Poll: Who should start at QB for UK?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mike Hartline
43.18%
Randall Cobb
56.82%
Will Fidler
0%
Other...
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Should Start at QB for UK?
Who should be starting at quarterback for UK? Why?
Hartline didn't do too bad, the defensive line was in by 2 -3 seconds each time. His recievers didn't flat out catch the ball.... Hartline has done great with what he has got!!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Hartline.

1) Because Cobb is hurt and therefore can't play

2) Fiddler is unproven and will have to gain confidence just like Hartline had to do the first 4 games of the season.

Hartline would have much better stats, and be seen as a better QB if his receivers would CATCH THE BALL. Keep in mind, we don't have Woodson in at QB this year, but we also don't have Stevie Johnson and Jacob Tamme to catch the ball this year either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Hartline.

1) Because Cobb is hurt and therefore can't play

2) Fiddler is unproven and will have to gain confidence just like Hartline had to do the first 4 games of the season.

Hartline would have much better stats, and be seen as a better QB if his receivers would CATCH THE BALL. Keep in mind, we don't have Woodson in at QB this year, but we also don't have Stevie Johnson and Jacob Tamme to catch the ball this year either.

What about with a healthy Cobb? should have said this in the opening post.
IMO, Hartline should be the starting quarterback because our receivers cannot catch the ball at all. We need Cobb at receiver more so then at the quarterback position. Hartline plays conservative and always looks for the short routes because our line simply doesn't give him enough time to look downfield and check off receivers. If our receivers weren't so inexperienced Hartline would be a much better quarterback. We have one receiver with experience and that is Dicky Lyons Jr.

All I'm saying is that we cannot blame Hartline on why our offense plays so bad. You either have to blame Joker Phillips, inexperienced receivers, or our line.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What about with a healthy Cobb? should have said this in the opening post.

With a healthy Cobb, he should be at WR. We're having trouble catching the ball and need him more in that spot.

I could see using Cobb for something like an option play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:With a healthy Cobb, he should be at WR. We're having trouble catching the ball and need him more in that spot.

I could see using Cobb for something like an option play.

I agree.
i say a healthy Cobb
Cobb by a longshot, hes more athletic and can make plays himself. But becasue Brooks and Phillips are idiots, Hartline will remain the starter until he gets hurt.
IMO I think that Hartline should be the starting qb. I think once Cobb gets back and healthy that gives us two really good receivers who can catch the ball in him and Lyons. Then once Boyd gets to play a lot that gives us 3 really good receivers. But if Cobb plays qb then we only have 1 wr who is good. I would rather have 2 good ones right now and then whenver Boyd comes along then we will have 3.
I dont know if you want to blame Joker Phillips. I know hes the one behind all of the play calling, but I think some of Hartline's issues go back to the first few games. Brooks said they coached him too cautiously, that they taught him not to lose, rather than to win. I think thats still his menatlity. But yesterday was the first time UK had to come from behind against a tough opponent.
The receivers are really starting to worry me. It's the 5th game, and they're still dropping passes. If they could catch the ball at all, Hartline's numbers would be even more impressive for a first year starter. His line did not give him any time at all yesterday and they haven't blocked well enough to establish a running game, which kind of makes them one-dimensional. Phillips knows Hartline won't be able to look downfield, so he calls short routes and screens. A few times yesterday, they had the perfect play-call. the screen to Locke that set up the Lyons short slant. And the screen to Locke in the 2nd quarter was a perfect call because Bama brought the house, it's just the ball slipped out of Hartline's hands, and the rest is history.
Hartline is, will be, and should be the starting QB at Kentucky. He has looked very impressive in his first year and didn't seem too rattled yesterday in Bryant-Denney. I have faith he will lead UK to a 3rd straight bowl win!
Hartline
Hartline.
cobb
anyone but Hartline, he sucks!
Randall Cobb.
Hartline he has great arm strength and is starting to be a smart QB. I think by the end of the season he will be one of the best QB's in the SEC. You can't win SEC player of the week and not be a good football player.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
it really dont matter they all need to just come out and play 110% hartline is a good qb but he needs to be on his A game every game
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Cobb by a longshot, hes more athletic and can make plays himself. But becasue Brooks and Phillips are idiots, Hartline will remain the starter until he gets hurt.

hahahahaSmile
Hartline for sure.
I think we will improve on all fornts as the season progresses. With Cobb at Reciever that gives us 4 big threats to run or catch, Smith, Locke, Lyons and Cobb. If Boyd would get his head on striaght in practice he could get in there and make someplays he has really good hands.

I think you start and play Hartline, but occasionally if things aren't going well move Cobb in there to try and change things up.
For any of you to suggest that you know better than The Old Man and Joker is a J-O-K-E!

Cobb is hurt and Heartline is doing better than any of us expected.

Not one of you could carry his jock strap.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Cobb by a longshot, hes more athletic and can make plays himself. But becasue Brooks and Phillips are idiots, Hartline will remain the starter until he gets hurt.

Smile
So which NCAA Head Coaching job are you getting?
hartline made a couple of mistakes but it is hard to do much when your offence line will not block and recivers cant catch. but i will pick hartline over cobb any day
DevilsWin Wrote:Not one of you could carry his jock strap.
I could carry it. I don't want to, nor do I think I would be in a position where I would have to, but I could certainly carry it! Smile Smile Smile
I wish Curtis Pulley could of kept his self straight...we need him
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I could carry it. I don't want to, nor do I think I would be in a position where I would have to, but I could certainly carry it! Smile Smile Smile
OK so you could be the equipment manager! Congrats!Rolleyes
DevilsWin Wrote:OK so you could be the equipment manager! Congrats!Rolleyes
I was just kidding. I couldn't help myself. haha :o
I voted for Hartline, because in all honesty it doesn't really matter who is under center right now for UK. Until the offensive line develops some stability and plays more consistently, no QB is going to succeed.

Hartline, with the exception of his disappointing habit of letting the ball slip from his hands, has done as good a job as he could. He has made good throws for the most part when he has had time to throw, which isn't very often. And as others have mentioned, his numbers would be much better if the receivers learned how to catch the ball every now and then. I still say we invest in a good bottle of Stickum.

For everyone who thinks things would be better under Cobb, they wouldn't. If he doesn't have a decent running game, doesn't have time to throw, and his receivers still have drop-itis, how would things be any better? Let him go to WR, where we really need the help, and the team will be better for it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:ban: :lmao: :lmao:
lets face facts, it doesn't matter who starts at quarterback at Uk be it Hartline or Cobb and anyone else because until they get that pud offensive line going as well as a running game and receivers that know how to put two hands on the ball then the offense will continue to struggle and maybe Joker Phillips needs to cut the string loose.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: