Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Henry to re-sign with Bengals
And people wonder why Cincinnati is the laughing stock of the NFL. Sad thing is, Henry has the potential to be in the same league with Johnson, Owens, Moss, etc. if he would keep his head on straight.
I like the move. A productive Chris Henry makes this a better team. Heres a couple of things to think about:

If he stays clean, then why shouldn't he play for the Bengals? With all the crap they have gone through with him, why should they let him go somewhere else now and possibly become a star? If he screws up again....then nothing can be said about the Bengals that hasn't already been said.

He already knows the offense. Theres no learning period

The one thing the Bengals are guilty of is acting too quickly when this last charge was made. They should've waited and let it run its course in the courts.

Also.....all charges were dropped. so what is the basis for his present suspension? According to the court he did nothing wrong.
I think its worth a try to give henry another shot.
I love this. Marvin and Mike Brown have pretty much lost all respect after resigning Henry. After all they said about moving on and putting the past behind them, here they go and become hypocrites. he won't get to play till after his suspension but I think he will get arrested again before that.
I hope that everything works out for him because he is a freak athlete. He can become one of the better receivers in the NFL is he stays out of trouble, which seems to be his only problem.
I agree with you BA, just the other day I was thinking about how good he could've been. Man, he is just so good in the Red Zone, he can go up and get pretty much anything thrown at him. His speed is also another advantage. I wonder if Darrin Simmons could get creative and put Henry on Kick Return, that would be interesting. But, I hope he gets his life straightened out and can be our star 3rd reciever. My only question would be is what are they going to do with Antonio Chatman, Glenn Holt, Marcus Maxwell, Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson. We have a good problem Big Grin, too many WR's! It would seem that we would keep Simpson, he's a lock. So is Caldwell. The competition will be between Chatman, Holt, Maxwell and Henry.
I'm thinking 2 of the 3 (Chatman, Holt, Maxwell) will be looking for a job. They will only keep 5 or 6 WR's
Bengal Cat Wrote:I'm thinking 2 of the 3 (Chatman, Holt, Maxwell) will be looking for a job. They will only keep 5 or 6 WR's

Out of those 3 I'd go with Chatman. But I do like Holt.
Jshort5 Wrote:Out of those 3 I'd go with Chatman. But I do like Holt.

With Chad out the rest of the preseason and TJ not likely to see much (if any) action the rest of the preseason, these players have one last chance to prove themselves. Time will tell I guess.
Classy move by the Bengals...AS ALWAYS! GO REDSKINS!
<<<< Is waiting for Henry to rob or mug somebody. Bout the only thing he hasn't done since becoming a pro.
Moves like this is why my Steelers always run away with the AFC North!
bball fan Wrote:Moves like this is why my Steelers always run away with the AFC North!

Always??? I thought Baltimore won it in 06 and Cincy in 05.....they are almost always contenders, I'll give you that.

Do you think the Steelers will run away with the AFC North this year bball?
I think this has the potential to blow up in the Bengals' face. Why? Well, it's not that it makes Marvin Lewis a hypocrite. He said earlier that he didn't want him back, and judging by his comments after the signing he doesn't sound too thrilled to have to deal with him now. I think it's pretty clear that he had nothing to do with re-signing Henry.

What this does is make Marvin Lewis look like a powerless joke in the Bengals' locker room. Mike Brown took Lewis' opinion on the situation, wiped his butt with it, then threw it away. So the players on the team see how much weight Lewis carries, and that can do nothing but undermine his attempts to keep certain players in line.

I was not in favor of this, but it's already done now, so I guess I just sit back and hope for the best...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Marvin made it clear in his presser that it was Mike Browns decision.
This is for 'Hoss and HAIL PIKEVILLE!.
Looking forward to the first 4 games getting over with so Henry can get out on the field and get playing time. Heck of an athlete, hopefully he can get all of the legal problems out of the way.