Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 08-09
I know they don't win any, but who do they have this year.
they return there entire team they didnt lose anyone from last years team
08-09? baseball last in one year.
im sure he meant 09
two words, state championship
JackFrost Wrote:two words, state championship

yea i see that happening i mean they have won 0 games in 3 years yeah i see a state championship in the near future
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:yea i see that happening i mean they have won 0 games in 3 years yeah i see a state championship in the near future

If you don't have faith in your team then you need to get your butt rooting for someone else!!
JackFrost Wrote:If you don't have faith in your team then you need to get your butt rooting for someone else!!

yea but thats a lil too high of standards
JackFrost Wrote:two words, state championship

That will never happen. You have to win a game first before you can ever start thinking about winning a state title.
Even though they have not been that good the past couple of years i believe they will be alright under their new head coach. They have some talent but, the coach didn't push them hard enough to get it out of them. They already had some players out there with natural talent. I have always heard players win games and coaches lose them, that could never be more true for the raiders baseball program. Their old coach made some of the worst calls I have ever seen in baseball. That is when he didn't have a hot dog or nachos in hand. He would pull pitchers who had only given up 2 or 3 hits and no runs because they had threw their 50 pitches. Last year 1 of the player told me that they only had 3 batting practices all year. The coach would tell them to do it on their own time, or he would tell them to go to a batting cage. All their practices consisted of was hitting a couple of ground balls to the infielders throwing to first, and a couple of pop flies to the outfield. I was told last year that the coach came to one of their practices 30 minutes late and left an hour early. But they will turn some heads under their new coach.
Who is the new coach?
Josh Hall
I hope the best for SF Baseball. GL Guys.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Tyler Mitchell one of SF better player underwent knee surgery yesterday but should be back for baseball.
Ok South Floyd I don't think will be improving much this year. Last year with the same players they didn't win a game. They are in the weakest district in the 15th region, having 3 teams in the bottom 5 of the region, South Floyd, Betsy Lane, and Allen Central. South Floyd will never contend for anything in baseball.
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:Even though they have not been that good the past couple of years i believe they will be alright under their new head coach. They have some talent but, the coach didn't push them hard enough to get it out of them. They already had some players out there with natural talent. I have always heard players win games and coaches lose them, that could never be more true for the raiders baseball program. Their old coach made some of the worst calls I have ever seen in baseball. That is when he didn't have a hot dog or nachos in hand. He would pull pitchers who had only given up 2 or 3 hits and no runs because they had threw their 50 pitches. Last year 1 of the player told me that they only had 3 batting practices all year. The coach would tell them to do it on their own time, or he would tell them to go to a batting cage. All their practices consisted of was hitting a couple of ground balls to the infielders throwing to first, and a couple of pop flies to the outfield. I was told last year that the coach came to one of their practices 30 minutes late and left an hour early. But they will turn some heads under their new coach.

wow sounds like they should have given him the pink slip a long time ago
catsfan08 Wrote:wow sounds like they should have given him the pink slip a long time ago

just about every player went to the AD and requested something be done and he done all he could but that didn't affect anything.
the south floyd raiders are a work in progress i kno that for a fact i have played for the last 3 years and this will make my 4th the last few years i have played alot of the players have blamed it on the coach well some of the blame could be laid on our former head coach but the players share some of the responsibility for their lack of hustle and the fact that none of them even act like they have the heart to play...
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:just about every player went to the AD and requested something be done and he done all he could but that didn't affect anything.
yes almost every player did that but as a player for the sf raiders baseball team i would like to point out that alot of the blame goes to the former coach but their is alot of us players that needs to accept some of the blame...

as one of the captains for this raider team i will not promise that this will be a team that wins the district or even wins a single game but this is what i will promise the attitudes of myself and my teammates will be different and we are ready to play some ball ..we will do our talking on the feild...

jc#14
baseballfanatic09 Wrote:yes almost every player did that but as a player for the sf raiders baseball team i would like to point out that alot of the blame goes to the former coach but their is alot of us players that needs to accept some of the blame...

as one of the captains for this raider team i will not promise that this will be a team that wins the district or even wins a single game but this is what i will promise the attitudes of myself and my teammates will be different and we are ready to play some ball ..we will do our talking on the feild...

jc#14

Best of luck to you and your team! Hopefully the seniors can help lay the groundwork for a turnaround for South Floyd baseball.
I think that the seniors and the new coach josh hall can turn this year around, if they get some good practices in and not just a couple balls to the in field and a couple pop ups to the outfield then they can do something. They have some good players that have talent and promise to be good players. good luck boys
KentuckyFried Wrote:I think that the seniors and the new coach josh hall can turn this year around, if they get some good practices in and not just a couple balls to the in field and a couple pop ups to the outfield then they can do something. They have some good players that have talent and promise to be good players. good luck boys

thanks for having faith..... JC#14
i agree that the old coach wasnt much, but in fact if you can play you can play....all he can do is put you out there, you still have to be able to catch throw and hit and i just dont think you guys are that god, i played for the same coach you all are bashing and my self i hit over 500 my senior year and played 3 seasons at alice lloyd so it isnt all the coaches fault for your program alot has to do with your alls attitudes and talent level. plain and simple
new coach will help them out a lot. good luck to everyone on the team.
A good coach can't turn this team into a contender. They will need to wait til this team clears out and starts over. I played against these guys and all they did was joke around on the feild. They had no heart at all. You have to believe you can win before you can win.
Hope these guys play hard this year. Good luck in this season Raiders!
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:A good coach can't turn this team into a contender. They will need to wait til this team clears out and starts over. I played against these guys and all they did was joke around on the feild. They had no heart at all. You have to believe you can win before you can win.

Joking around out there is alot better then just giving up and putting your head down, we still played, we just did it in a happy way, in a way that kept our spirits high, when you dont do anything in practice and your coach doesn't show up sometimes, you start to think of it all as a joke, a waste of time. A team needs a good coach, to discipline and to put heart in the boys, to make them believe in there selves like he believes in them, a good team starts with a good coach.
Lumberjack you sound to be a pretty good player, and I to hit around the same percentage last year but all I am trying to say is that to be a good hitter you have to practice hitting. It is hard to come into a high school game and hit the ball consistently without having batting practice. Our old coach told us to do it on our own time. We had maybe a total of three batting practices all year, other district teams had that many in a week. All I am trying to say is that they will be a better under the new coach than they was under the old. And us far as you thinking that we have no players thats your own opinion. I personally believe that we have some pretty decent players, such as Johnny Cochran, Cody Cook, and Tyler Mitchell. Plus we have some new players coming out that i really think will help.
I have watched this team in the past and wasnt really impressed with them and dont see much of a change but hopefuly coach hall will be able to prove me wrong I would like to see him and the senior do good this year he may change the attitude and the effort they put forth in a game but i dont think the record will show much but thats where it starts you work on the attitude and the effort put forth and then the wins will start to show GL Raiders!!!

You have just been hit by the Hard Hitter52!!!
KentuckyFried Wrote:Joking around out there is alot better then just giving up and putting your head down, we still played, we just did it in a happy way, in a way that kept our spirits high, when you dont do anything in practice and your coach doesn't show up sometimes, you start to think of it all as a joke, a waste of time. A team needs a good coach, to discipline and to put heart in the boys, to make them believe in there selves like he believes in them, a good team starts with a good coach.

well no matter what kind of coach you have, you as players should have taken it upon yourself to work hard and prepare for games. baseball isn't like basketball or football. there isnt as much game planning and strategy. if you can hit you can hit, if not you won't win. same goes for the defensive side of the ball. it would be different if SF baseball came close in their games but they were pretty much ALL blowouts and the teams mercy ruled them. sorry, but the players should take as much or more blame than the coach