Todd was getting more playing time, and more quality minutes than Kenny Walker was getting? I dont know what would have happened to Todd if he had stayed at Kentucky, I dont know why he left Kentucky. To me, none of that matters because he is a friend of mine that I talk to quite often.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Messages In This Thread
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)? - by BasketBallonlyfan - 08-27-2008, 08:47 AM