Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central vs. Corbin
Perry Central travels to Corbin Tuesday for a match with the Redhounds. It should be close, something like 3-2 Corbin. Can anyone tell me who are the main threats for Perry Central?
Yea it should be a great game. Perry came off a win over pikeville last night where the played slugish but tonight will be the first game back for perrys starting keeper. Should be a fun game to watch. I say 3-1 Perry.
Corbin won by a score of 4-1.
Last night was a terrible game for perry. That was truly not the norm for that team. They are a much better team that did not show their true talent. They have many threats though. The two center mids watts and lunsford are a huge part of the team. The striker Valencia has great footwork and a good shot. He was injured and not playing vs. Corbin. Amis, the tall center back is an excellent defender and is especially dangerous in the box on corners and free kicks.
like I said earlier does not matter how good you are around this area Corbin is still the team to beat.
dores legend Wrote:Last night was a terrible game for perry. That was truly not the norm for that team. They are a much better team that did not show their true talent. They have many threats though. The two center mids watts and lunsford are a huge part of the team. The striker Valencia has great footwork and a good shot. He was injured and not playing vs. Corbin. Amis, the tall center back is an excellent defender and is especially dangerous in the box on corners and free kicks.

I was at the game and could see that Perry Central could be a dangerous team. The early Corbin scores seemed to take some of the wind out of their sails or possibly the long bus ride took it's toll as well. I was especially impressed by a couple of their players(#21 & #7)who will cause most teams in this region a lot of problems. Corbin played better last night than against either North or South Laurel(previous 2 games)and I thought both teams played a clean game with little fouling.

Did anyone on Corbin's team stand out last night?
http://www.myplays.us/pcc_phs/index.htm

A few shots of Perry Central's players in their game with Pikeville.