Poll: What channel are you watching?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fox News
0%
MSNBC
0%
CNN
54.55%
PBS
9.09%
CSPAN
36.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Democratic Party National Convention?
Are you watching it and on what channel?
Wasn't aware that it was on yet?

I'm watching America's Got Talent right now. NBC will be showing the DNC at 10 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CSPAN has total gavel to gavel LIVE coverage!

PBS coverage is more extensive than cable news as well!

If you want to hear the featured speakers and not a bunch of talking heads like Wolf Blitzer watch one of them.:Thumbs:
ComfortEagle Wrote:Wasn't aware that it was on yet?

I'm watching America's Got Talent right now. NBC will be showing the DNC at 10 PM.

If you think we should add NBC, CBS and ABC to the poll by all means do so.
Fox, because this is national bash obama week, but every week has been since he secured the nomination.
cnn
Of course I only watch about 5 minutes, because that is about all I can stomach of that crap.
Beetle01 Wrote:Of course I only watch about 5 minutes, because that is about all I can stomach of that crap.
We don't want you to watch!
Beetle01 Wrote:Of course I only watch about 5 minutes, because that is about all I can stomach of that crap.

When they did a pan of the audience, I thought it was the "bar scene" from Star Wars!
lawrencefan Wrote:When they did a pan of the audience, I thought it was the "bar scene" from Star Wars!

It wasn't.
I'm not watching it period....I don't like Obama.
Is it on Comedy Central or Si-Fi?
lawrencefan Wrote:When they did a pan of the audience, I thought it was the "bar scene" from Star Wars!

:lmao: now that's funny
Obama better hope for a bump in the polls after tonight's speech. If not this convention will be a failure. Still quite a few Clinton supporters refusing to vote for Obama.
BelfryPirates Wrote:I'm not watching it period....I don't like Obama.
What has Obama done to you ? What has he done that is so bad that people hate him?
That's all I wanna know?
Where does this hatred come from?
Beetle01 Wrote:Obama better hope for a bump in the polls after tonight's speech. If not this convention will be a failure. Still quite a few Clinton supporters refusing to vote for Obama.

Who told you that Beetle?

I think after last night all Clinton Supporters realize that the thought of 4 more years of the same failed policies is too great a risk and they'll vote for Obama!
DevilsWin Wrote:Who told you that Beetle?

I think after last night all Clinton Supporters realize that the thought of 4 more years of the same failed policies is too great a risk and they'll vote for Obama!

I think its funny how gullable that you all think Bush and Mccain will run the same type of white house. Mccain is known for crossing party lines to get things done. He is known as being moderate. He has had to run a little more conservative policy for this election because he has to keep right wingers happy. However, I think he will move back to being a little bit more moderate once in the WH.

To say Mccain and Bush are the same is pure ignorance.
Beetle01 Wrote:I think its funny how gullable that you all think Bush and Mccain will run the same type of white house. Mccain is known for crossing party lines to get things done. He is known as being moderate. He has had to run a little more conservative policy for this election because he has to keep right wingers happy. However, I think he will move back to being a little bit more moderate once in the WH.

I beg to differ but History will be the final judge. We shall see.

To suggest that Obama isn't going to be a better choice is also pure ignorance.

McCain is not the Maverick he claims to be anymore. The Straight Talk Express has become the Double Talk Express!
Your right I am ignorant on Obama, he has hardly been involved in National politics, and what he has been involved in is being the most liberal Senator.

That's 5 more minutes of the DNC than I could stomach...
DevilsWin Wrote:To suggest that Obama isn't going to be a better choice is also pure ignorance.

SmileSmileSmile
Beetle01 Wrote:I think its funny how gullable that you all think Bush and Mccain will run the same type of white house. Mccain is known for crossing party lines to get things done. He is known as being moderate. He has had to run a little more conservative policy for this election because he has to keep right wingers happy. However, I think he will move back to being a little bit more moderate once in the WH.

So, we can expect a guy with seven houses to protect the Average Joe and Jan from big oil, PHARMA, the insurance industry? I think huge coroporations and their lobbyists ought to have a voice in issues... I don't think they ought to get to WRITE the legislation. John McCain the Presedential candidate is different from the John McCain of days gone by.
How about showing me some evidence that this is not the McCain of old? Was it not last year him and Lieberman were opposing Bush. Most of his closest political friends are from the Democratic party.

Mccain is the only candidate who will get anything done if elected. Republicans will oppose every single piece of legislqation Obama puts out. His agenda is wayyyy to liberal.

It looks like Palin is going to be the VP candidate. This will probably makr the end of Obama's chances. Race still might be tight, but you are going to see a lot of Hillary supporters who were 50/50 on going for Obama or Mccain go for Mccain now. Most of those Hillary supporters were women. I think they will like Palin. I'm glad if its not Romney that it is her.
All of these threads need to be condensed, I can enevr remember what all has been said in each one, and then try and stay on topic for that thread. It is all just cluttered.
Beetle01 Wrote:How about showing me some evidence that this is not the McCain of old? Was it not last year him and Lieberman were opposing Bush. Most of his closest political friends are from the Democratic party.

Mccain is the only candidate who will get anything done if elected. Republicans will oppose every single piece of legislqation Obama puts out. His agenda is wayyyy to liberal.

It looks like Palin is going to be the VP candidate. This will probably makr the end of Obama's chances. Race still might be tight, but you are going to see a lot of Hillary supporters who were 50/50 on going for Obama or Mccain go for Mccain now. Most of those Hillary supporters were women. I think they will like Palin. I'm glad if its not Romney that it is her.

You do realize that, if McCain is elected, Republicans will not be in the majority in either House or Senate and, therefore, might be able to block legislation(maybe not depending on November), but not pass any without "across the aisle" help?