Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 2009
Lost alot of talent. How does everyone think they will turn out?
They lost alot of talent but yet they have two talented players in Russ Dotson and Josh Rison.
Still a strong teeam.
They will be runners-up in district to Estill
Powell county has a strong freshman class who had went 35-10 in 3 years and 7 0f the losses were in their 6th grade year when they were playing older teams
The Pirates will do fine this year. With Dotson pitching, Powell will win some games.
I think Powell has a very talented team. With Dotson and Rison leading the way. Also have talented sophmores in Creech, Reed, and Scott.
IMO Powell will be a middle of the pack team. However I think if they mesh together and have some good coaching and some leadership they could make a deep post season run.
I think this will be the 3rd year in a row that Powell won't even make the regional tournament.
I think ur wrong JackRabbitSlim....... they will make it
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think this will be the 3rd year in a row that Powell won't even make the regional tournament.

Who's in their district besides Estill?.......Is Lee Co.????
Kyboy13 Wrote:Who's in their district besides Estill?.......Is Lee Co.????

Yeah and owsley but lee lost alot of talent with losing drake IMO. Powell visits the 14th region this year!
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Yeah and owsley but lee lost alot of talent with losing drake IMO. Powell visits the 14th region this year!

They have the talent to take them that far.
I just don't know. Lee has one heck of a player and leader in their catcher (not sure about his name) but the lose of Drake will definately hurt them, since I don't think they'll have the pitching to make them a serious contender in the region..........The more I think about it the more i agree with JRS.
Powell will make to the region this year for the first time since they won region! Lee will not stop them with one player
Lee County's catcher's name is Gus Wise, i know him personally....he's a good ball player..i think that powell will finish 2nd in the district to us GOOD OLE ESTILL!!!
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Lee County's catcher's name is Gus Wise, i know him personally....he's a good ball player..i think that powell will finish 2nd in the district to us GOOD OLE ESTILL!!!

You never know. Powell can win the district, IMO. It would be tough, but I think they can do it.
bluegrassballa Wrote:You never know. Powell can win the district, IMO. It would be tough, but I think they can do it.

They could come through, but that lost alot of talent in Brewer and Pelfrey. I heard they're gonna have a freshman starting catcher....im From Estill and i know the kid they're talkin about...He's got some Big shoes to fill at the loss of Pelfrey. GO ESTILL!!!
Baseballkid10 Wrote:They could come through, but that lost alot of talent in Brewer and Pelfrey. I heard they're gonna have a freshman starting catcher....im From Estill and i know the kid they're talkin about...He's got some Big shoes to fill at the loss of Pelfrey. GO ESTILL!!!

Is the kid any good?
360ft from home Wrote:They lost alot of talent but yet they have two talented players in Russ Dotson and Josh Rison.

i think if the pitchers can hit there spots and not get rocked every night they pitch, powell could make it to the regions
catsfan08 Wrote:i think if the pitchers can hit there spots and not get rocked every night they pitch, powell could make it to the regions

I've played with the kid, he misses some balls in the dirt, and doesnt have the strongest arm. ...yeah, im pretty confident powell will make it to the region.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:I've played with the kid, he misses some balls in the dirt, and doesnt have the strongest arm. ...yeah, im pretty confident powell will make it to the region.

oh when did you play with him?
Baseballkid10 Wrote:They could come through, but that lost alot of talent in Brewer and Pelfrey. I heard they're gonna have a freshman starting catcher....im From Estill and i know the kid they're talkin about...He's got some Big shoes to fill at the loss of Pelfrey. GO ESTILL!!!

Yes they did lose alot of talent in Brewer and Pelfrey. But I'm sure that Powell will never give up and will play with all they got.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Yes they did lose alot of talent in Brewer and Pelfrey. But I'm sure that Powell will never give up and will play with all they got.

Powell never gives up
i played with the kid a couple years ago, and i played against him in summer ball this year...true powell is a good team, and good teams dont give up.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:i played with the kid a couple years ago, and i played against him in summer ball this year...true powell is a good team, and good teams dont give up.

were you on the usssa team with him?
what about morton hes a pretty talented sophomore this year
There are very many talented sophmores in reed, creech, scott, and trent....... very good players
rison will steal bases, dotson will hit and pitch well........... after that idk
Powell has a great Sophmore and Freshman class.... If the Seniors can be leaders than Powell will win games.