Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region
lawrence LC Wrote:chandler wont lead nothing ...he isnt the leader on lawrence county baseball team

I think JRS has it correct-jealousy runs rampant in Louisa.

This guy mouthed off about Shepherd all through football season and I guess we'll have to hear it all through baseball season as well.
Dawg@heart Wrote:I think JRS has it correct-jealousy runs rampant in Louisa.

This guy mouthed off about Shepherd all through football season and I guess we'll have to hear it all through baseball season as well.

The good thing about people mouthing off about Shepherd during baseball season is he has been shuting up critics since he was in the 7th grade, and I would just about bet that he will continue to shut them up til he gaduates. As a freshman last year he made all-state honorable mentioin, and it's also not bad to already have that many wins before you even enter high school.
i would say that the 15th is def. up for grabs this year. its JC or LC s to lose.. the region will be a lot more competitive this year though.. i know im gonna get slammed but i think allen central is posed to make a decent run at it this year.. with the new coach i believe if they dont turns some heads this year that they def. will next year.. lawrence lost some last year, but the kids they have returning, plus the addition of the underclassmen, makes them the team to beat.. they will the champs till somebody beat them.. so i still have LC as the favorite..
.38special Wrote:i would say that the 15th is def. up for grabs this year. its JC or LC s to lose.. the region will be a lot more competitive this year though.. i know im gonna get slammed but i think allen central is posed to make a decent run at it this year.. with the new coach i believe if they dont turns some heads this year that they def. will next year.. lawrence lost some last year, but the kids they have returning, plus the addition of the underclassmen, makes them the team to beat.. they will the champs till somebody beat them.. so i still have LC as the favorite..

I agree with you about Allen Central they have a lot of good athletes on that team, and if somebody learns how to spin that into discipline at the plate and get some fundamentals poured into their head they could definetly surprise some people. They pitched that lefty to death last season and I hope they don't do that this year because he will be in surgery before the season is out. They are known to ruin pitchers there(Scotty Little).
chandler is an awesome baseball player, i can't believe anyone, especially someone from lc, would be bad mouthing him...
Does anyone know if Pike Centrals field will be ready?
Lets hear everyones top 10
1. Lawrence County-champs until proven otherwise, plus the best player in the region in Chandler Shephard

2. Johnson Central-#2 pitcher in the region with Conley

3. Belfry-regional runner up, good coach

4. Pikeville-With Huffman back they will be able to shock some people

5. Paintsville-lost alot with graduation but will still compete

6. East Ridge-made the semi's of the region last year and about pulled it out

7. Allen Central-descent athletes, new fundamental coach

8. Sheldon Clark-showed how unprepared they were for the district last year

9. Magoffin County-continues to get better each year

10. Prestonsburg-lost alot with graduation as well, will be hard to rebound
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:1. Lawrence County-champs until proven otherwise, plus the best player in the region in Chandler Shephard

Great top 10.. I might interchange Pikeville and Belfry. Dotson was a major part of Belfry's success last year and they will need someone to step up, especially Runyon in the pitching rotation. I might put Allen Central higher also. Paintsville is the team that will be interesting. Losing a major core of their team to graduation, Adams and Lyons will have to step up majorly. The question is who else will step up? A lot of underclassmen will have to fill the role. Like you said, LC is the team to beat until proven otherwise. Shepherd can beat anyone on a given day, with Cody Moore right behind him. Although they lost their core of the team to graduation, they still have their RBI leader in Jordan Miller and a solid defense. Not to mention they play the toughest schedule in Eastern Kentucky. I am anxious for baseball to get rolling!
House of Pain Wrote:Great top 10.. I might interchange Pikeville and Belfry. Dotson was a major part of Belfry's success last year and they will need someone to step up, especially Runyon in the pitching rotation. I might put Allen Central higher also. Paintsville is the team that will be interesting. Losing a major core of their team to graduation, Adams and Lyons will have to step up majorly. The question is who else will step up? A lot of underclassmen will have to fill the role. Like you said, LC is the team to beat until proven otherwise. Shepherd can beat anyone on a given day, with Cody Moore right behind him. Although they lost their core of the team to graduation, they still have their RBI leader in Jordan Miller and a solid defense. Not to mention they play the toughest schedule in Eastern Kentucky. I am anxious for baseball to get rolling!

I could live with interchanging Pikeville and Belfry, but I had to give Belfry a little bit of respect for what they did last year. I know they barely squeaked by East Ridge to make it to the finals, but they did make it, and your right if Runyon has a bad year, Belfry has a bad year! I think Allen Central will shocked some people but until they do, i have to keep them where they are.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:1. Lawrence County-champs until proven otherwise, plus the best player in the region in Chandler Shephard

I would also switch Belfry & Pikeville. Who is the new coach at AC? The new basketball coach isn't having much luck. What's ER's bullpen look like?
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:I would also switch Belfry & Pikeville. Who is the new coach at AC? The new basketball coach isn't having much luck. What's ER's bullpen look like?

Josh Todd, I think that's his first name, he is at AC now. If he can put some discipline in those kids they will turn out to have a great year. I could stand switching the two but Pikeville lost a lot too, and they didn't prove that much at the end of the year, their only upside right now is that Huffman will be throwing.
Next season will be fun to watch. Pitching will be the key to how far a team goes this season. But, I do see in the near future that we will see some very good battles for Region between Belfry and Paintsville. Both teams have some very good young talent.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I could live with interchanging Pikeville and Belfry, but I had to give Belfry a little bit of respect for what they did last year. I know they barely squeaked by East Ridge to make it to the finals, but they did make it, and your right if Runyon has a bad year, Belfry has a bad year! I think Allen Central will shocked some people but until they do, i have to keep them where they are.

You are correct.. Preseason polls are based on what teams do in the previous year.. Making it to the Region finals is a great feat, so I will have to agree in leaving them there until proven otherwise.:igiveup:
3 of the first 5 you have listed are in the 57th. You are right to list them at the top, Sheldon Clark, another team from the 57th could make the regional tournament. The 58th, 59th, and 60th district have been weak for the last few years. Each team has their top pitcher to throw the 1st game of the regional tournament or save him and I think this could be the best regional tournament in years.
dadawgs Wrote:3 of the first 5 you have listed are in the 57th. You are right to list them at the top, Sheldon Clark, another team from the 57th could make the regional tournament. The 58th, 59th, and 60th district have been weak for the last few years. Each team has their top pitcher to throw the 1st game of the regional tournament or save him and I think this could be the best regional tournament in years.

It very well could be, but I still think that LC has the best 1, 2 punch with Shephard and Moore as the #1 and #2 pitchers. If LC has a third pitcher to emerge throughout the year that can beat a mediocre team in the first round I think they will most likely repeat, but that is all it comes down to, who has the best top 3 pitchers on their team who can matchup with anybody, and I think LC right now has that better than anybody. I don't know of anybody really that can match up with Shephard and if Cody Moore keeps getting better like he has there may not be anybody that can match up with him either.
Exactly pre-season polls are pointless.

Lawrence County graduated alot. Plus Pikeville, i dont think they'll be good at all. The only two teams who didnt graduate alot were Belfry and Pike Central so they should do well. But PC being all season road team with first game of the year Lawrence County, it will be tough for the Hawks
If anyone wants to pick up some freshman games vs Sheldon Clark please email me back at [email]chaldog@yahoo.com[/email] or call 395-6731. Please leave a message and I will get back with you asap. Thanks, Coach Slone
chaldog Wrote:If anyone wants to pick up some freshman games vs Sheldon Clark please email me back at [email]chaldog@yahoo.com[/email] or call 395-6731. Please leave a message and I will get back with you asap. Thanks, Coach Slone

It seems pretty hard to get a Freshmen game these days. Baseball is givin up more than any other sport around here and its just sickening. After Little League most kids are done.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:They will be one of the favorites, and have two good returning pitchers, but your puzzling me with the statement that they return most of their offense. I guess Hayes, Laney, Cyrus and gang was nothing. They may still have some offensive firepower but they lost a bunch of it too.

i have to admit they lost the best catcher they've had in years...but they will be a favorite in the region....and they do still have some offensive power..

LC has my vote

SC had the potiential to be a good team last season....but they were too hot-headed....i watched one game which was SC vs. Matewan......and althought the boys from Matewan were disrespectful, didn't give the SC boys reason to do the same..these boys need to keep their calm and play some ball...they could do well this season
Dawg@heart Wrote:I think JRS has it correct-jealousy runs rampant in Louisa.

i guess you're right
Looks like they just breed ballplayers in the 57th in recent years, not meaning that in any negative way towards any of the teams in the other districts. My pick goes to either Lawrence or JC this year. Lawrence will go as far as Chandler takes them with his arm and Miller with his bat. I remember last years Miller being named MVP of the 15th region tourny so that is why i am making this assumption. MY top 10 would be.........
1. Lawrence County

2. Johnson Central

3. Pikeville

4. Belfry

5. Allen Central

6. Paintsville

7. East Ridge

8. Magoffin County

9. Sheldon Clark

10. P-burg
ol'dad07 Wrote:SC had the potiential to be a good team last season....but they were too hot-headed....i watched one game which was SC vs. Matewan......and althought the boys from Matewan were disrespectful, didn't give the SC boys reason to do the same..these boys need to keep their calm and play some ball...they could do well this season

Attitude reflects leadership...........
What does 1.7 pop time mean?
DIK_insider_23 Wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the new transfer at SC from Florida? Rumor has it that he has a 1.7 pop-time and is a good pitcher as well.

Smile He should be a pro if he has a 1.7 pop time. Most MLB catchers pop time range is anywhere from 1.8 - 1.99. So I seriously doubt that he has a 1.7 unless he is some sort of once in a lifetime catcher.

lawrencefan Wrote:What does 1.7 pop time mean?

A scout will time a catcher's throw to second base by starting his stopwatch as the ball hits the catcher's glove and he stops it when the ball is caught at second base.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lawrence LC Wrote:chandler wont lead nothing ...he isnt the leader on lawrence county baseball team

I'm pretty sure that you are wrong. Chandler is the best pitcher in the region and he was a big part in us making it to the state final last year. Stop hating on your own schools players.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Attitude reflects leadership...........
Rolleyes
Come on Rabbit, before taking a cheap shot, at least remember this...
I don't think he has ever gotten his school fined or on probation for not being able to control himself and contacting an umpire.
On the biggest stage there is, to beat it all. That's what was so embarrassing. That, or either the fact it was a moot point to be arguing to begin with.

That said, I think it's a consensus that either LC or JC will come out of this region again.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Rolleyes
Come on Rabbit, before taking a cheap shot, at least remember this...
I don't think he has ever gotten his school fined or on probation for not being able to control himself and contacting an umpire.
On the biggest stage there is, to beat it all. That's what was so embarrassing. That, or either the fact it was a moot point to be arguing to begin with.

That said, I think it's a consensus that either LC or JC will come out of this region again.

Oh theres not cheap shot, i agree with you on both points. What i said early and what you commented on about the state tournament. I agree with you what happened down there was really sad, and there is no room for any coach to act that way.
Last year watching Sheldon Clark they were very undisciplined. I was surprised a coach would put up with that.