Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 48 - Pikeville 7
banjo man69 Wrote:i can see supporting your team, but when its 30-0 people aren't going to be cheering very much.
Quote:As bad as we hate to see it get to tthis point, people aren't going to cheer on a bad team

They want a winning season!!

Good for THEM.
blue60 Wrote:ow is Pikeville second?

Well theres Pike Central, Phelps, Shelby Valley, and others that they are compared to
bball fan Wrote:You haven't been doing your homework Sportsking!! Clark is playing football just injured right now. Layne and Keene play baseball only. As for Rowe and Boyd. Rowe could definately help but Boyd has never played. As I said earlier, besides Rowe, the basketball team is very small. I just don't see where the football Panthers need any more little guys out there running around!

I have done my homework. I do know that Gatlin Clark decided to play football 4-5 weeks ago. I actually thought Layne and Keene played basketball though. I'm pretty sure that the Boyd kid played middle school football.
SportsKing Wrote:I have done my homework. I do know that Gatlin Clark decided to play football 4-5 weeks ago. I actually thought Layne and Keene played basketball though. I'm pretty sure that the Boyd kid played middle school football.
He did. But even then I new hed never play Varsity simply because he just wasnt into it. I was told Clarky played has last year of B-ball last year and is now focusing on Baseball. Like I said before youre guess is as good as mine on Stephen.
bball fan Wrote:So you think that Ashland and LexCath are better options? Injuries and morale are two things that have this Pikeville team lower than whaleturds right now. I bet if you trade these two for SV and PC, it would be a different story. They would be 4-2, much healthier, and the community would be off of their back!

I understand what you're saying and Pikeville could make out a schedule and probably end up with only one or two losses at most. But, it wouldn't help them come playoff time. Remember last years schedule. Three teams that they played were in the state finals in their class(LexCath, Belfry, and LCA). LexCath and LCA won state and Belfry should have won. Pikeville was beat out by LCA in the playoffs.
SportsKing Wrote:I understand what you're saying and Pikeville could make out a schedule and probably end up with only one or two losses at most. But, it wouldn't help them come playoff time. Remember last years schedule. Three teams that they played were in the state finals in their class(LexCath, Belfry, and LCA). LexCath and LCA won state and Belfry should have won. Pikeville was beat out by LCA in the playoffs.

Actually LCA was beaten by Beechwood at state last year.
SportsKing Wrote:I understand what you're saying and Pikeville could make out a schedule and probably end up with only one or two losses at most. But, it wouldn't help them come playoff time. Remember last years schedule. Three teams that they played were in the state finals in their class(LexCath, Belfry, and LCA). LexCath and LCA won state and Belfry should have won. Pikeville was beat out by LCA in the playoffs.
How much is playing teams like Lex. Cath. Belfry, and LCA helping them in the playoffs. When was the last time Pikeville won their region? Pikeville is just a high school football team with trophies in the trophy case from days gone by. Teams no longer think. "Oh crap, we are playing Pikeville in 3 days. I need to make out my will." Some of these die hard Pikeville fans who talking about following a team in the good years and bad. One that talks about loyalty and stuff like that goes to my school. How loyal is that?
TRAIN85 Wrote:Actually LCA was beaten by Beechwood at state last year.

And wasn't it a slaughter?
If...Then Wrote:And wasn't it a slaughter?

No...LCA lost 38-35 and should have won that game IMO. Beechwood won with special teams, their defense could not stop LCA.
If...Then Wrote:And wasn't it a slaughter?
No. Good call.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Actually LCA was beaten by Beechwood at state last year.

You're exactly right. For some reason I had in my mind that LCA won that game. As I recall LCA should have won though!

IMO, they need to keep the schedule tough if they want any kind of success in the post season. What good is 9-1 or 10-0 if you get beat out in the first round because you weakened your schedule.
Warlock Wrote:How much is playing teams like Lex. Cath. Belfry, and LCA helping them in the playoffs. When was the last time Pikeville won their region? Pikeville is just a high school football team with trophies in the trophy case from days gone by. Teams no longer think. "Oh crap, we are playing Pikeville in 3 days. I need to make out my will." Some of these die hard Pikeville fans who talking about following a team in the good years and bad. One that talks about loyalty and stuff like that goes to my school. How loyal is that?

Teams have not thought that since Hillard Howard left Pikeville. Playing teams like Lexington Cath., Christian, and Belfry are a great help when getting a team ready for the playoffs. Regular season is just that "Regular", you play for the playoffs.
NIECE Wrote:Teams have not thought that since Hillard Howard left Pikeville. Playing teams like Lexington Cath., Christian, and Belfry are a great help when getting a team ready for the playoffs. Regular season is just that "Regular", you play for the playoffs.
Again, how much has it helped, when was the last time Pikeville made it out of their region, or better yet, played in the pizza box?