Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCHS Field Updates??
I drove by the fields last night they looked really good, but I heard someone say that they were having to tear down the dugouts and move them.....can anyone verify that??
I can't wait to see the field be played. Awesome for the JCHS team. Should be a great year.
Should be a great year for JCHS!!!!
Pickle-princess Wrote:Should be a great year for JCHS!!!!

How many seniors do they have this season?? Did they lose any key players?
I believe they only lost one senior this year. Outfield position. Deep with talent this year. I do believe they have at least 4 seniors.
Any updates on whether the dugouts need moved. I drove down there yesterday and it will be real hard to see down first and third for the fans. The bleachers are small looking also. Once again will it be ready for practice in February? That is the real question. Especially if anything needs redone.
There seems to be grass growing on the baseball field. I see the sprinkler system also on. What is the deal on the girls? Has it been seeded yet? Always last done.
Still no word about the dugouts....do they have to be torn down and rebuilt somewhere else???:eek:
Any info out there?
I heard that it was the baseball field dugouts that they were redoing because they are to close to home plate. i dont think that they are doing anything to the dugouts on the softball field but dont hold me to that.
Are these fields going to be ready by 2/15?
No. The field will not be ready for first day of practice. We are not football. Do not get me wrong I am a football supporter but there are other sports at JC. The girls deserve the same treatment. The softball team can not have the tournament they were hoping to have. They will have their first 6 games on the road. How long have they been working on the field? Since June of 2007. Get to work or hire someone that will. We have the funds.
I was wondering what the hold up is too. Anyone out there know?
AmazingFan Wrote:No. The field will not be ready for first day of practice. We are not football. Do not get me wrong I am a football supporter but there are other sports at JC. The girls deserve the same treatment. The softball team can not have the tournament they were hoping to have. They will have their first 6 games on the road. How long have they been working on the field? Since June of 2007. Get to work or hire someone that will. We have the funds.

If you were a football supporter you wouldn't have brought them into the discussion. Your gripe should be with the brass at the school system not with the football program at Johnson Central.
Don Carlo Wrote:If you were a football supporter you wouldn't have brought them into the discussion. Your gripe should be with the brass at the school system not with the football program at Johnson Central.

I am a football supporter. I did not say anything against the players or coaches. My gripe is with the administration. Which I am sure that any supporter of the softball team feels the same way. We would all love to know why that it has taken them so long to complete a softball/ baseball complex.
AmazingFan Wrote:I am a football supporter. I did not say anything against the players or coaches. My gripe is with the administration. Which I am sure that any supporter of the softball team feels the same way. We would all love to know why that it has taken them so long to complete a softball/ baseball complex.

I support Football as well....and there is no way that they would have been put off like this. I do understand that Softball/Baseball doesn't bring in the money that Football does, but try to explain that to a bunch of kids that just want to play ball on their own field.

The last I heard the Baseball and Softball Fields would be ready after we return from Spring Break. Let us not hold our breath.

What truly is the holdup??
I am a JC fan in all sports and think we should feel blessed to have the best facilities in the state. In all fairness to the administration, the baseball and softball fields required more excavation which is always the hold up in any project. I am not sure but I think the football boosters is a big organization and several poeple volunteering alot of time to get the football field going to speed things up.

We should be proud, we have new football, soccer, baseball and softball fields. Althought our gym is older, it is still as big and nice as any in the state and I understand will soon be air conditioned and we have the only swimming pool and program in EKY south of Ashland.
When everything is complete we will have a super complex.
I see on JC's schedule that they have their first home game scheduled on 4/13/09, will the field be ready on that date??
Have the girls been able to play on their field??? Looks like it wouldn't take too much to finish, what is the holdup??
These girls deserve a field to play on
ram-97 Wrote:These girls deserve a field to play on

I am with you on this. The softball and baseball team at JCHS have had a bum deal for the last two years. It would be great to see this completed.
i did not mean to leave the boys out . they need a field to play on also, maybe the parents need to finish things up.
The Field Should Have Been Finished Last Year .
After the way these girls played in Frankfort they deserve to have a field to play on, so all of the supporters that can't travel to see them play could see them play at home.They are one fine team.
You are so right....there are many that would love to watch them play, but can't because they can't travel to the away games. I can't wait to see them play on the finished field, it looks awesome!!!
I fill sorry for these senior girls. They have played together for what seems like forever ,it would just be nice that they could play on the new field before their season comes to d outan end.
Any updates? When is a home game? Soon I hope.
Back stop has been installed. Brick dust has been delivered.
I think that they will be playing on the home field next week!!!! It has shaped up nicely!!! Go lady eagles!!!