Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
26.09%
Johnson Central
73.91%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Paintsville - Oct. 2
Apple bowl need I say more. Just hope both teams make it though this with out injuries.
Well of course we all expect JC to win but in my opinion if a 5A school can't beat a 1A school they should be embarrassed. Its kinda like if you win big deal you beat a 1 A school and if you lose then you got beat by a 1A school and just to be honest if you go by the size of the schools and the amount of kids JC has to pick from Paintsville should never beat them in any sport.

Good luck to both teams and be safe!!
As much as i hate to say it JC will win. But I look for the Tigers to atleast compete. 50-21 is my final score.
I'd say JC will do what they want with this one and rightfully so.

JC-62
PHS-6
Ill take Paintsvulle
RavenBoy Wrote:Ill take Paintsvulle

LOL
gettheball Wrote:Well of course we all expect JC to win but in my opinion if a 5A school can't beat a 1A school they should be embarrassed. Its kinda like if you win big deal you beat a 1 A school and if you lose then you got beat by a 1A school and just to be honest if you go by the size of the schools and the amount of kids JC has to pick from Paintsville should never beat them in any sport.

Good luck to both teams and be safe!!

Several years back it did not matter whether JC was 5A or Pville was 1A the competition was there. Now that JC is more dominate it's all about what class each team is in. When Pville was winning the games no one cared was class they were in. Now, It's all about the ability to win.
Painstville needs this game more than Johnson Central, for other reasons than football. IMO this game should be discontinued and have Apple Classic like back in the 90's when the 2 teams missed up the schedule and missed apple day weekend. This game has lost all competition and luster, I just hope no one is injured. JC by as many as they want. Paintsville has some nice athletes, but JC line play will controll this game.
JC in a big way! This game is not the same anymore, not fun to watch. I hope both teams stay injury free!!!
jc... not even worth watching...
Central big
Ugh, lol! After the dominance of Woodford Co., If the coaches let them I hate to say they could rush for 1500 yards, but ill take JC 63-14.
JC by however many mayney wants it to be......no one looks at the fact that paintsville can recruit but its always central is bigger...who cares when paintsville was wearing central out no one was throwing a fit cause paintsville can recruit so get over it.......and it dont matter if central had 10,000 and paintsville had 1,000....on the football field u r only allowed 11 players on offense and 11 on defense......imo matney just has the tigers number and no one likes that
AmazingFan Wrote:Several years back it did not matter whether JC was 5A or Pville was 1A the competition was there. Now that JC is more dominate it's all about what class each team is in. When Pville was winning the games no one cared was class they were in. Now, It's all about the ability to win.

While that's true, understand it's an indictment on how badly Johnson Central had squandered all of its advantages in previous years.

Now that Central has its act together, this matchup now goes the way it should always have been. It's NOT a big deal to beat Paintsville (for Central), and, what's more, it never should have been.

Though not to the same extent, the same kind of thing is now happening in Pike County with Belfry's annual win over Pikeville. Yes, the win is good for the bigger school, but they should almost always be be -expected- to win.
Big_Wiggle33 Wrote:JC by however many mayney wants it to be......no one looks at the fact that paintsville can recruit but its always central is bigger...who cares when paintsville was wearing central out no one was throwing a fit cause paintsville can recruit so get over it.......and it dont matter if central had 10,000 and paintsville had 1,000....on the football field u r only allowed 11 players on offense and 11 on defense......imo matney just has the tigers number and no one likes that

Someone preferring to attend the city school isn't "recruiting". Besides, Paintsville is no more allowed to recruit than is any other public school.

Paintsville, by and large, has had much more stability in their athletic programs, not to mention the appeal in playing for a recently retired coach (in another sport). Also, it's been parents wanting to send their child to a better academic school, or a safer school environment.

Much of that is now disappearing. That's good for Johnson Central and good for all students of the county.

Wink
as bad as i want paintsville to win. there not goin to jc 35 paints 13

go pville
Eagles 52 Tigers 14
Well the rushing record is 710 yards in one game you can correct me if i am wrong. That record will be broken this weekend! Paintsville will see a lot of the JCHS JV team second half. Paintsville might score once if there lucky. Sorry tigers look past this game, and prepare for your next opponent. You mess with the bull you get horn or should I say beak.

JCHS 70 Paintsville 0
oneijoe Wrote:While that's true, understand it's an indictment on how badly Johnson Central had squandered all of its advantages in previous years.
Now that Central has its act together, this matchup now goes the way it should always have been. It's NOT a big deal to beat Paintsville (for Central), and, what's more, it never should have been.

Though not to the same extent, the same kind of thing is now happening in Pike County with Belfry's annual win over Pikeville. Yes, the win is good for the bigger school, but they should almost always be be -expected- to win.

I hope that one of these days you'll be able to finally get it out of your system to not keep reminding everyone of that. Smile .......... j/k
oneijoe Wrote:Someone preferring to attend the city school isn't "recruiting". Besides, Paintsville is no more allowed to recruit than is any other public school.

Paintsville, by and large, has had much more stability in their athletic programs
, not to mention the appeal in playing for a recently retired coach (in another sport). Also, it's been parents wanting to send their child to a better academic school, or a safer school environment.

Much of that is now disappearing. That's good for Johnson Central and good for all students of the county.

Wink
I would say that with Kinner that they will now have some stability in the football program, but even you have to admit that it has been a continuous circus for the last 4-5 years, or whatever it has been. (You know the same type of environment that you criticize the county for being in....lol) I think it is pretty much common knowledge that that recently retired coach is the very one that the fingers can be pointed at for it's instability.
JC by however many they want.
Jc 40+
JC in a big win
Big_Wiggle33 Wrote:JC by however many mayney wants it to be......no one looks at the fact that paintsville can recruit but its always central is bigger...who cares when paintsville was wearing central out no one was throwing a fit cause paintsville can recruit so get over it.......and it dont matter if central had 10,000 and paintsville had 1,000....on the football field u r only allowed 11 players on offense and 11 on defense......imo matney just has the tigers number and no one likes that

Oh please....there's the pot callin' the kettle black... I'm not sayin that kids haven't come to the ville' from out of district to play sports....but kids have gone to Central from out of district to play sports too....

Kids want to go to local teams that are "goin places". That's why kids came to play for BMR in bball and they're going' to Matney for football. I'm not sayin it's right or wrong----but it happens AT MOST SCHOOLS!
i agree with that but why complain about JC being bigger only when they are winning...i know it wasnt you but ppl have.....like i said in my other post there is only 11 players on the field at one for time for both teams so what does it matter.......and bigger schools doesnt really mean better players just more kids is all......i played paintsville in basketball when i was at central and they have some extremely good players then, so why only bring it up when the ville has lost a few years straight to matney and the eagles!!!!!
This will be what ever spread JC wants.........
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Well the rushing record is 710 yards in one game you can correct me if i am wrong. That record will be broken this weekend! Paintsville will see a lot of the JCHS JV team second half. Paintsville might score once if there lucky. Sorry tigers look past this game, and prepare for your next opponent. You mess with the bull you get horn or should I say beak.

JCHS 70 Paintsville 0

Don't forget that at the last apple bowl at Paintsville the clock did not stop in the 2nd half. It ran during timeouts and was immediately reset and started at the end of the 3rd quarter. If I remember correctly the second half lasted exactly 24 minutes. It will be tough to set the record if that happens again.
Central!
Johnson Central.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I would say that with Kinner that they will now have some stability in the football program, but even you have to admit that it has been a continuous circus for the last 4-5 years, or whatever it has been. (You know the same type of environment that you criticize the county for being in....lol) I think it is pretty much common knowledge that that recently retired coach is the very one that the fingers can be pointed at for it's instability.

I was referring more to the previous 20 yrs. But over the last 4-5, I agree with you.