Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2 JC 2 (Girls Soccer)
Tie game in the Ladies Apple Cup.
Great game that both teams played their hearts out in!
Great game. Both teams played hard and even harder as the game progressed. Congrats to Paintsville for first in district play and Central for second. By the way, what happened to the trophy? It disappeared soon after the whistle blew. Someone must have thought it was theirs automatically, even with a tie.
Ok...since I am completly soccer "challenged"... can someone explain to me why they don't break ties?

BTY...congrats to both sides...it appears it was a hard fought game.
pvilletigerfan Wrote:Ok...since I am completly soccer "challenged"... can someone explain to me why they don't break ties?

Don't know why other than it could really take several hours to break a tie. Although in tourn. play they do have tiebreakers.
pvilletigerfan Wrote:Ok...since I am completly soccer "challenged"... can someone explain to me why they don't break ties?

Basically it is because like Guru said it could take a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to break a tie in soccer. Now in Tournaments the tie breaker goes as follows. At the end of regulation if tied the game will go into to two 15 minute halfs (which is called silver goal) if either team scores in the first half the second half will still be played and the full 30 mintues of OT (2 15 mintue halfs) will be played. If the game is still tied it goes into a penatly shot out much like hockey. Five players from each team (alternating turns) will take a shot on the opposing teams keeper. The 5 players must have been on the field at the end of OT no kid from the bench is allowed to take a PK. Same goes with the goaley, the goaley for each team that ended OT will be the keeper defending the goal. If still tied at the end of the first 5 PKs from each team it then goes to your 6th PK taker then to your 7th and so on until one team makes a goal and the other misses. Hope that cleared things up.

Use to after the 2 15 mintue halfs there use to be another period called golden goal which was a 15 mintue half sudden death. If it was tied after that it went to PKs.
Sounds like a great game to watch.
It was a cup game though. They should have broke the tie. There shouldnt be ties in any cup games.
This was the 3rd apple cup for the girls. Sooo, the team in posession of the cup wins the the cup in a tie game.
Well that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.....
yea ur not EVER suppose to have a tie in a cup or tournament game.
the only way this would happen is if the coachs didnt register the game as a cup game with the KHSAA.

in that case there are tie breakers
That was a great game I have to say great job to both teams!!
Great game from both teams.