Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC's New Coach Prediction
How does everyone think Pike Central Lady Hawks' new coach will do?
I think he will do good. It will be an adjustment period for him and he girls getting used to his style of coaching and play. He is a good guy. I wish him the girls all the best.
reds44 Wrote:How does everyone think Pike Central Lady Hawks' new coach will do?

I expect Gary to do well there. I think he has the ability to be a really good high school coach. I just hope people don't try to compare him and PC to Butcher and PC of the last few years. I hope he and the team are allowed to develop their own style and identity.
Who will be the key players for PCC?
IMO,AD Slone,Holly Harris,Abby Coleman, Hannah Thompson,Kayla Ratliff, Bri Hatmaker, Olivia Hamilton,And some help from the rest of the girls,Good luck this season, To all the Lady Hawks.They still have load's of talent on the team.
Hoping for the best from PC =]
Isn't Courtney Mercer the coach?

I'd want her on my sidelines ill tell you that. She's a great coach
If...Then Wrote:Isn't Courtney Mercer the coach?

I'd want her on my sidelines ill tell you that. She's a great coach

Gary Fields is the new head coach. Mercer and Coomer stuck around as assistants.

I think Gary will do a good job, I had a chance to coach with him a few times at Mullins last season after he and Phillip Birchfield asked me to and he really knows his stuff. I think they will have a great team, with a coach who really emphasizes defense. I see them making region and making it to at least the semi-finals. Just to early to tell as to how the loss of Lowe will effect the team. They did have a very nice summer though, playing very well in Richmond.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Gary Fields is the new head coach. Mercer and Coomer stuck around as assistants.

I think Gary will do a good job, I had a chance to coach with him a few times at Mullins last season after he and Phillip Birchfield asked me to and he really knows his stuff. I think they will have a great team, with a coach who really emphasizes defense. I see them making region and making it to at least the semi-finals. Just to early to tell as to how the loss of Lowe will effect the team. They did have a very nice summer though, playing very well in Richmond.

Oh hmm, best of luck to him and the team. But yeah they lost 1 of the 2 Twin Towers. AD Slone is still around for her final season. IMO Kayla Lowe could've went farther and bigger than she did college wise
If...Then Wrote:Oh hmm, best of luck to him and the team. But yeah they lost 1 of the 2 Twin Towers. AD Slone is still around for her final season. IMO Kayla Lowe could've went farther and bigger than she did college wise

Well on top of that the season befor last they lost Ratliff which makes a big diffrence as well. Now I know Harris, Coleman and K. Ratliff and party are still there but losing those two in back to back years kills you.

I agree and she did have better offers, but she saw something in Murray State and I think it will work out great for her. I mean heck they did make the NCAA tournament last year!
[COLOR="Blue"]Who is Party?
I think pc will do good.[/COLOR]
Traintracks55 Wrote:Who is Party?
I think pc will do good.
"party" meant the rest of the back court
Gary Fields is not only a great guy but as you will come to see he'll be a good coach.
[COLOR="Blue"]Agreed
[/COLOR]
Yea Gary was my 8th grade couch and hes a really good coach who doesnt put up with any crap
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:IMO,AD Slone,Holly Harris,Abby Coleman, Hannah Thompson,Kayla Ratliff, Bri Hatmaker, Olivia Hamilton,And some help from the rest of the girls,Good luck this season, To all the Lady Hawks.They still have load's of talent on the team.

Couldn't have said it any better...
i heard from a very reliable source that kayla ratiff will not be playing this season for the lady hawks
Its_my_opinion Wrote:i heard from a very reliable source that kayla ratiff will not be playing this season for the lady hawks

care to explain why?
Does anyone know why Kayla Ratliff is not going to play ball this year, She has so much talent, She was the top 3-point shooter in the state her freshman year, She is so good I just don't get it, But I guess I don't have to, HaHa,, But I wish her all the best in what ever she does, I for 1 am going to miss seeing her play ball.
Good Luck this year PC
is that official about Ratliff not playing?
i heard she wasnt playing also
PC will still be dominant and will have a great year. he is a good coach and they are a tough team
Try outs for the Lady Hawk Basketball Program were last week, and to my knowledge, Kayla Ratliff did not attend any of the try out days. Therefore, I do not think she'll be playing. IMO, bad call on her part, however, I wish her the best as well as the Lady Hawks and their newly aquired coach.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:care to explain why?
Seems she had some personal things going on as most 16 yearolds do. she had not known for sure what she wanted to do, but has apparently said she does want to play. guess it's up to the coaches since she did miss tryouts. hope they get it lined out would hate to see her miss playing for her indecision,maybe some sort of discipline and they can work it out. she is a good kid, with no pryor problems. best wishes to KK and the LADY HAWKS.
I heard from a reliable source that after a recent vote held by the players, Kayla Ratliff will not return as a player for the Lady Hawks. That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread, however, it was mentioned, so, I figured it was needed.

To the thread topic. "So far, so good" is what I hear about new Head Coach Gary Fields. Will be be as good, if not better than the infamous Stephen Butcher? Who knows. Only time will tell. All I can say is, its the same girls, with the same talent, just new insight to (hopefully) improve the best team in the 15th.
GOOD LUCKY LADY HAWKS!
happy to say Ratliff was seen doing alot of running today at practice, so hopefully she can do what coach fields ask of her and the team can move forward. they should have a really good team and coach seems to have a good handle on things. Go LADY HAWKS and good luck Coach Fields.
Shakespeare Wrote:I heard from a reliable source that after a recent vote held by the players, Kayla Ratliff will not return as a player for the Lady Hawks. That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread, however, it was mentioned, so, I figured it was needed.

To the thread topic. "So far, so good" is what I hear about new Head Coach Gary Fields. Will be be as good, if not better than the infamous Stephen Butcher? Who knows. Only time will tell. All I can say is, its the same girls, with the same talent, just new insight to (hopefully) improve the best team in the 15th.
GOOD LUCKY LADY HAWKS!

Obviuosly, its not exactly the same girls as one in particular graduated and took her 22 point per game average with her. Talent in the cupboard ...yes...talented enough to be in the limelight and not in the shadows anymore counting on a Haley or a Kayla...we will see. Me thinks all will be well
hawkhead Wrote:Obviuosly, its not exactly the same girls as one in particular graduated and took her 22 point per game average with her. Talent in the cupboard ...yes...talented enough to be in the limelight and not in the shadows anymore counting on a Haley or a Kayla...we will see. Me thinks all will be well

"Me thinks" that's what I just said. Haha.

Losing TWO players in TWO years. Thats something to think about. Granted both players were key players for the Lady Hawks, it still doesn't mean that there are not other girls who have better or equal talent. Example: AD Slone. The Other Mighty Giant for the Lady Hawks. Often in Kayla Lowe's shadow, AD had some great times, just not as commented for it as Kayla, ya know?
(Just a thought.... If it haddn't been for PC's gaurds feeding the ball in to Lowe 96% of the time, how many points do you think she would have scored then?)

And as for Haley... Bless her heart. She's been out of high school for two years people. If anyone wants to talk about Haley Ratliff anymore, maybe you should try going to the College Basketball Forum. Honestly. She had her time. Now its gone -- at least in High School. lol.
What is the latest word on Kayla?