Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something I wrote for college
DevilsWin Wrote:Once again you adopt the Politics of Fear rather than the Politics of Hope!

When you have no plan to better America the best recourse is to scare the rest into believing a bunch of BS!

So you're saying the Libs don't want to ban just about every gun there is? I call em as I see em.
Beetle01 Wrote:If you think sending in armed Federal troops is ever the answer for a civil rights violation, then I pray noone in our govt thinks like you do.
If people in Alabama were to still get in the way, were they to gun down American civilians?

This would be much tougher today. I'd say today most soldiers would lay down their weapons before killing Americans. Especially if being used as a political toy for a political party.

It was Dick Nixon's armed guardsmen who killed Americans at Kent State; no Americans were killed in Tuscaloosa. Domestic threats wouldn't include direct and open violations of the Constitution, especially when they discriminated against a whole group of people? Let's say the women's right to vote Amendment...two states refuse to honor it. Who or what stands as protector of those women's right to democracy? In my opinion, your view of state's rights swings quite a bit too far.
thecavemaster Wrote:It was Dick Nixon's armed guardsmen who killed Americans at Kent State; no Americans were killed in Tuscaloosa. Domestic threats wouldn't include direct and open violations of the Constitution, especially when they discriminated against a whole group of people? Let's say the women's right to vote Amendment...two states refuse to honor it. Who or what stands as protector of those women's right to democracy? In my opinion, your view of state's rights swings quite a bit too far.

No the Federal govt. has ways to manipulate the state govt. It is called funding. Funding for roads and education for example. If those in Tusc. didn't want to let blacks attend their college, instead of sending in troops, which these days would probably get very ugly, just cut funding to the schools in Bama. Force the oppressors to allow the rights of those who are being oppressed without sending in armed soldiers.
Beetle01 Wrote:No the Federal govt. has ways to manipulate the state govt. It is called funding. Funding for roads and education for example. If those in Tusc. didn't want to let blacks attend their college, instead of sending in troops, which these days would probably get very ugly, just cut funding to the schools in Bama. Force the oppressors to allow the rights of those who are being oppressed without sending in armed soldiers.

See Fidel Castro. See Sadaam Hussein. Economic sanctions and embargos seldom sway the entrenched power, the ego driven leader. Gradualism, in my mind, is not the standard for people whose civil rights are being grossly denied in America.
thecavemaster Wrote:See Fidel Castro. See Sadaam Hussein. Economic sanctions and embargos seldom sway the entrenched power, the ego driven leader. Gradualism, in my mind, is not the standard for people whose civil rights are being grossly denied in America.

Violent force is always better. I hope since you support such actions, that if ever an event arises where troops are sent, I hope you voluntarily go and lead the way, instead of trying to justify the use of American troops against American people.

People are becoming more communistic every day.
Currently Oklahoma is already in a gradual movement for secession. Lets say them and a few other MW or So. states group together to secede, for whatever reason. Misuse of powers, funds, and poor management of the govt on a federal level.. Would you support the use of Federal troops going into those states and waging war?
Beetle01 Wrote:Violent force is always better. I hope since you support such actions, that if ever an event arises where troops are sent, I hope you voluntarily go and lead the way, instead of trying to justify the use of American troops against American people.

People are becoming more communistic every day.

The point of sending troops to Tuscaloosa was to enforce the law of the United States of America, not to bring about violence. And here is the lowest common denominator slop in the trough: "communist." Yes, yes, Stalin is my role model, ah, and Mussolini... please. I believe in freedom of conscience; I believe in each man, each woman, one vote; I believe in free markets with greed and predatory practices checked by regulatory agencies. I bet if you were picked up and jailed for simply exercising a basic right, you would want someone to stand up for you.
thecavemaster Wrote:The point of sending troops to Tuscaloosa was to enforce the law of the United States of America, not to bring about violence. And here is the lowest common denominator slop in the trough: "communist." Yes, yes, Stalin is my role model, ah, and Mussolini... please. I believe in freedom of conscience; I believe in each man, each woman, one vote; I believe in free markets with greed and predatory practices checked by regulatory agencies. I bet if you were picked up and jailed for simply exercising a basic right, you would want someone to stand up for you.

Soldiers are not police officers.
Beetle01 Wrote:Soldiers are not police officers.

Soldiers have a similar mission as elected officials: to serve and protect the United States of America from threats foreign and domestic... and I would hope to uphold the Constitution as interpreted through the balance of powers. Again, you and I will never agree on this issue.