Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
More Cowbell Wrote:Replies to you...

- Just because you seem to want to believe that my position is based on "Appalachian religion" doesn't make it so. I've told you what my position is based on, you just choose to ignore it.

- You have no position to assume that I make judgments about the value of human life; you don't know me. However, I'm pretty sure from reading your posts that you regard the life of an unborn child as having very little value.

- You mistake my position as a lack of caring for women who attempt "back-alley" abortions. On the contrary, I wish no ill will onto them, and I hope that if they do undergo such a procedure that they do not die. Two deaths is certainly worse than one, although you fail to acknowledge that no deaths would be even better. However, protecting the health of the murderer is not a valid reason to keep the murder of unborn babies legal.

(1) A woman who chooses a miscarriage is not a murderer, unless "god" is a murderer, which in the OT he or she appears to be.
(2) Everyone makes judgments about the value of life, human or otherwise.
(3) Every woman, poor or rich, Afghan or American, should have the right to a a safe abortion.
(4) Nearly all people believe: (a) unwanted pregnancies should be avoided; (b) adoption is the best of a non-optimum situation.
(5) A fertilized egg has less value than the mother, in my opinion...not no value or very little value.
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by thecavemaster - 10-27-2008, 02:54 PM