Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK vs SEC
I've been listening to a lot of sports call-in shows lately and I've heard people calling in saying UK will beat Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. While I think this is ridiculous I was wandering what you all thought about the Cats versus the SEC elites.
UK if the defense doesn't let down can play with Georgia. But on the flip side if UK's o-line don't do some major blocking we wont have any positive yards.

Uk has a shot against Bama. The Tide if they get on a roll would be hard to stop but just like the Georgia game, if UK's defense plays tough then we have a chance.

Tenn game we have no chance. It is at Tenn and we can't beat them. I don't care if they are down this year, we can't do it.
GA- L
Tenn- L
Bama- W
We Belive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMO our offense has to continue to get better every week and play turnover free against those three teams to give us a chance against them. IMO I think that our defense will play good enough to keep us in those games and give our offense a chance to score. Plus almost all of our defensive players were there last year when we upset #1 LSU. I think the fact that we play Bama and UT at there places it will hurt us because its tough to go into another SEC teams stadium and win. I know that we havent beat UT in 20 some years but I think that we have a chance this year with our defense and they are down this year. We will beat at least one of those three teams. I could us even beating two of them but we wont beat all three. I just hope we beat at least one of them and then beat the teams that we are supposed to beat and get into a good bowl game. Go Cats!!!!
It doesn't matter how good the defense is. If they are on the field for a large portion of the game, they will get tired and their play will become worse. Plus Georgia's offense is incredible. Alabama's is really good. I don't see UK even playing close to ANY elite team in the SEC.
It depends... Kentucky's offensive line needs to step up. The quarterback situation is a killer, also. UK might be in "outscore them" mode this year, I haven't seen the defense play.
Defense will give us a chance. The offense will have to get some production though. If not the D will be on the field all day long and will wear down.

Even though the QB situations isn't ideal. We have some great backs. Our biggest problem is our Oline. Until they can start making some holes, and creating some nice pockets for the QB, this O won't do much against other SEC D's.
UK in the SEC (IMO)
L-Bama 27-7
L- South Carolina 24-14
W-Arkansas 34-31
L- Florida 49-14
L-Miss. St. 21-17
L-Georgia 45-17
W-Vandy 28-24
L-Tennessee 38-28
-------the Miss State, Arkansas and Vandy games are almost toss ups, and they REALLY need to win 2 of 3 or all of those games in order to go to a bowl..this is just my opinion. UK has a decent team, but so does everybody else in the SEC..
I picked UK to go 6-6, and I still stick by that..the Louisville game was HUGE, and this game coming up is as well. UK really needs to win all of its non conference games to get a bowl bid. But I dont see UK beating any of the elites.
I believe that UK will beat Tennessee this year led by TN native Randall Cobb,who will be starting way before that game...We never seem to play well against good teams on the road so i say we lose in a close one to Alabama. The Georgia game is interesting because it is at Commonwelath. I will pick UK in an upset.:1: :1: :1:
I think we'll upset both Tennessee and Bama, Georgia will be tough though.
UK will get beat by Georgia.
UK will get beat by Alabama, but they will give them a great game.
UK will end the 23 year drought and beat Tennessee. Personally I can't wait until that game.
UGA-L by 17
Bama-W by 3.
Tenn-W by 13.
launchpad4 Wrote:I've been listening to a lot of sports call-in shows lately and I've heard people calling in saying UK will beat Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. While I think this is ridiculous I was wandering what you all thought about the Cats versus the SEC elites.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call Tennessee one of the SEC's "elite" teams. They got upset by a mediocre UCLA team and have not been a powerhouse for many years now. UK has played them close frequently in recent years, and should have won each of the last two games.

I also think Alabama isn't really one of the SEC's "elite" teams right now either, although Saban has them on the fast-track back to the top of the league.

To me, the elite teams in the league right now are Florida, Georgia, and LSU. Auburn, Tennessee, and Alabama would be considered the second tier.

I don't see UK beating Georgia, and knocking off Alabama in Tuscaloosa seems unlikely. But UK should have a decent shot at beating Tennesse.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm going to keep it real and say neither a win or loss. However its possible that UK can beat them. But If you look at the stats at the end of the three games mentioned you will see that UK will be that "team" that held them to such low numbers. Both offense and defense. I would love to see a perfect season, and a BCS bowl championship. With that being said It may not be this year but soon!!! Mr Brooks, Is doing a great job to break the "Bear Bryant Curse". I believe he will succed within the next few years.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
You are NOT going to win a BCS title with the kids they are getting. One 5-star recruit every few years can't compete with teams that are full of them. And I can't wait until UK gets beat by Bama, FL, and Tenn. so that I can laugh at you all for your unrealistic expectations. You have a decent team, sure you may slip up and beat Tenn, but NOT Bama, Georgia and Florida like many of you are saying. These teams have scout offenses better than UK's.
launchpad4 Wrote:You are NOT going to win a BCS title with the kids they are getting. One 5-star recruit every few years can't compete with teams that are full of them. And I can't wait until UK gets beat by Bama, FL, and Tenn. so that I can laugh at you all for your unrealistic expectations. You have a decent team, sure you may slip up and beat Tenn, but NOT Bama, Georgia and Florida like many of you are saying. These teams have scout offenses better than UK's.

Aye man, BELIEVE.
launchpad4 Wrote:You are NOT going to win a BCS title with the kids they are getting. One 5-star recruit every few years can't compete with teams that are full of them. And I can't wait until UK gets beat by Bama, FL, and Tenn. so that I can laugh at you all for your unrealistic expectations. You have a decent team, sure you may slip up and beat Tenn, but NOT Bama, Georgia and Florida like many of you are saying. These teams have scout offenses better than UK's.

Kentucky has proved that they can play with & beat teams full of 5-star players with 2, 3, & 4-star players. One notable opponent UK has defeated full of 5-stars is LSU, who won the national championship.

UK's offense will get better over the next few weeks as Hartline gains confidence and our line starts going through tougher practices.

I certainly believe that UK can play with Florida, Georgia, and Alabama but I don't think that we can defeat them. Our defense cannot carry the load the whole year. Our play calling has to improve and our offensive line has to start picking up their blocks in-order for Kentucky to be able to beat any of the teams listed above.

IMHO, I think that UK can beat Tennessee, Arkansas, Miss. State, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt.
IMO I think UK has a better chance of beating Georiga than they do Bama or Florida...not taking anything away from Georgia, I still think they are the best team in the SEC...but the Georgia game is a home game, that will help a lil....I dont think UK can win in Gainsville, and Bama is one of the toughest places to play in the nation as well..not to mention that Bama is much improved from last season and they destroyed Clemson who was supposed to be a top 10 team
Do you forget which team beat the national champs last year???
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I'll call it now. Vandy upsets UK. i love UK, but Vandy is good this year.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'll call it now. Vandy upsets UK. i love UK, but Vandy is good this year.

No way bro, Yes the Commodores did beat SC but No way they will beat UK!

I dont understand why you are saying that stuff when you started the thread? You dont start a thread about UK and then just bash them like that.
NIKE2010 Wrote:I dont understand why you are saying that stuff when you started the thread? You dont start a thread about UK and then just bash them like that.
He/she is obviously a "Doubting Thomas". Its just like any fan who thinks their team is better until they see it in person in a devestating loss. I quote from several on this thread by saying...

"We Believe" :argue:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
we will get killed by the good teams but we will still make a bowl.
If UK's offense can start playing better, and with Cobb as the starter, I think they can play with and beat Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee. I also think they can keep up with Florida, the supposed beast of the SEC. I may be a bit out of reach with my comments but I truly believe in what I said. Florida to me is overrated, all they have is Tebow and Percy Harvin, if UK or any team for that matter stops those two then Florida is very beatable. The only teams in I worry about UK playing are Vandy, South Carolina, and Mississippi St. Vandy can be explosive and god knows that UK struggles against any Spurrier coached team. Like I said, the offense has to play better, and as long as the defense can keep playing the way they have been, then I think they will shock some people. GO UK!!!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'll call it now. Vandy upsets UK. i love UK, but Vandy is good this year.

Cats will protect the Commonwealth and run the streak against Vandy to 6 straight.

We'll also beat Arkansas, Miss. State, and one of SC/Bama/UT.
RavenBoy Wrote:we will get killed by the good teams but we will still make a bowl.
Dude, haven't you seen the Defense operate?? Don't think anyone will "kill" us! It takes a Great Defense for a Good offense to win!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
them call in show, is people calling in and saying what they think, but will it happen, everone get lucky ever now and then.....
cj2561 Wrote:them call in show, is people calling in and saying what they think, but will it happen, everone get lucky ever now and then.....
HUH????
RUSSELL RED DEVILS