Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Browsers
If you are having a problem out of Spyware and Adware I suggest getting Mozilla Firefox
It is ten times better than Internet Explorer 6.0

But everyone usally wants to stick to what they know but if your a computer geek like me, you would diffently love Mozilla Firefox it is the greatest, it has alot of plugins and it is just a very good browser I have had no spyware or adware since I made the switch I might get some but if I do it is very little just run ad-aware and then go download Mozilla Firefox your computer will run better. :thumb:
"CraftCreeker" Wrote:If you are having a problem out of Spyware and Adware I suggest getting Mozilla Firefox

But everyone usally wants to stick to what they know but if your a computer geek like me, you would diffently love Mozilla Firefox it is the greatest, it has alot of plugins and it is just a very good browser I have had no spyware or adware since I made the switch I might get some but if I do it is very little just run ad-aware and then go download Mozilla Firefox your computer will run better. :thumb:

Yes, it is a very good browser. Just a little secret thought the new IE7.0 coming out is a practicallly a identical clone to mozilla firefox. It will ship with Windows Vista.

But right now your right. Mozilla is the best browser.

http://www.mozilla.com:thumb:
A couple of things I wanted to mention:

#1 It's rumored that IE7 will check to make sure urls are not phishing urls, spyware, etc etc. How will they do it? From what I've heard, it's ran against info in MS servers. I frown upon this.

#2 FireFox automatically prefetches information through links on a website. This can get you in trouble if you work at a place where inet access is restricted. To disable this, go to about:config and look for the network.prefetch-next option. Double click it and set it to "false" (without the quotes if you have to type it).
"torQQue" Wrote:Yes, it is a very good browser. Just a little secret thought the new IE7.0 coming out is a practicallly a identical clone to mozilla firefox. It will ship with Windows Vista.

But right now your right. Mozilla is the best browser.

http://www.mozilla.com:thumb:

Safari is the best browser. It also runs on a platform that's spyware-free.
Never heard of Safari but I do like Firefox. I don't use it myself but some friends and family members do, it's pretty good.
Firefox is the best one I've used.
Netscape I frown upon.
Internet Explorer I frown upon.
K-meleon just sucked.
Opera I didn't try for long.
Safari, is for apples.
"thetribe" Wrote:Never heard of Safari but I do like Firefox. I don't use it myself but some friends and family members do, it's pretty good.

Safari=[Image: http://images.slashdot.org/topics/topicapple.gif]

:rock:
Never heard of it.

What sets it apart from any other browsers really?
Mozilla is too slow.
If you have trouble with spyware, it's not IE's fault. I am on the internet practically all day whether at work or here, and if you are getting spyware, it's b/c of programs you have installed o nyour PC or sites you are visiting. I have never used anything other than IE and I have never had a virus or gotten spyware.
Firefox for me.......never had any speed problems at all.
Firefox rocks!
IE's biggest fault is the ActiveX controller and it's vulnerablities. Many websites can run through it and get onto your computer with malicious files.

If firefox is too slow for you, you can turn some settings up that will increase netspeed. However, the only time that Firefox has been slower than IE is when you initially boot the program. (iexplore.exe and firefox.exe)

Sure, it takes longer to boot, but probably only five seconds or so.
I'd also suggest Microsoft's new anti spyware, it's free to download.
my computer crashed after using firefox for a while. nothing todo with firefox itself, just a stupid coincidence
[quote author=CraftCreeker link=topic=11586.msg65751#msg65751 date=1126707027]
If you are having a problem out of Spyware and Adware I suggest getting Mozilla Firefox

[/quote]

If you are having trouble with spyware and adware I suggest going to http://www.downloads.com and downlloading AVAST! its free!
I suggest

Spybot Search & Destroy

The only problem i have seen with Mozilla, is it doesnt handle tabs very well. Sometimes its fine, sometimes it isnt....
I've never personally had any problems with the tabs, and this is the first I've heard of problems with them.

Internet Explorer might get better once the newer version comes out, set to launch with Windows Vista.. Which, from the looks of things is a very nice OS. Hope it does well after launch. It's very flashy, but very resource-hungry. All newer computers will basicly have it installed from the start. I'm just glad that I am done with XP.
the thing i dont like with firefox is the videos dont show up and when u down load the plug ins it still doesnt work.
I heard that in the newVista, that the Internet Explorer will fix the large security holes that is already in it, and that it will be more compatible with the ActiveX controls. I can only hope.

Still none the less, Firefox is the best out there, but I heard opera is rising fast.
I think they are completely taking out the ActiveX Controller in the new IE. Hope so, that thing is such a risk.