Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
thecavemaster Wrote:Again, if "god" could stop it but doesn't, what's that? the laziest man/woman in town.

God doesn't step in and stop every death from occuring, that's not the way it works. He allows the miscarriage to occur, just like he allows a person to get cancer. God also allows people to committ sinful acts, such as murder. But just because he doesn't stop them means he condones the acts. That's the free will he gives us to make daily choices about what we do. Besides, just because God allows people to die of natural causes doesn't mean that it's okay to murder someone, does it?

Quote: Fertilized egg and unborn child are not exact equivalents.

If you want to use this argument, I can agree to a point. They are not the same, just as a 32-week fetus is not the same as a newborn baby, and a newborn is not the same as an adult. But if one believes that the fertilized egg is life, why shouldn't it have the right to live? And if it doesn't have that right, at what point does it gain said right?

Quote: Why do I keep bringing "god" up? Why can't I? Right to life folks have the patent?

I'm a firm "right-to-lifer", and I'm not bring up God or the Bible to support my position. As I've stated many times, this isn't a religious issue, it's a rights issue. Do you think unborn children have a right to live, or do you not. That's all.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by More Cowbell - 10-20-2008, 05:47 PM