Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers...
We just heard about the ref, who called the Pike Central/Paintsville game last Saturday, was fatally injured this past Monday.

I did not hear his name... but I want to say what a nice gentleman he was with our team and our fans... and how sorry we are for this tragic loss.

If someone on here knows his name, please post... I'd like to have a prayer said for his family in our church tomorrow.
Oh wow, hate to hear this. God doesn't need a name though, he knows who it is. Sending prayers out for this referee and his family in their time of need.

Lisa Douglas Wrote:We just heard about the ref, who called the Pike Central/Paintsville game last Saturday, was fatally injured this past Monday.

I did not hear his name... but I want to say what a nice gentleman he was with our team and our fans... and how sorry we are for this tragic loss.

If someone on here knows his name, please post... I'd like to have a prayer said for his family in our church tomorrow.

I believe you are refering to John Cleveland and yes he did pass. He was a ref at my games for the past 6 years, it was very sad news to hear.
Thank you lod20. We chatted with him during the boys game and he seemed like such a sincerely nice man. Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Cleveland family.
supposedly he was cutting down trees and one of them fell on him.
wow I heard this a few days ago but never could find confermation, this is really sad to hear. Just two weeks ago John and I were joking around about him giving me like 5 yellow cards in high school. Very sad to hear!!