Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money = Power = Money = Power
"The will of the individual is not shattered, but softened, bent, and guided; individuals are seldom forced to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting: such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence; it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes and stupifies a people, till each nation is reduced to be nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd."
-Alexis de Toqueville ... Democracy in America

The 1% who own everything, puppeteer everything care not who wins the Presidency: their large contributions ensure their reign will go unimpeded.
thecavemaster Wrote:"The will of the individual is not shattered, but softened, bent, and guided; individuals are seldom forced to act, but they are constantly restrained from acting: such a power does not destroy, but it prevents existence; it does not tyrannize, but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes and stupifies a people, till each nation is reduced to be nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd."
-Alexis de Toqueville ... Democracy in America

The 1% who own everything, puppeteer everything care not who wins the Presidency: their large contributions ensure their reign will go unimpeded.

I agree, because the average American has become too fat, bloated and apathetic to become intelligently informed on any matter which really matters. As long as we get our "bread and circuses", we'll continue to be the slave of whatever group wants to control us whether they be liberal or conservative.
lawrencefan Wrote:I agree, because the average American has become too fat, bloated and apathetic to become intelligently informed on any matter which really matters. As long as we get our "bread and circuses", we'll continue to be the slave of whatever group wants to control us whether they be liberal or conservative.
Amazingly enough You and I totally agree on this one!