Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
thecavemaster Wrote:While I wouldn't want to do this all day, isn't it true that god killed people en masse according to the Hebrew story as told in the old testament? So, god can kill people, but human beings can't? If god allows all this stuff and does it him or her self, isn't god the laziest guy or gal in town? Anyway, pastors and church deacons and bishops and holy fathers should take a vote and not allow abortion for church members (a vote that would be broken countless times, maybe even by women impregnated by those holy men of god), however, Roe V. Wade is the law of the land outside the church.

As for your first point, just because God does something doesn't mean it's okay for us to do it. He is God and we are not. I'm not sure why you're even taking this route in your argument, because abortion isn't a Christian/non-Christian issue, it's a human rights issue. I have never supported our country's laws being based on Biblical principles, so I'm not sure why you keep using God in your arguments. I do not want anything even resembling a theocracy, I just want a government that protects everyone's basic rights. And I feel that unborn babies deserve to have their basic right to life protected, while you obviously do not.

To your second point, of course we all realize that Roe vs. Wade is the current law of the land. That isn't even the subject of this thread, the question was asked initially about our personal opinions on abortion. If you're falling back on a "It's the law" argument, that's a sign that you are running out of valid arguments. Besides, just because something is the law doesn't make it right. If I recall, wasn't it once the "law of the land" that women and minorities were not allowed to vote? Seems to me that "the law" is not always right...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by More Cowbell - 10-17-2008, 10:32 AM