Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 24 - Kentucky 17
Kentucky's offense again didn't do anything all game. Defense scored the 1st touchdown on a Lindley pick for 6. SC put in Garcia in the 2nd half and Kentucky didn't have an answer for him as he made some very accurate passes.

Sad
Final.

Spurrier streak lives on to 16 straight wins.
PLEASE GET RID OF HARTLINE. all he is doing is making this offense worst. Im pretty sure this makes twice that he threw a INT and lost us the game. he sucks!!
Cobb is a better WR then a QB but he is a better QB then Hartline. Hartline isn't following through on his throws so he's overthrowing his intended targets, they need to make a change at the QB position. Next year, Cobb can move back to WR as we are going to have a great pre-season QB position battle between two incoming freshmen Ryan Massakowski from Texas, Morgan Newton from Indiana and incumbent Mike Hartline. I'm not writing this season off though, we are still going to make a bowl game and kick Tennessee's tail and Neyland.
Horrible Effort from the offense. The defense makes some great plays and causes 4 turnovers, and we cant do anything with it.

I hope Lyons is ok, he's the only threat we have at WR.
South Carolina was clutch on third downs. Kentucky was not. That was the ball game.

Also before every jumps all over Hartline. Could a reciever please make a play on the ball. The one over the middle to Drake on the last series should have gone for big yardage. He looked like he had no clue that the ball might be comming his way.
NYY10 Wrote:PLEASE GET RID OF HARTLINE. all he is doing is making this offense worst. Im pretty sure this makes twice that he threw a INT and lost us the game. he sucks!!
That interception on the final play did not lose the game.
AGREED!! Will a Reciver please step up!
Hartline sucks, Joker Phillips sucks, our corners suck, our offensive line sucks, our receivers suck, and our running backs suck. The only thing good about this Kentucky team is our defensive front four. The play calling by Joker Phillips is a joke. I know you guys will say that he can't call anything else because of Hartline, but if that's the case, then grow a set and take Hartline out. I'd rather have a fat lineman lined up at QB than Flatline. Something has to change or else. This season is a wash. UK will never beat Spurrier, Florida, or Tennessee. I don't care if Tennessee lined up a team full of Fat Fulmers, UK would find a way to lose. That's Kentucky football at its finest. Bring on the round ball.
FBALL Wrote:That interception on the final play did not lose the game.

No, the way the offense played all day long lost it. How many times do you get 4 turnovers and the other team misses 4 field goals and you still lose??? Like never...
You Hartline fans are out of your minds. The guy just flat out cant play. The reason the receivers cant catch is because he makes it impossible with horrible throws. Special teams, pass coverage, offensive line, and Hartline are the big weaknesses on this team and as long as Brooks doesnt do anything to correct the problem, things are going to continue this way. I honestly dont see them winning any of the last 6 SEC games, not with Hartline at QB anyway.
jetpilot Wrote:No, the way the offense played all day long lost it. How many times do you get 4 turnovers and the other team misses 4 field goals and you still lose??? Like never...

HARTLINE is HORRIBLLLLE get him out of there please for the sake of UK football!!!:Thumbs:
FBALL Wrote:South Carolina was clutch on third downs. Kentucky was not. That was the ball game.

Also before every jumps all over Hartline. Could a reciever please make a play on the ball. The one over the middle to Drake on the last series should have gone for big yardage. He looked like he had no clue that the ball might be comming his way.
You are exactly right. Two crucial 3rd and long situations that were converted by Carolina was the difference in this game. The offense may not have been real potent, but it was the defense that chocked when it mattered the most.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You are exactly right. Two crucial 3rd and long situations that were converted by Carolina was the difference in this game. The offense may not have been real potent, but it was the defense that chocked when it mattered the most.

The offense was pitiful all day long and you blame the defense over 2 plays?Smile
Forgetting that the defense causing turnovers got UK all their points!
jetpilot Wrote:The offense was pitiful all day long and you blame the defense over 2 plays?Smile
Forgetting that the defense causing turnovers got UK all their points!

Yes they were pitiful, but it was the two 3rd down converstions that made the score what it was when the horn sounded. The defense gave it away in the end. UK was up 17-14 were they not?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yes they were pitiful, but it was the two 3rd down converstions that made the score what it was when the horn sounded. The defense gave it away in the end. UK was up 17-14 were they not?

Yes they were, thanks to the defense returning an interception for a score and forcing three other turnovers.
jetpilot Wrote:Yes they were, thanks to the defense returning an interception for a score and forcing three other turnovers.

Still choked when it mattered though, didn't they?
How about you guys take it to Private Messages, because nobody wants to see you all going back and forth in this thread...

As for the game...

Our offense is the worst in the SEC, and one of the worst in the country. Plain and simple. Hartline is not good, but with Dicky out now who is Cobb going to throw the ball to at QB?

I feel bad for Hartline because the guy is doing his best, but unfortunately his best isn't enough to win. He is timid, and in all honesty doesn't throw that good of a ball.

The receivers need to step it up a notch too because there were quite a few dropped balls, but if Hartline doesn't step it up next week I say we have no choice but to hand the QB job to Cobb.

Joker Phillips' play calling was uncreative and way too conservative once again, and I don't know why we kept trying to run between the tackles with the smallest running back out there.

I'm not going to say anything about the defense, but the only thing that disappoints me is that they kept letting SC complete the 3rd down conversions late in the game. It might be because the offense kept going 3 and out leaving the defense on the field way too long and often today.

South Carolina has 4 turnovers, and 4 missed field goals and we still lose by 7. We just don't have an offense at all, and without Dicky who will probably miss some time things don't look to get better.

Next week is a must win, but we're still 4-2 and have a lot of football left so we'll see how it goes from here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:How about you guys take it to Private Messages, because nobody wants to see you all going back and forth in this thread...

As for the game...

Our offense is the worst in the SEC, and one of the worst in the country. Plain and simple. Hartline is not good, but with Dicky out now who is Cobb going to throw the ball to at QB?

I feel bad for Hartline because the guy is doing his best, but unfortunately his best isn't enough to win. He is timid, and in all honesty doesn't throw that good of a ball.

The receivers need to step it up a notch too because there were quite a few dropped balls, but if Hartline doesn't step it up next week I say we have no choice but to hand the QB job to Cobb.

Joker Phillips' play calling was uncreative and way too conservative once again, and I don't know why we kept trying to run between the tackles with the smallest running back out there.

I'm not going to say anything about the defense, but the only thing that disappoints me is that they kept letting SC complete the 3rd down conversions late in the game. It might be because the offense kept going 3 and out leaving the defense on the field way too long and often today.

South Carolina has 4 turnovers, and 4 missed field goals and we still lose by 7. We just don't have an offense at all, and without Dicky who will probably miss some time things don't look to get better.

Next week is a must win, but we're still 4-2 and have a lot of football left so we'll see how it goes from here.

At least Cobb is a threat to run. Hard to believe they stick with Harline. You can see Spurrier isn't hesitant at all to make a change when it is needed.
Hartline threw some good balls that the recievers have to make a play on. They didn't..

Joker Phillips is calling runs up the middle because the ends and tackles can't seal the cornor and running up the middle at least gives you a chance to hit a seam. Running outside when you can't block is the equivolent of a sack.

I don't have a problem with putting Cobb back at QB. Its not because Hartline is terrible though. Cobb gives you another running option and This team needs that because the recievers just aren't there. Look at the Catches that Kinney and Barnes Made. Is there a reciever on the UK roster that catches those balls? I don't think so.

I also agree that the defense was on the field way too long and that may have contributed to the third down conversions for South Carolina in the second half.
alfus21 Wrote:How about you guys take it to Private Messages, because nobody wants to see you all going back and forth in this thread...

As for the game...

I agree.
jetpilot Wrote:At least Cobb is a threat to run. Hard to believe they stick with Harline. You can see Spurrier isn't hesitant at all to make a change when it is needed.

I never said he wasn't a threat to run did I, and I never said they should stick with Hartline. But the reality is, they are most likely going to at least for another week. Hartline or no Hartline this offense is awful. That's the point I'm trying to make.

And other than Lyons, Cobb is the best receiver on the team. Put him and QB and there is absolutely NOBODY to throw the ball to. I think teams would begin to shut down the run pretty quick if we switched to that type of offense.

Hartline can only do what he is told to. He can't help the coaches won't pull the plug on him and by the way Brooks sounded after the game he is still more disgusted with the receivers dropping balls and running poor routes. So we'll probably see the same thing next week. We can only hope Hartline gets better and the play calling gets better.

But the reality is, you can't expect to lose 5 players to the NFL on offense and pick up where we left off the next season. It's just common sense. Just have to be patient.

I think Cobb would shake things up a bit though and maybe be a spark to the offense, but it won't be next week. (At least not starting) I think if Hartline struggles early next week Brooks will make the change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I never said he wasn't a threat to run did I, and I never said they should stick with Hartline. But the reality is, they are most likely going to at least for another week. Hartline or no Hartline this offense is awful. That's the point I'm trying to make.

And other than Lyons, Cobb is the best receiver on the team. Put him and QB and there is absolutely NOBODY to throw the ball to. I think teams would begin to shut down the run pretty quick if we switched to that type of offense.

Hartline can only do what he is told to. He can't help the coaches won't pull the plug on him and by the way Brooks sounded after the game he is still more disgusted with the receivers dropping balls and running poor routes. So we'll probably see the same thing next week. We can only hope Hartline gets better and the play calling gets better.

But the reality is, you can't expect to lose 5 players to the NFL on offense and pick up where we left off the next season. It's just common sense. Just have to be patient.

I think Cobb would shake things up a bit though and maybe be a spark to the offense, but it won't be next week. (At least not starting) I think if Hartline struggles early next week Brooks will make the change.

I never said you did, I was just making a point. I think we agree that Cobb will end up being the QB.
Heartline is a joke, but Cobb isnt much better. Maybe try the other guy.
dore20 Wrote:Heartline is a joke, but Cobb isnt much better. Maybe try the other guy.

:eek:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Once again our offense sucks. Hartline sucked again this game along with our receving core. Our offense only gaines 55 total yards the whole second half. That is terrible. I wish that Joker Phillips would find some new plays to run cause he runs the same plays over and over again and they didnt work today. Also SC ran the same slant passing play over and over and over again and we could not stop it at all. I mean they would run it when it was like 3rd and 11 and 3rd and 14 and they would get the first down. I dont understand how that can happen. What was the defense thinking? Cause it wasnt pass. Micah Johnson played a great game today as he set a career high in tackles in this game. Glad to see him back and playing good. Our defense did really good against there run but we sucked against there passing game. This losing this game really hurts cause we are not 0-2 in SEC play and if we are going to play in a bowl game this year they better get it together and start winning some games.
BCF4L Wrote:Hartline sucks, Joker Phillips sucks, our corners suck, our offensive line sucks, our receivers suck, and our running backs suck. The only thing good about this Kentucky team is our defensive front four. The play calling by Joker Phillips is a joke. I know you guys will say that he can't call anything else because of Hartline, but if that's the case, then grow a set and take Hartline out. I'd rather have a fat lineman lined up at QB than Flatline. Something has to change or else. This season is a wash. UK will never beat Spurrier, Florida, or Tennessee. I don't care if Tennessee lined up a team full of Fat Fulmers, UK would find a way to lose. That's Kentucky football at its finest. Bring on the round ball.

Do you know anything about football? Trevard Lindley is a premier cornerback, top of the SEC, Micha Johnson will be one of the top playmakers at linebacker in the conference this year as well as Micha Johnson. You can't expect a defense to do everything when it's on the field 8:00 in every quarter.
Joker Phillips calls a good game, their might be some questionable calls but he can't make Hartline read the defense or throw something other than a dump pass.
Our running game can't do anything because there are 7 guys in the box, we have good backs we just can't open anything up because of the passing game. I defended Hartline the first few weeks but I can't anymore, he just isn't a playmaker.
As for the recievers they just need to catch the ball flat out, Dicky needs more out routes instead of being zone convered in the middle. I still wish Boyd would get some more touches and we saw today what Cobb was capable of. If E.J. Adams doesn't improve I think he could go back and play the weakside corner.
But to go out and say that everything is trash about kentucky football but its front for shows just how much you know.
UK is still 4-2 and have not been blown away by anybody. The sky is not falling. Everyone knew this was going to be a rebuilding year for the offense. There are going to be growing pains.

Just take a deep breath and remember how far UK football has come over the last 3 years.
The defense only gave up 10 points. The one play after the 84 yard kick off return should be placed on special teams, which was HORRIBLE today! I didn't get to watch the game, but it sounded like Hartline couldn't hit the side of a barn with a grain of rice! I want the kid to succeed, but he can't keep costing us wins. The defense can't play both sides of the ball, and the reason they gave up so many 3rd down conversions in the 2nd half is because they were freakin' tired! I bet they played between 50-60 snaps in the 2nd half! Can you blame 'em?
I realize the offense is young and inexperienced, but how long can we use that as an excuse? They've played 6 games, and nobody...I MEAN NOBODY...looks like they've improved whatsoever! TC Drake is supposed to be one of the leaders on the offense, and he drops a pass with no one within 10 yards of him?! Come on!
Since Joker Phillips has been at UK, screens have been something UK has run to perfection. It's just part of the gameplan and it's not going to change. However, MIX IT UP! Wide receiver screens, halfback screens, and draw plays up the middle are not hard to scheme for, especially when those are the only types of plays you run! I know SC's defense was one of the SEC's best, but I could have planned for UK's offense. I can understand doing it quite a bit early in the season to get the youngsters some time to adapt and so forth, but again...it's been 6 GAMES!
You can't blame the defense! They played great as usual, but also played a **** of a lot longer than expected, so you can't point the finger at them. As for the QB situation...I'm a bit torn. Part of me says keep Hartline. Why? I still would rather have a player who's been in the system for 3 yearsover a true freshman, and with Lyons out for who knows how long, we need Cobb now more than ever atWR. Part of me says give Cobb a shot. Why? He brings a whole new dimension to the offense and gives them different options on every play.

I like to think I'm a patient person. But I can only wait so long to see that this offense is improving AT ALL throughout the course of this season. So far, I have seen no signs that indicate they will get better. I guess only time will tell...but my time is running short...FAST!
Anyone who says Hartline is a good QB now dont know much about football.