Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
79.63%
St. Thomas More, ON
20.37%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Thomas More, ON vs. Johnson Central - Sept. 5
I'll take JC by 28.
On another board they say they can hit with JC. They said something about hitting a #60 a couple of years back making a statement on how tough they are.

Central should roll in this one.
How can everybody be so confident about playing against a team that nobody knows anything about, other than they are the defending National Champs of Canada.:confused:
This game will be Boring
Ill have to go with Central in this one. They will have to take care of the football or it might be a close game. But I see Central winning by atleast 3 Td's.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:How can everybody be so confident about playing against a team that nobody knows anything about, other than they are the defending National Champs of Canada.:confused:

I agree with you Mr. Kimball. Who knows what this team is like. Being a defending National Champ of Canada has to say something! This game could possibly be the hardest game of the year for JC. Who knows? Did JC get any film on them?
JC winning big.
Johnson Central should be able to win this one by atleast 2+ touchdowns. St. Thomas More defeated Cleveland Heights, OH last season but Cleveland Heights is a very weak team in Ohio.

Plus I was just on http://www.calpreps.com, who is quite accurate, and I projected a matchup of JCHS vs. Cleveland Heights and it said that JC would win 40-14.

GO EAGLES!
Its still not hockey. I'll stick with the Americans.
Call Me The Breeze Wrote:I'll take JC by 28.

Based on what?
From what i have read about this team they are used to playing with 12 men on the field and getting points ways you cant in the states, but im not sure how they will play but it has to be a disadvantage without that extra man on the field that ur used to having ur back.......ill take JC by 2.......22-20
Don Carlo Wrote:Based on what?
On how they played Cleveland Heights, OH last season.
Ironton did play St. Thomas More in the 2006 season and did beat them 27-7 that year, and STM won the Golden Horseshoe Bowl that year also (which is not so much a national championship, but actually more a regional title, but it's still a region that includes that cities of Toronto and Hamilton and several other towns around Lake Ontario with several million people total). So that's how Ironton did against a Horseshoe-bowl champion caliber team two years ago. For whatever that's worth. Cleveland Heights, the team STM beat last year in Ohio 32-19, was 3-7 on the season.
Diogenes Wrote:Ironton did play St. Thomas More in the 2006 season and did beat them 27-7 that year, and STM won the Golden Horseshoe Bowl that year also (which is not so much a national championship, but actually more a regional title, but it's still a region that includes that cities of Toronto and Hamilton and several other towns around Lake Ontario with several million people total). So that's how Ironton did against a Horseshoe-bowl champion caliber team two years ago. For whatever that's worth. Cleveland Heights, the team STM beat last year in Ohio 32-19, was 3-7 on the season.

Finally someone gets on here and actually explains why JC will win.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Finally someone gets on here and actually explains why JC will win.

I have no idea if we'll win or not, I'll say that right up front. I looked through their team web page from last year, and although they don't have any heights or weights posted, there are some kids on there who certainly look as if they could be athletes. Cleveland Heights, although 3-7, does have nearly 2000 students and plays in Ohio's Division I, so I suspect that they'd probably fare a little better if they played in EKY.

In Central's favor, I did also see on the OFSAA's web site that STM ran the ball 38 times and passed it only five in their championship game last year, so if they're a predominantly running team, that also plays into Central's hands. It will also be STM's first game, and it won't count on their league record, so they may be treating it like a scrimmage (i.e. playing more players than usual, working on plays they don't normally run). All things to take into consideration.
Diogenes Wrote:I have no idea if we'll win or not, I'll say that right up front. I looked through their team web page from last year, and although they don't have any heights or weights posted, there are some kids on there who certainly look as if they could be athletes. Cleveland Heights, although 3-7, does have nearly 2000 students and plays in Ohio's Division I, so I suspect that they'd probably fare a little better if they played in EKY.

In Central's favor, I did also see on the OFSAA's web site that STM ran the ball 38 times and passed it only five in their championship game last year, so if they're a predominantly running team, that also plays into Central's hands. It will also be STM's first game, and it won't count on their league record, so they may be treating it like a scrimmage (i.e. playing more players than usual, working on plays they don't normally run). All things to take into consideration.

I understand, and you may be right.
Diogenes Wrote:Ironton did play St. Thomas More in the 2006 season and did beat them 27-7 that year, and STM won the Golden Horseshoe Bowl that year also (which is not so much a national championship, but actually more a regional title, but it's still a region that includes that cities of Toronto and Hamilton and several other towns around Lake Ontario with several million people total). So that's how Ironton did against a Horseshoe-bowl champion caliber team two years ago. For whatever that's worth. Cleveland Heights, the team STM beat last year in Ohio 32-19, was 3-7 on the season.

If I'm not mistaken STM has not lost a game since losing to Ironton in 2006. Ironton fans said that they were a very physical team then, which makes sense if they are basically a running team.
I will see if i can get any info on this team i have friends that live there
JC by 14. Calpreps has 2008 JC beating 2006 Ironton by 7, so I'll take JC by 14, because STM won't be used to how American Football is played, especially only having 11 players in the US game.
Any body want to make a little wager that Johnson Central won't win? I 'm not talking money.Maybe not posting for 2 weeks or something.
I'll take that bet
I will go out on a limb and pick the Canadians. I feel they are the underdog and they are hungry. It takes a pretty serious program to play at a national level in the prep leagues. If JC does pull it out i will not be suprised either, but it will not be the blow out that many are claiming.
kybaseball Wrote:Any body want to make a little wager that Johnson Central won't win? I 'm not talking money.Maybe not posting for 2 weeks or something.

Huh, You just said in post #2 that Johnson Central would roll.:confused:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Huh, You just said in post #2 that Johnson Central would roll.:confused:

Huh? I am taking JC to win. :confused: I am saying who will bet JC won't win.
kybaseball Wrote:Huh? I am taking JC to win. :confused: I am saying who will bet JC won't win.

:Thumbs:
JC will roll over top this team.. It is like saying I am the USFA heavyweight kickboxing champion. No body else is in the USFA so that makes me the champ......
GET IT..
JC 63
STM 14
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
wel from what i was told that they are one of the best teams there so we will just have to wait untill the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th.
St. Thomas More

[attachment=o1200]
We are talking football and not hockey aren't we? No disrespect meant to our Canadien brothers but them beating JC ain't going to happen.Big Grin
brown_ind1977 Wrote:St. Thomas More

[attachment=o1200]
They look pretty cold! SmileSmile. They may go into shock because it will be about 70-80 degrees during the game.Big Grin