Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon Slone
Im talking about the first few games before the UNC game, and after that. Like Longwood, who the **** is that? Games like that is why they dont get any better, and cant/wont beat teams like UNC, Louisville, West Virginia and so on. Also, he did have basically the same players that Tubby had minus Morris, and yeah Meeks was injured but he had Legion to bring off the bench, but what did he do, he ran him off. You all think Patterson is so great, seems like he could have picked up where Morris left off but he could barely rebound at times. I watched the Madness last night and they dont look too hot this year either, I know it was just a practice against each other but my god no one could shoot. Sure Meeks hit a couple shots, and Galloway made some nice plays, but they look terrible. I had to laugh a couple times last night, both times at Patterson. He got blocked by Harrelson, and then missed what should have been an easy dunk. I had high hopes for this team this year but its going to be the same mediocre mess as last year, like it or not, I dont care.
This kid is truly living a dream. At Madness last night, he was introduced infront of a packed house and got a nice ovation, was wearing the real UK uniform (the name sewn on the back, which is more than a few on the team) and getting to play last night. Then today at the football game he was with the team on the field as they were introduced to the fans at Commonwealth who received them with a standing ovation and screaming their heads off. Why did Landon go to UK? That's probably why...no other place like it.
IRISH4 Wrote:This kid is truly living a dream. At Madness last night, he was introduced infront of a packed house and got a nice ovation, was wearing the real UK uniform (the name sewn on the back, which is more than a few on the team) and getting to play last night. Then today at the football game he was with the team on the field as they were introduced to the fans at Commonwealth who received them with a standing ovation and screaming their heads off. Why did Landon go to UK? That's probably why...no other place like it.

Awesome post!:Thumbs:
BCF4L Wrote:The same players huh? So Randolph Morris, Bobby Perry, Sherray Thomas, & Lukasz Obrzut was on last years team? Jodie Meeks got to play every game last year like he did in 06-07? Yeah, I think not. If it weren't for your fantastic Tubby Smith, we wouldn't be in the situation we are in with having to lose 13 games in a year.

And you talk about a "cupcake" schedule. Playing North Carolina, Miami, Kansas State, Iowa/West Virginia, and Louisville, plus having to be in the toughest conference in the nation; you call that a "cupcake"? You want to talk about a cupcake schedule, gripe at Billy Donovan at Florida. They leave the state of Florida one time before January, and the only reason they are leaving then is to play in a tournament in Kansas City.

Let's take a look here, Dick Vitale release his Preseason Polls. The so called out of conference cupcakes are as follows:

North Carolina #1
Louisville #2
Miami #21
West Virginia #28

Plus you have your in conference schedule that contains:

Tennessee #14
Florida #17
Alabama #34
Mississippi State #36

That is 8 teams ranked in the top 50 in preseason polls.

Yes they have cupcakes on their schedule, as do all major D1 schools. Take a look at Kansas for instance. They are your defending National Champions, but look at what they have.

The winner of Florida/Syracuse
Arizona #23
Tennessee #14
Michigan State #7

So if you compare the two out of schedule, UK has a higher SOS. So don't throw up that cupcake scheduling crap. Get a clue before you type.

I agree with most of that but sec is not the toughest confrence in basketball.... Football yes but not basketball.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Okay...first off, you're way out of line saying Christ's name in that context, and I am greatly offended! Secondly...NONE of the walk-ons are listed on the roster. They're not there to play basketball, they're there for school, and they decided to play without the assistance of a basketball scholarship!

As for the second bold portion, please provide some evidence that he does not know what he is doing! He has 2 of the biggest turnarounds in all of college basketball from one season to the next at UTEP and Texas A&M. Joe Crawford & Ramel Bradley have even said how big of an impact he had on their senior seasons. The guy did miracles with what he had last season, especially with the injuries to Meeks and Patterson! So...please...provide evidence that he has no idea what he is doing, and make a case that you could do better! I'm sure we're all anxious to hear it!

I respect your post and agree with you.

:rockon:
I just seen the photo album on the UK Athletics website from BBM. There are two good photos of Landon, I would post them but it won't allow me to save the pictures. The photo numbers are 77 & 80.
IRISH4 Wrote:I just seen the photo album on the UK Athletics website from BBM. There are two good photos of Landon, I would post them but it won't allow me to save the pictures. The photo numbers are 77 & 80.

The power of the print screen button...
Looks like he's on the team to me....lol.
awsome pics
IRISH4 Wrote:got a nice ovation
That was Patterson and Miller.
RavenBoy Wrote:That was Patterson and Miller.

Still a hater...lol
RavenBoy Wrote:That was Patterson and Miller.

HAHAHA...can't give someone credit or you are trying to call me a liar. Jealousy won't allow you to go very far in life.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The power of the print screen button...

Appreciate it, learn something new every day.:Thumbs:
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Im talking about the first few games before the UNC game, and after that. Like Longwood, who the **** is that? Games like that is why they dont get any better, and cant/wont beat teams like UNC, Louisville, West Virginia and so on. Also, he did have basically the same players that Tubby had minus Morris, and yeah Meeks was injured but he had Legion to bring off the bench, but what did he do, he ran him off. You all think Patterson is so great, seems like he could have picked up where Morris left off but he could barely rebound at times. I watched the Madness last night and they dont look too hot this year either, I know it was just a practice against each other but my god no one could shoot. Sure Meeks hit a couple shots, and Galloway made some nice plays, but they look terrible. I had to laugh a couple times last night, both times at Patterson. He got blocked by Harrelson, and then missed what should have been an easy dunk. I had high hopes for this team this year but its going to be the same mediocre mess as last year, like it or not, I dont care.

If I were guessing you are a Louisville fan that watched madness and now they have you a little scared. I could be wrong but this is my theory. But watch out college basketball, the cats are back on the prowl again. :Thumbs: And to all the haters of BCG, just look at what he is doing for this team with all the recruits and that should shut you all up for awhile. Smile
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:until Gillispie shows that he knows what he is doing, I will never be a fan of his.

DAN-IEL OR-TON!!!!! DAN-IEL OR-TON!!!!! DAN-IEL OR-TON!!!!!
So is this kid playing for UK or what?
C.Clair Wrote:So is this kid playing for UK or what?

YES,,, Need you ask. Look at the pics.

I think the pictures show it and it makes me sick how some people just cant congratulate him on his achievement of putting on the famous BLUE AND WHITE colors and playing at UK.
Love the pics!
Landon you make us proud back here at home,because we sure are proud of you.Best of luck big guy.:Thumbs:

those pics were awesome!!!!!
IRISH4 Wrote:This kid is truly living a dream. At Madness last night, he was introduced infront of a packed house and got a nice ovation, was wearing the real UK uniform (the name sewn on the back, which is more than a few on the team) and getting to play last night. Then today at the football game he was with the team on the field as they were introduced to the fans at Commonwealth who received them with a standing ovation and screaming their heads off. Why did Landon go to UK? That's probably why...no other place like it.

It is great to see post like this about Landon on here instead of the usual bashing that he gets all the time. Awesome post.
I have never once put Landon down for going to UK, im glad he has money and the means to walk on there, all I have said is that he is too talented to be riding the bench like he will his whole UK career because of the *******. Also, it seemed to me that he got a pretty good applause from the crowd. Patterson is a *******, coming out like he did acting like hes the king of UK. I saw the video on the Orton kid and he makes Patterson look stupid. He is bigger and looks to me like he moves alot better and has a **** of alot more power to his game, something UK has needed for a long time. But the fact remains that if he comes to UK to play for BCG, then he wont amount to much. Oh and in regards to the statement about me being a Louisville fan, well yes I am. Rick Pitino is a way better coach than BCG is, or ever dream to be.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I have never once put Landon down for going to UK, im glad he has money and the means to walk on there, all I have said is that he is too talented to be riding the bench like he will his whole UK career because of the *******. Also, it seemed to me that he got a pretty good applause from the crowd. Patterson is a *******, coming out like he did acting like hes the king of UK. I saw the video on the Orton kid and he makes Patterson look stupid. He is bigger and looks to me like he moves alot better and has a **** of alot more power to his game, something UK has needed for a long time. But the fact remains that if he comes to UK to play for BCG, then he wont amount to much. Oh and in regards to the statement about me being a Louisville fan, well yes I am. Rick Pitino is a way better coach than BCG is, or ever dream to be.

Your crazy to even say Patterson isnt a good player. He's rated among the nation in top players this year. YOUR A JOKE!!!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I have never once put Landon down for going to UK, im glad he has money and the means to walk on there, all I have said is that he is too talented to be riding the bench like he will his whole UK career because of the *******. Also, it seemed to me that he got a pretty good applause from the crowd. Patterson is a *******, coming out like he did acting like hes the king of UK. I saw the video on the Orton kid and he makes Patterson look stupid. He is bigger and looks to me like he moves alot better and has a **** of alot more power to his game, something UK has needed for a long time. But the fact remains that if he comes to UK to play for BCG, then he wont amount to much. Oh and in regards to the statement about me being a Louisville fan, well yes I am. Rick Pitino is a way better coach than BCG is, or ever dream to be.

These players were recruited for different reasons, they have a different strength to bring to the team. Last year Patterson carried the team under the basket, between him and Stevenson. When we get some more help, that opens up so much more possibilities. They will play as a team, not against each other, they will compliment each other, not be playing against each other.
Patterson and Orton have been rooming together while he was at Kentucky and became fast friends. Having Miller who can move to shooting guard or small forward is a plus. BCG got more out of Joe Crawford and the other player who graduated than Tubby ever got out of them. It also proves to Billy's discipline of the conditioning they are in. As for Landon Slone I was told he was booed and there was applause, somebody said that Billy G. said that it would be his Junior or Senior year before he would get much playing time and he made those statements in the paper. I don't know. I don't have an opinion one, way or the other. But I agree, if your going to sit on the bench for two years, wouldn't your talent be served best somewhere else?
fairplayer Wrote:These players were recruited for different reasons, they have a different strength to bring to the team. Last year Patterson carried the team under the basket, between him and Stevenson. When we get some more help, that opens up so much more possibilities. They will play as a team, not against each other, they will compliment each other, not be playing against each other.
Patterson and Orton have been rooming together while he was at Kentucky and became fast friends. Having Miller who can move to shooting guard or small forward is a plus. BCG got more out of Joe Crawford and the other player who graduated than Tubby ever got out of them. It also proves to Billy's discipline of the conditioning they are in. As for Landon Slone I was told he was booed and there was applause, somebody said that Billy G. said that it would be his Junior or Senior year before he would get much playing time and he made those statements in the paper. I don't know. I don't have an opinion one, way or the other. But I agree, if your going to sit on the bench for two years, wouldn't your talent be served best somewhere else?

He wasn't booed.
The bottom line is eastern Kentucky in general are proud people, but somewhat jealous. Some had rather criticize instead of being happy that someone has an incredible opportunity. Jared Lorenzon never hardly seen the field, but has a Super Bowl ring. Do you think he had rather started for the Dolphins? Landon is wearing Big Blue, and will be a Wildcat for life. I say good luck, but that is just me.
Alright, this is kind of retarded. Landon slone is on the kentucky wildcat team. Everyone could see that at Midnight Madness. He was wearing a jersey and played in the scrimmage. Now will he play for the wildcats this season? Probably not. Next season? Probably not? Junior year? Still probably not. I see him transferring if he really wants to PLAY basketball. All he will do at kentucky is more than likely sit on the bench. On tv he looked so small compared to the other guys and really couldn't do anything. So all you people who are haters, HE IS ON THE TEAM. But all you people who think he is going to actually play and contribute to the team in a game, WAKE UP!!!!
IRISH4 Wrote:HAHAHA...can't give someone credit or you are trying to call me a liar. Jealousy won't allow you to go very far in life.
Why the **** would I be jealous of him. Noone cheered for him, quit trying to act like people thought he was something besides a joke.
I hate to tell all you people this but noone is jealous, its just you eastern ky people think just because he made the team he is the best player in the world. HE IS A WALK-ON, there is a reason for that.