Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Players thats are playing for college
does anyone know where players have went to play at the college level???
yeah Josh Napier for Estill is playing at Lindsey Wilson, Jacob Isaacs is attending Alice Lloyd. and Ryan Boian is attending Lindsey Wilson
John Adams from Letcher Co. Central (3B/SS the year they won it) Is in his sophmore year at Pikeville. Also I think Couch from PCC is still at Lincoln Memorial University.
Oh and also, Devin Pelfrey Powell counties catcher last year is also playing at Lindsey Wilson
Cory Brewer is playing at University of the Cumberlands.
yeah, i wasnt 4 sure where Brewer went
Kyboy13 Wrote:John Adams from Letcher Co. Central (3B/SS the year they won it) Is in his sophmore year at Pikeville. Also I think Couch from PCC is still at Lincoln Memorial University.

Couch is at LMU where he will be getting a lot of playing time in his sophomore year, on a good D-2 team.
Do you kno what position he's playing at LMU?
Last year Couch played second and third. He told me he likes third, but I'm not sure of his postition yet this season, I would imagine third.
Brewer is a Beast now...i heard he got clocked in the mid 90's
Coach Shelton put Cory on the JV squad at Cumberland and he is throwing in the low 80's.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:yeah Josh Napier for Estill is playing at Lindsey Wilson, Jacob Isaacs is attending Alice Lloyd. and Ryan Boian is attending Lindsey Wilson
Napier, Boian, and Pelfrey are all transferring to Alice Lloyd for the spring semester.
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:Brewer is a Beast now...i heard he got clocked in the mid 90's
Hmmm. I find that hard to believe. I know he threw in the 80's for his senior year. Moving to the mid 90's in less than a year. Doubtful.
Godspeed Wrote:Hmmm. I find that hard to believe. I know he threw in the 80's for his senior year. Moving to the mid 90's in less than a year. Doubtful.

Yea there is no way that is possible unless something happened like it did in Rookie of the Year but i doubt it
Cory Brewer is a great kid and baseball player. It is possible to grow that much under Coach Shelton. Who really knows how hard he is throwing? Who cares? He is playing college baseball because of his tallent and no one can take that away from him. At least he didn't get to play college baseball because of someone he knew or who his DAD was friends with, he earned it.
JustTrying Wrote:Cory Brewer is a great kid and baseball player. It is possible to grow that much under Coach Shelton. Who really knows how hard he is throwing? Who cares? He is playing college baseball because of his tallent and no one can take that away from him. At least he didn't get to play college baseball because of someone he knew or who his DAD was friends with, he earned it.

I don't think anybody denies the fact the kid should be playing, they were just saying how hard it would be to jump up that much in velocity. Im sure he earned and deserves every ounce of everything he gets, and I wish him luck up there. I did not mean anything i said in a negative way if that's the way you took it.
Ok, but it is possible for pitchers fastballs to just 5-6 MPH when they get to college and grow. That is all that I am saying.
JustTrying Wrote:Ok, but it is possible for pitchers fastballs to just 5-6 MPH when they get to college and grow. That is all that I am saying.

Oh yea i would agree with that, amazing things can happen whenever you put the work in.
JustTrying Wrote:Ok, but it is possible for pitchers fastballs to just 5-6 MPH when they get to college and grow. That is all that I am saying.

It's very possible but there more to pitching than velocity. When you get to college more focus is placed on location and speed changes. I dnt care how hard you throw, you grove one and 1 through 9 can knock it out of the park.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Coach Shelton put Cory on the JV squad at Cumberland and he is throwing in the low 80's.

I checked and in december and they didnt have the roster posted at that time. I did just check after reading this because i had forgetten and was currious and found out he is on both varsity and jv, but it doesnt matter on the speed in college, but location and off speed pitch's. and as far as mid 90's..mmmm now mid 80's i believe. but good luck to him.
DoItBig Wrote:I checked and in december and they didnt have the roster posted at that time. I did just check after reading this because i had forgetten and was currious and found out he is on both varsity and jv, but it doesnt matter on the speed in college, but location and off speed pitch's. and as far as mid 90's..mmmm now mid 80's i believe. but good luck to him.

Thanks for updating that for us, and i agree with you about the other.