Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region 2009
what does every one think about the 16th and who wins it??
Boyd will win it.
I would think Greenup will be the one to knock off. They lost three starters. Although a key lost is #1 pitcher last year Tyler Heineman. They have several developing pitchers that might be able to give them a few good games but nothing close to Heineman level. GC is capable of having more offensive power. Boyd county,Ashland and East Carter will have very good chances to win the region.
Greenup is the front runner. Then i would say East would be next. Ashland,Boyd,Raceland and Lewis will come in there someplace.
Bath county just got a new coach in Brock Baber. Brock just graduated from UK where he was a pitcher for 4 years. I know a lot of athletes who say they're going to play now that he is the coach.
I'm not sure about this year just yet.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Bath county just got a new coach in Brock Baber. Brock just graduated from UK where he was a pitcher for 4 years. I know a lot of athletes who say they're going to play now that he is the coach.

Just curious how players does the team carry?
GC wins it again
I hope my Morgan Co. team can win it because they have improved drastically over the years and do have the talent and someone that can coach them too.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Bath county just got a new coach in Brock Baber. Brock just graduated from UK where he was a pitcher for 4 years. I know a lot of athletes who say they're going to play now that he is the coach.

Hats off to Bath for hiring a knowlegeable coach. Lewis has a few guys that would make a heck of a coach but they can't seem to get a shot at the job. Instead they force the current coach to try and coach 2 sports. He really needs to focus football. He is a good guy though but that's asking to much. Lewis has talent from the 6th grade up and if something isn't done it will go to waste.
What does Raceland have coming back? What are their chances in the region?
Jarons Wrote:What does Raceland have coming back? What are their chances in the region?

One thing about Raceland is they have the best coach in the region every year, and if they ever get the talent to match their coach they would do very well.
Raceland lost a good coach to Morehead.
Boyd, East, and Greenup are tops in the region until somebody proves otherwise
Impressive Wrote:Boyd, East, and Greenup are tops in the region until somebody proves otherwise

How in the world did East jump up as the top 3? What have they done in the past few years that has made them a region contender? If anything the only teams that have made a real shot is Boyd and Greenup, and I can see you saying that those two are on tops until someone knocks them off, but I don't know where East came in the picture....

East lost to Raceland twice last season, Rowan once, Greenup county once, Russell once(when it counted), Ashland once, and also a very mediocre team in Powell County. That hardly puts them in the top 3.

In 2007 they lost to Rowan, Lewis, Boyd, and two losses to Morgan county(one of those being an embarrassing loss in the district championship)

You can't go by records because then you have to weigh in their schedules and year in year out East Carter has the weakest schedule of any 16th region teams. All you have to do is look every year and you can see that, of course they will get the wins, but you have to look at who they have played. Whenever you play Fairview, Menifee, Elliot(more times than you have to), and Lewis Counties for more times than half your schedule, that is not even close to being a hard enough schedule to consider them a contender. Maybe that could be the reason that whenever they get to the district and regional tournaments they haven't had enough strong competition and they end up getting embarrassed.
What team is better that East other than Greenup and maybe Boyd?:confused:
kybaseball Wrote:What team is better that East other than Greenup and maybe Boyd?:confused:

Well obviously Russell, possibly Morgan County, and when they are having a good day Lewis County. I watched East play a few times last year and they got smoked every time. They are hardly one of the best teams in the region. Seriously, saying Lewis County may be better is pushing it, but the way i seen
East play last year you never know.
Elliott should be more competive this year, with veteran players back.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well obviously Russell, possibly Morgan County, and when they are having a good day Lewis County. I watched East play a few times last year and they got smoked every time. They are hardly one of the best teams in the region. Seriously, saying Lewis County may be better is pushing it, but the way i seen
East play last year you never know.

I respect your opinion but I just don't see any of these teams being better than East.

There is no doubt Lewis is better that Morgan and Russell.The thing that kills Lewis is not the lack of talent but the dedication from the coaches and some players just isn't there for them to compete the way they should.

Last year in the district Russell didn't beat Lewis poor decision making and being unprepared did. That starts at the top.
kybaseball Wrote:I respect your opinion but I just don't see any of these teams being better than East.

There is no doubt Lewis is better that Morgan and Russell.The thing that kills Lewis is not the lack of talent but the dedication from the coaches and some players just isn't there for them to compete the way they should.

Last year in the district Russell didn't beat Lewis poor decision making and being unprepared did. That starts at the top.

Ummmm Lewis wasn't the only team that Russell beat in the region was they?
Russell didn't beat Lewis in the region.

Thers's no dening Russell made a nice run in the regional tournament.
kybaseball Wrote:Russell didn't beat Lewis in the region.

Thers's no dening Russell made a nice run in the regional tournament.

I know they beat them in the district i was saying that Russell beat East in the region, i just worded it wrong.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I know they beat them in the district i was saying that Russell beat East in the region, i just worded it wrong.

I have been guilty of wording things wrong myself.Big Grin It should be interesting year in the 16th.

I really do wish Lewis would take their baseball program more seriously though.:mad:
East Carter

2008- 24-11...Beat Boyd..
2007- 20-8.. beating Greenup two times, 6-2 at their home field and 7-3 at home. 13 Mercy Victories
2006- 27-6...11 mercy victories.. should have went to state easily but Williams from Ashland pitched a gem at regionals and beat them 2-1.
2005- 19-13

There is not too many teams that can say they have won 90 games in the past 4 years.. That is why east carter is in the top 3..

East has great coaches that know the game better than most coaching staffs in the region..

I know what happened in other years have nothing to do with what this year brings, but east carter consistantly has great seasons. How can you say East isnt a top 3 team ???

Confusedhh:
Boyd Co. I've always liked watching their teams compete. So yea their my pick.
Impressive Wrote:East Carter

2008- 24-11...Beat Boyd..
2007- 20-8.. beating Greenup two times, 6-2 at their home field and 7-3 at home. 13 Mercy Victories
2006- 27-6...11 mercy victories.. should have went to state easily but Williams from Ashland pitched a gem at regionals and beat them 2-1.
2005- 19-13

There is not too many teams that can say they have won 90 games in the past 4 years.. That is why east carter is in the top 3..

East has great coaches that know the game better than most coaching staffs in the region..

I know what happened in other years have nothing to do with what this year brings, but east carter consistantly has great seasons. How can you say East isnt a top 3 team ???

Confusedhh:

I was hoping someone wouldn't bring their record up because that is something that is a joke and will always be a joke as long as their schedule remains what it is. Maybe the reason they have such great records and no championships is because of how weak their regualar season schedule is? Maybe they are not ready by the time the post season comes around. Im going to post the schedule's for each of the years that you posted records and if anyone can tell me that East Carter plays legit competition and can actually back it up then I want to hear it.

2008-lost to russell in region
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=26926

2007-lost to Morgan in the district-4 teams finished with better records
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=23943

2006-lost to ashland in region
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=21069

2005-lost to ashland in region, embarrasing losses to Rowan and Russell
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=18713

There is no way you can use their records from the past 4 seasons as a reason for them to be ranked high. Maybe you should post their post season record for these years also, in which they didn't make it past the first round of the region in any of the four seasons except last season where they were defeated by Russell in the semi's. You should also add they are an automatic team in the region considering their district is as weak as it is.
They have to play the weak teams in this region.. West elliott and morgan are all in their district.. gotta play those games... and have to play region games...
believe me, if their was any way they could play better teams.. they would.. just a fact that you have to play weak teams in the district and region.
Id like to know why you hate east so much.. Did we beat you every time we played ur team.. most likely
Impressive Wrote:They have to play the weak teams in this region.. West elliott and morgan are all in their district.. gotta play those games... and have to play region games...
believe me, if their was any way they could play better teams.. they would.. just a fact that you have to play weak teams in the district and region.
Id like to know why you hate east so much.. Did we beat you every time we played ur team.. most likely

Haha, actually it is the complete opposite, but I won't get into that. Just because someone has an opinion about a team doesn't mean it's personal, if you go back through my posts you'll see that I am the most unbiased person you will ever meet, but in saying that East could've played a better schedule. Greenup County has the same teams in the region to play that East does but someone their schedule is always ten times tougher. Lawrence County over in the 15th has to play some really terrible teams in that region, but they always year after year have the toughest schedule this side of Lexington. You can't play that whole "We have to play them routine," because that is not the case. Yea you do, but at the same time you are allowed 36 games in a season, go back and see how many times East has ever played 36 games in a regular season. The good quality programs always carry atleast 40-42 games because they know they will have rain outs and they want to make sure they get their 36 games in, but East never ever has done that, in fact it's the exact opposite, I bet there are over half of the teams in the 16th who play more games than East does in the regular season. Just don't get on here and accuse me of having something against another team because that is not the case, there are people who just have discussions on here about teams other than their own, try it sometime, and don't take everything so pesonal because it's not.
well .. 24+11= 35 , 27+6=34 last time i checked 34 and 35 are about as close to 36 games as you can get... we usually get around 4 or 5 rainouts a year.. and i know in 06 we had a couple rainouts and in 07 we had several.

1. Boyd
2. Greenup
3. East
4. Ashland probably
rest of the region could be in any order
Impressive Wrote:well .. 24+11= 35 , 27+6=34 last time i checked 34 and 35 are about as close to 36 games as you can get... we usually get around 4 or 5 rainouts a year.. and i know in 06 we had a couple rainouts and in 07 we had several.

1. Boyd
2. Greenup
3. East
4. Ashland probably
rest of the region could be in any order

Thats two years you put down, and you forgot the other two, 28 games, 32 games. How about we go back in 2004 when they were 16-15, or in 2003 when they were 14-12, and even in 2002 when they only played 30 games. If your going to list seasons don't forget those.