Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASCAR catches Toyota's cheaters
I knew they where cheating. They should strip them of the wins and points. We don't need them anyhow.
It seems that the #18 and #20 cars owned by JGR where caught cheating in the nationwide series race this Saturday.

NASCAR inspectors, preparing to do tests on horsepower numbers following Saturday's Nationwide race at Michigan International Speedway, found magnets under the gas pedals on the two Gibbs Toyotas.

Here is an article about the issue.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/84...-penalties

I wonder if this could explain why kyle busch has been so dominant? This also makes me wonder how long things like this have been going on, and if nascar has been looking over the issue in order to gain new fans with the Toyota brand?
Its all about keeping Toyota happy in Nascar. Nascar knew this has been going on. This sport is starting to just get rediculous!
This never would have happened if NASCAR didn't make the Toyota's run a 2nd restrictor plate. Just because the Toyota's found a way to get 15 more horsepower, and were within the rules, NASCAR decided it wasn't fair to everyone else. Personally I think this is all NASCAR's fault. If they would have rewarded Toyota for their hard work instead of penalyzing them then this would have never happened.
BCF4L Wrote:This never would have happened if NASCAR didn't make the Toyota's run a 2nd restrictor plate. Just because the Toyota's found a way to get 15 more horsepower, and were within the rules, NASCAR decided it wasn't fair to everyone else. Personally I think this is all NASCAR's fault. If they would have rewarded Toyota for their hard work instead of penalyzing them then this would have never happened.
Ok so Toyota gets caught cheating and it NASCAR's fault. So whos head did Mike Helton put the gun up to and make them put that magnet under the gas pedal? Im all for finding "grey areas" in the rule book. Thats part of racin. But when you do something to blatanly cheat during a test then you deserve what you get. And JGR has nobody to blame but themsleves. My ? is this. What did Toyota and JGR have to hide? If they were losing so much horsepower under the hood with the new rule than why were they doing something to make sure NASCAR wouldnt know what they had. If I were a team owner moaning the blues about how much horepower my cars had lost Id be the first in line at the dyno to show NASCAR. Toyota was hiding something and yes I think this will ripple over to the cup garage as well.
Jackets08 Wrote:Its all about keeping Toyota happy in Nascar. Nascar knew this has been going on. This sport is starting to just get rediculous!
NASCAR isnt stupid their not going to risk a potential PR nightmare no matter how much they want Toyota to be happy.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ok so Toyota gets caught cheating and it NASCAR's fault. So whos head did Mike Helton put the gun up to and make them put that magnet under the gas pedal? Im all for finding "grey areas" in the rule book. Thats part of racin. But when you do something to blatanly cheat during a test then you deserve what you get.
I agree that what they did was wrong and they should get penalized for it. But the problem came down to the fact that NASCAR found that the Toyota's had more horsepower, not by cheating need I remind you, but still penalized them for it by making them run with an extra restrictor plate. Now I'm all for penalizing a team for getting more horsepower due to cheating, but when Toyota was winning throughout the year by finding something legal that was giving them an advantage, I don't think it's right for NASCAR to interfere. It just shows that Toyota was working harder at finding horsepower than these other teams and it should be up to these other teams to catch up with them. All I can say is at least it isn't the Cup series and it's not like any of the Gibbs cars were in championship contention in the Nationwide series anyways.
BCF4L Wrote:I agree that what they did was wrong and they should get penalized for it. But the problem came down to the fact that NASCAR found that the Toyota's had more horsepower, not by cheating need I remind you, but still penalized them for it by making them run with an extra restrictor plate. Now I'm all for penalizing a team for getting more horsepower due to cheating, but when Toyota was winning throughout the year by finding something legal that was giving them an advantage, I don't think it's right for NASCAR to interfere. It just shows that Toyota was working harder at finding horsepower than these other teams and it should be up to these other teams to catch up with them. All I can say is at least it isn't the Cup series and it's not like any of the Gibbs cars were in championship contention in the Nationwide series anyways.
Its not NASCAR's job to reward teams for hard work. Its NASCARS job to level the playing field and keep the show from being "Stunk" up by one make or driver. I guarantee that if they wouldve went to the Dyno and give them a good faith run NASCAR wouldnt have been as harsh on them as they are going to be now regardless of the out come. JGR has succeded in bringing alot of eyes upon their organiztion ( there will be a test done on the cup cars now you can bet the farm on it.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Its not NASCAR's job to reward teams for hard work. Its NASCARS job to level the playing field and keep the show from being "Stunk" up by one make or driver. I guarantee that if they wouldve went to the Dyno and give them a good faith run NASCAR wouldnt have been as harsh on them as they are going to be now regardless of the out come. JGR has succeded in bringing alot of eyes upon their organiztion ( there will be a test done on the cup cars now you can bet the farm on it.
I guarantee you that Hendrick had done something last year with the success their team was having. A team can't win more than half of the races in a year without having some sort of an advantage. Sad thing is, no one thought to check out their cars.
Exactly right BCF4L, im glad someone else sees that Hendrick isnt all its cracked up to be. Everyone in their right mind knows Hendricks bunch is a stable of cheaters. Doesnt really matter to me though because I dont like nascar like I used to, its all went to ****.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Exactly right BCF4L, im glad someone else sees that Hendrick isnt all its cracked up to be. Everyone in their right mind knows Hendricks bunch is a stable of cheaters. Doesnt really matter to me though because I dont like nascar like I used to, its all went to ****.
Bingo. How many times has Chad Knaus (Johnson's crew chief) and Steve LeTarte (Gordon's crew chief) been suspended because of illegal setups in cars? Funny thing is it was all last year when it was going on, coincedentally the same year Johnson won 10 races and Hendrick combined won like 18.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Its not NASCAR's job to reward teams for hard work. Its NASCARS job to level the playing field and keep the show from being "Stunk" up by one make or driver.
Agreed. That's why everybody drives the same car now. NASCAR hs been sticking it to the fans for years. I mean, if they can get by for years calling those things that go around in circles STOCK cars, they can also get by calling them Chevys or Toyotas.
i don't think we have heard the whole story on this just yet.
Well I have to commend Joe Gibbs. He obviously prides himself in keeping a clean program and by doing so, he suspended all of those involved for the rest of the season and fined them on top of what NASCAR fined them. Good move by Joe.
And a magnet helps how?
Well I don't think its so much that the magnet helped anything. It was used to stick between the floor board and the accelerator to prevent the pedal from going full throttle, therefore showing less horsepower during testing. The thing is, if that was in there for the entire race, then the Toyota's were racing the whole race without full acceleration.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:My ? is this. What did Toyota and JGR have to hide? If they were losing so much horsepower under the hood with the new rule than why were they doing something to make sure NASCAR wouldnt know what they had. If I were a team owner moaning the blues about how much horepower my cars had lost Id be the first in line at the dyno to show NASCAR. Toyota was hiding something ...

Yep - the fact that they STILL had more horses than the others.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/Professi...0808210175