Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Training Camp Notes from 8/7
Met TubbyHater!!!! (Actually just said hi and he introduced himself because the people pushing me wouldn't stop.)

First off the defense looked amazing: they were sworming the offense from everywhere and every position. It was great just to see our defense get after the offense.

Jerome Simpson looked great and I definitely think he's solidifying himself as the number 3 receiver.

The defensive line looked good, but I still think it should be Shirley and Sims in the starting roles.

Chad made some GREAT catches.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Sounds like things are shaping up very nice for the Bengals.
Yeah when I went last Friday Jerome Simpson caught a 30 yard pass not to mention while diving into the endzone. It was pretty sweet, we're are gonna be a playoff team this year, IMO. Also, I think it will be Peko and Sims starting at the DT's and backing them up will be John Thornton and Matt Shirley!
My wife and I was at the scrimmage on Friday and the mock game on Saturday. It looks like Mike Zimmers defensive scheme is attack, attack, attack. As Dave Lapham commented....it was a sight for sore eyes.

BTW....Longtime no see y'all.
we will se tonight Bengals and Packers tonight 8:00 pm espn.
rallo316 Wrote:we will se tonight Bengals and Packers tonight 8:00 pm espn.
I'm PUMPED
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
going to be weird not seeing Favre under center in GB.
Bengal Cat Wrote:It looks like Mike Zimmers defensive scheme is attack, attack, attack. As Dave Lapham commented....it was a sight for sore eyes.

Bengals' defense getting torched again, to the tune of 150 yards and 10 points in the first quarter. All in Aaron Rodgers' first start for the Pack.

Some things never seem to change... Sad
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The defense stiffened up a bit in the second quarter, giving up 70+ yards but no points. I still think giving up 228 yards at halftime is way too much, but two INT's have helped keep the score down.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BFritz Wrote:I'm PUMPED
I would be too if I were you. The bungals are 2 weeks into training camp and nobody has been arrested or failed a drug test.....yet. LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I would be too if I were you. The bungals are 2 weeks into training camp and nobody has been arrested or failed a drug test.....yet. LOL!

Thats funny. Smile Smile
More Cowbell Wrote:Bengals' defense getting torched again, to the tune of 150 yards and 10 points in the first quarter. All in Aaron Rodgers' first start for the Pack.

The tackling was terrible to start out with. But we had 2 sacks and an INT in the first quarter. At least we are getting near the QB now. Also there were no 10 yard cushions from our CB's. One last observation.......Zimmer kept attacking on that last packer drive instead of sitting back and letting them dink and dunk us right down the field.
Go Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More Cowbell Wrote:Bengals' defense getting torched again, to the tune of 150 yards and 10 points in the first quarter. All in Aaron Rodgers' first start for the Pack.

If we can work on tackling, we'll be fine. I was impressed with the pressure we got on Rogers.
And that my friend, is why I love yaSmile Smile HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I would be too if I were you. The bungals are 2 weeks into training camp and nobody has been arrested or failed a drug test.....yet. LOL!