boyd co.
east carter
west carter
ashland
lex cath.
mcnabb (magoffin co.)

games start at 9:45am today 9/27/08
:letsparty
what a exciting tournament. there was some very talented players there. mcnabb had a nice little point guard and a good post player, boyd co. had a real little girl that gave it her all every play, and then there was i think the coaches daughter that was a very nice player just didn't have much help. east carter won the tournament with a balanced attack having several above average players and the most athletic big in the tournament, they were very well coached. however they had to be to beat verity which had a very good team themselves with 4-5 solid players, but also the x-factor in their point guard which was by know question the best player there, intimadating on defense, and couldn't be guarded one on one, east carter used 3 girls to contain her. lewis co. also had a nice big girl that moved well but needed more around her. however i thought lca would have been more impressive being out of lexington. however it was a good tournament showing what this side of the state is doing as far as girls basketball. bright future down the road
Boyd Co has a good point guard, with a nice outside shot. I think she plays on the 7th grade team, too.
yeah i've seen her play she does have a nice little shot, however you would see it more if she played the 2 or 3 spot instead of the point. she struggles to create from there but has to play there due to lack of ball handling on her team.