Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 20 - MTSU 14
Its funny how some of you actually thought this game would be a blow out.
If we dont give Cobb more PT at QB we will get destroyed by GA, FL, and Tenn.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I have been a season ticket holder for 15 years, I couldnt make tonights game, but will always be behind the Cats and Brooks is the best thing that has ever happened to this program. The QBs will more than likely continue to split time but you just set back and watch Cobb move on past Hartline as the season goes on because he can make things happen. Cobb can make things happen and has a strong arm, Hartline cant scramble and doesnt make the defense respect him as a scrambler and he struggles with anything down the field. Joker was forced to go to a short passing game tonight to acomodate Hartline and we still struggled to put points on the board.
I agree with you 100%
Let Hartline play the 1st 4 games and then dont play him when we start SEC play.
I was very pleased with Hartline's play tonight under-center. He threw the ball with much more confidence than the previous weeks. Tony Dixon is not our goto guy at running back right now because he doesn't have enough burst to get into the holes in time like Locke & Smith can. The receivers & tight-ends done a very good job tonight, especially Lyons & Drake. Lanxter still has a problem with not finishing hir route.

The defense give up some big plays tonight through the air but not on the ground. The spread has always give UK fits and their is only one other team that we will face this year that runs the spread and that Florida. Micah Johnson did get hurt midway through the 2nd quarter and was out for the rest of the game, but left with 10 tackles.

Our special teams looked good last night other than the field goals which cost us 12 points.

Kentucky is improving but we beat a team tonight that defeated Maryland by 10, and in case you didn't notice Maryland handed it to #23 Cal yesterday.
FYI, Randall Cobb did twist his ankle in the 1st quarter and they put a boot on him.
who all got injured yesterday and what is there injury status
Really the defense didn't play as bad as what the stats look. The run D was AWSOME.
Take away the first TD and the last hail marly and thats almost 140 yards less passing.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:who all got injured yesterday and what is there injury status

Micah Johnson & Randall Cobb both twisted their ankles and should be able to participate in practice this week. Ricky Lumpkin got hurt also but he was cleared to play in the 2nd half but the coaches never did sub him in. David Jones got hurt early in the 1st quarter but come right back in after setting out one possession.
Hey a win is a win. Congrats to the Cats on the hard fought victory against a tough Middle Tennessee team.
Congrats , to the Cats great job .
Good job Cats!!!! I hope we can get three more wins and go to a bowl....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

i just got this from ukathletics.com

Brooks reported that David Jones (hyperextended knee), offensive guard Stuart Hines (sprained ankle) and center Jorge Gonzalez (strained foot) would miss a few days of practice because of their injuries. In addition, three Wildcats will be out indefinitely because of high-ankle sprains, defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin, linebacker Micah Johnson and quarterback/wide receiver Randall Cobb.

Brooks noted that sophomore Will Fidler will move into the backup quarterback position in Cobb's absence. The coach also said that the open week will be used to resume competition for every position on the field and that he hoped to reduce the number of wide receivers being used from nine to approximately six in order to enhance consistency at those positions.
Congrats UK.
kentucky should have got beat that game. they wont get lucky in a few weeks. when they play alabama. the first real test.... they might get beat by WKY next week....
Its a good thing we have an off week...then WKU...need some heeling time before we head to Bama
I think this was uk's first challenge. Hartline played good but we need cobb back to help. Seems like the rest of the season will be interesting!!!
With Cobb and Johnson out indefinitely, I would consider this season a bust. Hartline is not starter material. He fumbled in the game, cant throw an accurate pass and cant scramble to get away from pressure. They didnt use the most explosive of the rb's, Derrick Locke, enough, if they had, the running game might have been alot better. Why recruit or even play a QB if you dont have the playbook for the type of QB Cobb is and can be? Same goes for recruiting Aaron Boyd and not even using him. I recant my statement from earlier in the week when I said this team could beat and surprise some teams this season. As long as Brooks and "The Joke" Joker Phillips has anything to do with this team, they are going to be mediocre at best. Steve Brown is doing a decent job with the defense, maybe he should be the head coach and bring in a new offensive coordinator. The defense is the bright spot of the team and thats saying alot because the secondary couldnt cover my grandmother and they miss too many tackles. Craddock for MTSU ate up the secondary the entire game and made them look stupid, well him and his recievers. UK will be lucky to win against Western and probably wont win one SEC game.
I think everyone needs to lay off Mike Hartline as well. I mean, he had 250+ yards and two TD's, and he would have had close to 300 with 4 TD's if his receivers would get their collective heads out of their butts and help him out. Every game has been a parade of dropped balls and wrong routes. Not too many QB's would be doing well with what Hartline has to work with.

Also, the offensive line has been a big disappointment as well. Everyone figured this would be a team strength, but so far the holes for the RB's have been few and far between. Locke and Alfonso Smith have the speed to break some long ones, but they can't make the holes for themselves.

As for Seiber, yeesh. I say send him back to Knoxville and let Tydlacka handle field goals from now on. Better yet, have Seiber start kicking for Tennessee.

At least we have three weeks to get healthy. An open date, then Western Kentucky the next week, gives us a chance to get guys healthy. And anyone who thinks Kentucky will be lucky to beat WKU, obviously didn't see what Indiana did to them a couple weeks ago. We will be able to rest anyone who is banged up and still win that game with ease.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:With Cobb and Johnson out indefinitely, I would consider this season a bust. Hartline is not starter material. He fumbled in the game, cant throw an accurate pass and cant scramble to get away from pressure. They didnt use the most explosive of the rb's, Derrick Locke, enough, if they had, the running game might have been alot better. Why recruit or even play a QB if you dont have the playbook for the type of QB Cobb is and can be? Same goes for recruiting Aaron Boyd and not even using him. I recant my statement from earlier in the week when I said this team could beat and surprise some teams this season. As long as Brooks and "The Joke" Joker Phillips has anything to do with this team, they are going to be mediocre at best. Steve Brown is doing a decent job with the defense, maybe he should be the head coach and bring in a new offensive coordinator. The defense is the bright spot of the team and thats saying alot because the secondary couldnt cover my grandmother and they miss too many tackles. Craddock for MTSU ate up the secondary the entire game and made them look stupid, well him and his recievers. UK will be lucky to win against Western and probably wont win one SEC game.

Uh.Rolleyes
FBALL Wrote:Uh.Rolleyes
Anything he posts i consider a joke and laugh about it. No one on this site listens to his garbage, if they do it causes an argument to which is what he is going after. Better to laugh and go on.
Was awesome game. Was actually the first game I ever been too! I finally was able to go to a game! 1 of the best experiences I have came across
C-A-T-S cats cats cats!
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:With Cobb and Johnson out indefinitely, I would consider this season a bust. Hartline is not starter material. He fumbled in the game, cant throw an accurate pass and cant scramble to get away from pressure. They didnt use the most explosive of the rb's, Derrick Locke, enough, if they had, the running game might have been alot better. Why recruit or even play a QB if you dont have the playbook for the type of QB Cobb is and can be? Same goes for recruiting Aaron Boyd and not even using him. I recant my statement from earlier in the week when I said this team could beat and surprise some teams this season. As long as Brooks and "The Joke" Joker Phillips has anything to do with this team, they are going to be mediocre at best. Steve Brown is doing a decent job with the defense, maybe he should be the head coach and bring in a new offensive coordinator. The defense is the bright spot of the team and thats saying alot because the secondary couldnt cover my grandmother and they miss too many tackles. Craddock for MTSU ate up the secondary the entire game and made them look stupid, well him and his recievers. UK will be lucky to win against Western and probably wont win one SEC game.
My father grew up in Monroe County, Kentucky, and they have a term called "hogwash". In my opinion this post is hogwash. Aaron Boyd is just recovering from mono. When you have mono, the spleen gets enlarged..This means it is full of blood. If you get hit in this area while the spleen is enlarged, you can bleed to death. The kid for Lawrence County ruptured his spleen a few years ago and just about bled to death. I am not sure if he had mono before this, but the point being you don't fool around with spleens. Joker Phillips has been a great offensive coordinator. Our offense is so much more versatile than it has been with previous regimes. You have a right to your opinion, but bring some facts and not just negativity next time.
So who is your favorite college team?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
I dont really have a favorite team, I like the sport as a whole. No one ever said you had to have a favorite. Call my posts hogwash all you want, it is what I believe and will stick by.
Raven Boy, when are you going to understand Hartline isn't the problem. I like Cobb just as much as the next person, but the receivers drop to many passes and until our coaches let our speedy backs bounce outside we aren't going to be scoring loads of points. Hartline was the SEC offensive player of the week, that must tell you something.
Micah Johnson is out 2-4 weeks and I believe Cobb is just questionable, can someone confirm what Cobb actually is listed as for us.