Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
thecavemaster Wrote:In my opinion, withint the first ten weeks, a woman's discretion is all that is required. We place relative value on life, human and otherwise, all the day, every day, all day long. If "god" allows miscarriages, why can't human beings make that decision? Human beings struggle to cause earthquakes, though atomic explosions are within their range. The trouble is this: the killing of a person who exists outside the womb is not the same for me as the fertilized egg. With that distinction, your "sound silly" argument breaks down.

It only makes sense to allow abortions, based solely on the woman's discretion, if the unborn child is given no value at all. If the life does indeed have value, then that trumps the mother just not wanting to be pregnant.

As for the God comparison, I have responded to that question with one of my own multiple times. Here's my most recent illustration...

More Cowbell Wrote:Once again you're bringing God into the discussion, so here goes... You are saying that since God "causes" miscarriages, then it must be okay for people to cause one as well, as in an abortion. By your same logic, since God "causes" people to die of cancer and the like, it must be okay for other people to cause someone else's death as well, such as with a gunshot. We should thus make it legal to commit murder in this country. Sound silly? It's your reasoning, not mine.

The distinction you make between "in-the-womb" and "out-of-the-womb" does not cause my argument to break down. My illustration only compares apples to apples and oranges to oranges. As in, comparing the death of a child "in-the-womb", either by natural reasons or caused by man, versus the natural or man-caused death of someone out-of-the-womb. The comparison is valid.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by More Cowbell - 11-07-2008, 05:53 PM