Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 08-09
Should be an exciting team to watch with the addictions of Adams,Potter, and King(if he gets eligible), but it will not be the same without Hammonds as the head coach
Knott will be alot stronger with them. They got the best jbs had. the are very strong players. To me the Adams kid will be the better one down the road has a very good glove good bat to but all of them do Knott is back in the mix . cant wait for the KNOTT an PERRY CENTRAL game. GO DORES
Adams already has WKU after him.
mr. baseball ive noticed you talking good about knott county next year. You make them sound like there the Yankees. They won 2 games last year i dont know why you make them out to be so good.
I will say this . That Knott will win more then 2 next year . Just look at what they got from JBS . They got 3 good gloves . Picthers all have good bats can play anywhere on the field even behind the plate. And that is coming from a Perry Central fan.
Does anyone know what Blake Smith is going to do?
kymom Wrote:Does anyone know what Blake Smith is going to do?

I think he is going to play Basketball and Baseball for KCC, not sure though.
Knott co will turn some heads at baseball time the 14th will be very strong this year. just look at what all the teams come back with. But Knott will be a sleeper. GO DORES
Knott will be better, but the additions of JBS won't make them a consistent winner. Let's see how well they do under Couch's direction.

As far as the eligibility part of the equation, if JBS is still going to field a team, it may be hard for the JBS players. I know one has been made eligible by KHSAA. He was the recipient of one of KHSAA's loop hole rules. The rest may have a harder time.

Also, some of the help that Couch has, not Maggard he's great, could be a problem. Too many hands in the soup pot.
Jeter_theman Wrote:Knott will be better, but the additions of JBS won't make them a consistent winner. Let's see how well they do under Couch's direction.

As far as the eligibility part of the equation, if JBS is still going to field a team, it may be hard for the JBS players. I know one has been made eligible by KHSAA. He was the recipient of one of KHSAA's loop hole rules. The rest may have a harder time.

Also, some of the help that Couch has, not Maggard he's great, could be a problem. Too many hands in the soup pot.

Smith is the only one I see not getting eligible, the rest where in Middle school last year.
What position does adams play
Pitcher an 3rd soild at each spot. can play anywhere.
Sounds like a all round good player
Knott Central is going to be a much better team than they where last year.
They only had a couple of solid players including the Mullins kid. Everyone is talking about the Adams guy but in my personal opinion the mullins guy is a much better player and athlete.I have heard that Morehead has looked at him.
I have saw all of these young players play and Its not even right to compare a freshman with a junior. Both are solid players at almost any position. The Adams boy will be a pure stud by the time he is a junior and senior.Mullins can play too. Both will play college baseball and do well. Dont forget Potter and King and some of the other young boys. If King gets eligible, they will have the deepest rotation in the region IMO. Knott County baseball will have to be dealt with in the next few years. Couch, will have them ready by season's end.
KCC and JBS will be one of the best teams ever in KHSAA history, other teams need to save their time and money due to gas prices now and forget the trip to KNOTT this year belongs to the 2009 state champs the Knott Co. Central Patriots and the June Buchanan Crusaders.....
Jeter_theman Wrote:Knott will be better, but the additions of JBS won't make them a consistent winner. Let's see how well they do under Couch's direction.

Who is helping Couch as assistants this year? I only heard he brought Maggard with him from the softball program. What was his record as softball coach??
triplemaniaman Wrote:KCC and JBS will be one of the best teams ever in KHSAA history, other teams need to save their time and money due to gas prices now and forget the trip to KNOTT this year belongs to the 2009 state champs the Knott Co. Central Patriots and the June Buchanan Crusaders.....

You were dropped on your head When you were a baby, weren't you?:p
Blocked Shot Wrote:Who is helping Couch as assistants this year? I only heard he brought Maggard with him from the softball program. What was his record as softball coach??

Well, things change. Al I know now is that Maggard is the assistant.

I'm not sure what Couch's record was with the softball team.
Amburgey and Richardson will help the pats out alot , amburgey can pitch and richardson can play about anywhere
Knott County????? I think the biggest question that should be for Knott County is if they will even be a .500 team this year?
frankie21 Wrote:Knott County????? I think the biggest question that should be for Knott County is if they will even be a .500 team this year?

They will be over .500, no doubt about that
Well I have a lot of doubts. When was the last time they had a good winning record? I just don't see how you can say that. They only had 2 wins last season and got mercy ruled around 15 times. Three people are not going to bring wins on a baseball team. Especially Knott County and them being in the 14th region. It's just not gonna happen. I'd be shocked if they won 10 games. Sorry!
frankie21 Wrote:Well I have a lot of doubts. When was the last time they had a good winning record? I just don't see how you can say that. They only had 2 wins last season and got mercy ruled around 15 times. Three people are not going to bring wins on a baseball team. Especially Knott County and them being in the 14th region. It's just not gonna happen. I'd be shocked if they won 10 games. Sorry!

If Potter and King are ruled eligible, then KCC should win 16-20 games. Here's some of the games on their schedule:
Buckhorn (2) lost top two pitchers to graduation
Jackson (2) lost top two pitchers to graduation and transfer
Leslie Co. (2) if Jimmy Joe isn't on the hill they are beatable
South Floyd (2) lost to KCC in '08
JBS (2) District Game - lost top players to transfer, will be lucky to field a team
Cordia (2) District Game - Hurt graduated
Jenkins (2) District Game - Lost 6 srs., new coach
Betsy Layne (2) lost 6 or 7 to graduation
Allen Central (2) should be down compared to last year
THAT'S 18 GAMES ON THE SCHEDULE THAT COULD BE WON.

I think it was a wise move by Couch to water down the schedule considering they only won two games last year. Got to have something to build on to gain some confidence. I think the last year that KCC had a winning record was in 2000. They've been to the region several times and won some district titles when they were still in the 55th district. Coach Hammonds always played a very tough schedule.
rawlingsfan Wrote:If Potter and King are ruled eligible, then KCC should win 16-20 games. Here's some of the games on their schedule:
Buckhorn (2) lost top two pitchers to graduation
Jackson (2) lost top two pitchers to graduation and transfer
Leslie Co. (2) if Jimmy Joe isn't on the hill they are beatable
South Floyd (2) lost to KCC in '08
JBS (2) District Game - lost top players to transfer, will be lucky to field a team
Cordia (2) District Game - Hurt graduated
Jenkins (2) District Game - Lost 6 srs., new coach
Betsy Layne (2) lost 6 or 7 to graduation
Allen Central (2) should be down compared to last year
THAT'S 18 GAMES ON THE SCHEDULE THAT COULD BE WON.

I think it was a wise move by Couch to water down the schedule considering they only won two games last year. Got to have something to build on to gain some confidence. I think the last year that KCC had a winning record was in 2000. They've been to the region several times and won some district titles when they were still in the 55th district. Coach Hammonds always played a very tough schedule.

Though I am very impressed with your knowledge of the area, I still do not see Knott winning 18-20 games. No matter the schedule. They have a new coach don't they, that will affect the players that have been there. And how are they going to be if Potter and King don't get ruled eligible. Either way two guys are not going to bring wins to an already mediocre team. It just won't happen. With that schedule I'll give them 12 games whether the two kids are eligible or not, and I'm being generous.
How many players will start for Knott that were there last year? The only player that I have heard mentioned has been Mullins.
Everyone seems to think that Seth Adams, Evan Potter, Blake Smith and Blake King will start if they get eligible. Anyone from Knott know if the rumors are true that Cox, Davis, Stamper and Amburgey from the basketball team are coming out?
Blocked Shot Wrote:How many players will start for Knott that were there last year? The only player that I have heard mentioned has been Mullins.
Everyone seems to think that Seth Adams, Evan Potter, Blake Smith and Blake King will start if they get eligible. Anyone from Knott know if the rumors are true that Cox, Davis, Stamper and Amburgey from the basketball team are coming out?

Only Couch knows that. And he'll make that decision based on performance during workouts, practice, and games.

Cox, Stamper, and Amburgey will not come out. Cox and Stamper are hoping to play college basketball.
frankie21 Wrote:Though I am very impressed with your knowledge of the area, I still do not see Knott winning 18-20 games. No matter the schedule. They have a new coach don't they, that will affect the players that have been there. And how are they going to be if Potter and King don't get ruled eligible. Either way two guys are not going to bring wins to an already mediocre team. It just won't happen. With that schedule I'll give them 12 games whether the two kids are eligible or not, and I'm being generous.

JBS went (15-11) last year with Adams, King, and Potter doing the majority of the pitching. While JBS didn't play a very challenging schedule, it is very similar to the teams KCC plays in '09.

Adams should be eligible as he was only in 8th grade last year. King and Potter were both freshman last year, so I don't know about them. IF King and Potter are not ruled eligible, then KCC will be lucky to hit double-digits in wins.
Jamie Couch will do a great job. He doesnt put up with ANY crap. He was a great player and he is a great role model to the kids. I heard there was a lot of bat shaving going on at JBS last year.
I think hammonds was a great coach . hammonds has forgot more about baseball than most people know